• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK's High On Aldridge

TexasPete

Playing style was a mixture of power forward and center, but he has a big enough body, AND PLAYS IN SUCH A WAY, that he could certainly man the C position.

Could he play PF also? Yes. But on the Hawks, he would be our starting Center.

He is different from Noah in that Noah has absolutely no offense and also is completely incapable of playing man defense.

Noah is a good transition player, rebounder, help defender, and energy booster...Aldridge is a MUCH better prospect for the C position.

I still remember seeing Noah get pushed around in the post by the 6'4 PF Dane Bradshaw from Tennessee... It was one of the most embarrassing things I've ever seen for an opposing player.

No way I want him covering the opposing teams center...Nor do I want Yi, Horford (depending on what he measures at and his workouts) or Wright to even attempt to do the same.

Quote:

I would do #3/Chill for Aldridge/Jack

We're still light at C and probably need a backup 2, but the roster is getting much more balanced. Hopefully you can draft Hawes at 11 and have:

TEAM A

Jack/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/

Smith/Shelden

Aldridge/Hawes/Zaza/Solo

Obviously a lot of those guys play multiple positions, with Smith playing some SF, Aldridge playing PF etc... Or you could get Critt at 11 with the understanding that AJ and Lue are gone within a year anyhow and have

TEAM B

Jack/Crittenton/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/

Smith/Shelden

Aldridge/Zaza/Solo

Best case scenario if we keep the pick is (IMO):

TEAM C

Conley/Speedy/AJ/Lue

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Chill

Smith/Shelden

Hawes/Zaza/Solo

I don't think the difference between Jack and Conley is big enough to pass up.

Which team would you guys take?

I like it. Aldridge is a much better prospect then Wright. Aldridge is 2'' taller and at least 20 pounds heavier.

If we get Aldrige and Jack for Chills / #3...I would use the #11 pick on the big SG out of USC to balance out the bench or even Critt b/c Jack gives Critt time to develop BB IQ while he is backing JJ at SG.

• Premium Member

I really don't think that PTL would go after Wright and I don't think they would want Chillz. Imagine: PTL would need a Sf. I think they'd take Marvin. Almost a Homer, pure SF, and a Shooter to boot.

Marvin was always called the prototypical Sf.

I would take Sergio instead of Jack.

This would give PTL the opportunity to have:

Conley, Roy, Marvin, Zebo, and Oden. That's a powerful starting 5 if you believe the hype on Conley. Maybe it's just the fact that Conley knows Oden so well. But that would be an awesome 5 because Zebo is a 23/10 PF. He can do his thing on offense and he gets lots of help from Oden defensively. Marvin is a better Sf than Chillz or Webster. PTL's bench is loaded. They have Webster, Jack, Pryz, and Outlaw coming off the pine.

Quote:

Your problem is that you have one of the few 20/10 players in the league who plays the same position and has a big contract that will be difficult to move. Plus Aldridge's game doesn't complement Odens game offensively. Zach has range on his shot and would be able to give Oden more space to work in the post.

Shaq, Wilt and Kareem were all traded so there is no such thing as an untouchable player.

Zach has just come off of his career year, and he is highly likely to be moved this offseason. The most likely destinations are NJ, CHI or WASH. Portland's number one priority is to get decent value for randolph and move him this offseason. They do not want Randolph playing with these young players.

Aldridge is not untouchable, but I am telling you he is not going to be traded to the Hawks for the number 3 pick. He will not be moved this year and he will never play for the atlanta hawks.

Quote:

Sergio doesn't play defense. Jack isn't flashy but he plays both ends.

Yes that is accurate. They love Sergio for his penetration skills and ability to dish but he is never going to be a great defender and certainly never in Jack's league. Roy played PG for PTL all last summer league and did play PG some last year as well.

Quote:

Aldridge /Jack > Wright / Chills

Who could argue that. We get the PG and post presence who is equally skilled as Wrtight and 27 pounds heavier.

I know Portland does not want Wright. My point was there is all this talk we take Wright at #3..so would you rather have Wright at #3 or trade #3 and Chills for Aldridge / Jack.

Hence.....Aldridge / Jack > Wright / Chills in terms of filling our needs.

Jack fills a need more then Chills.

Aldridge is Wright only Aldridge is 2'' taller and 27 pounds heavier...meaning he is a legit post presence RIGHT NOW !

• Premium Member

Quote:

...The Hawks are asking for Alrdidge and Jack for 3.

The Blazers won't do that...

It may take some sweetening, but I seriously believe that the question isn't "What other Hawk can we acquire?", and more--much more--"What other contract are you willing to take off our hands?"

Therein lies the rub... Billy's proven himself to be a real stick-in-the-mud when it comes to accepting bad contracts (and I mean that in a positive way).

One direction BK and Pritchard could conceivably take is for each to exchange "regret" contracts, but for the one ATL takes back to be slightly more expensive long-term, either in terms of dollars or years.

To wit, a balanced approach might be for BK to take on Pryzbilla's 4 years @ appx 6.3 mil in the deal in exchange for Pritchard taking on Speedy's 3 years @ appx 5.7 mil and Wright's remaining 3.2 mil (this season only).

The total dollar figures exchanged, then, is 26.2 mil liability for ATL to swallow, just 20.4 mil liability for PTL to swallow.

That deal, then might look like this:

>>>To PTL<<<

- #3 Pick (appx 3.5 mil)

- Speedy Claxton (6.3 mil)

- Lo Wright (3.2 mil)

***13 mil against 2007-08 cap

>>>To ATL<<<

- Lamarcus Aldridge (4.3 mil)

- Joel Pryzbilla (5.7 mil)

- Jarrett Jack (1.2 mil)

***11.2 mil against 2007-08 cap

(If the projected 59 million cap holds out, this essentially maxes out PTL practically right at that number, while ATL rolls back payroll to about 46 million.)

We're always subject to being accused of bias, of course, but fwiw, that deal looks pretty stout to me. thumbsup3d.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Aldridge/Jack/Next Years #1 for #3/Chillz

This is pretty close to a deal I would suspect BK would hold-out for.

It's not that he's so likely to give up Chilz as much as it is that he'd very much like to regain a position in next season's draft. (The whole Harrington-to-IND episode of last off-season indicated just how important that is to him.)

And, just assuming the Mock GMs to be generally correct, it would appear that there will be about 4-5 legitimate replacements for Chilz @ the #11 slot.

munching_out.gif