To Golden State:

Childress

Salim

#3 pick (Yi)

To Atlanta:

Biedrins

Ellis

#18 pick (maybe Splitter?)

This would be based on how strongly the mutual interest between Yi and GS is. If they both really want each other, I wonder if we could pull this off. Ellis didn't play much down the stretch for whatever reason and although it's hard to see them letting go of Biedrins they didn't use him as much as they could have in the playoffs either.

At #11 we draft Acie Law and at #18 we draft a project big like Splitter who we can wait until next year for and line up like this in 2007:

Speedy/Lue/AJ/Law (trade one of them for an 07 or 08 2nd rounder)

JJ/Ellis

Smoove/Marvin

Shelden/Lo

Biedrins/ZaZa/Solomon

We have our PG of the future in Law, a very talented and still quite young C in Biedrins who plays good defense and we finally get a quality backup to JJ who can score for us when he is in the game.

Golden State loses 2 good young players but get a solid 6th man in Childress, a lesser Ellis in Salim who would fit in nicely there, and they get Yi. Thoughts?

No way would GS do this trade, IMO. They will not let the 1st and 5th most improved players go particularly when they are so young. Add the fact that Biedrins had a great first half before running out of gas a bit due to conditioning, he is a bona-fide center which is rarer and rarer nowadays.

NBA Most Improved Player Voting

Monta Ellis

Ellis

Warriors guard Monta Ellis' averages in the 2006-07 season (16.5 points, 4.1 assists, and 3.2 rebounds) were significantly better than his numbers last year (6.8 ppg, 1.6 apg, and 3.1 rpg), and his scoring increase (+9.7) was the highest of any player in the NBA. Thursday's voting totals for the NBA's Most Improved Player:

Votes

Player 1st 2nd 3rd Points

Monta Ellis, Warriors 47 34 15 352

Kevin Martin, Kings 44 38 15 349

Deron Williams, Jazz 13 6 18 101

Tyson Chandler, Hornets 6 11 9 72

Andris Biedrins, Warriors 8 4 12 64

Al Jefferson, Celtics 2 13 13 62

Luol Deng, Bulls 2 7 13 44

Leandro Barbosa, Suns 3 3 -- 24

Andre Iguodala, 76ers 1 2 3 14

David Lee, Knicks -- 3 3 12

Jason Kapono, Heat -- 1 7 10

Josh Howard, Mavericks 1 1 1 9

I would also be inclined to simplify this deal to #3 for Biedrins, and whatever filler would be required on either side. I personally don't see a need for Ellis if you are still picking a PG at #11 (my preference too).

Biedrins would arguably be a better answer at C than Horford or Noah or Hawes. Plus he has a few years of experience so he is ready to go.

Nellie might be crazy enough to try this. I've also read somewhere that he was VERY high on Yi.

Can someone argue for and against Biedrins? I liked what I saw in the Dallas series, but I haven't seen enough to make a real strong argument in either direction. Specifically, I'd like to know if he is strong enough to man up defensively in the post. Obvi, he's not a good free throw shooter or create-your-own shot offensive option.

Quote:

Quote:

The chances of that deal happening are about the same as the chances of me getting pregnant.

Have you missed your period ???

Never had one.

This is an extreme homer trade. Beidrins is as untradable for them as JJ is for us.

Their only hole on the roster is at pf so they wouldnt want Chill. The only guy on our team that they would want is Josh Smith and even then they wouldn't give up Biedrins.

• Premium Member

He's a beast. The guy gives 100% effort all the time on the court and frankly he loves contact so much he's had to severely tone DOWN how much he likes to bang with people because he was getting in so much foul trouble.

He'd be a great fit on our team at center.

Exodus: You been running around with a telephone operator

and she reversed charges on you ?? tongue.gif

We know that we're looking for a veteran player, probably

a center, seeing as how we have an abundance of veteran

point guards.

Pick out a center, then add a project PG and that's how

this off season goes, I believe.

goodvibes.gif

This is an extreme homer trade. Beidrins is as untradable for them as JJ is for us.

Their only hole on the roster is at pf so they wouldnt want Chill. The only guy on our team that they would want is Josh Smith and even then they wouldn't give up Biedrins.

Can you blame him for PIPE dreaming. Yi at Golden State would be a huge "business" move. With the media and the off the charts Asian population there. It would be standing room only throughout the season. bannana_guitar.gif

You see Biedrins as untradeable, really? On paper, he looks to be a 10/9 guy who has a limited offensive game and is lousy at the stripe. He didn't even start every game (69 starts, 82 games played). But what he does bring, apparently, in defense, energy, and rebounding is exactly what the Hawks need from that position.

I was more concerned that the #3 is too much for him. confused.gif

Quote:

You see Biedrins as untradeable, really? On paper, he looks to be a 10/9 guy who has a limited offensive game and is lousy at the stripe. He didn't even start every game (69 starts, 82 games played). But what he does bring, apparently, in defense, energy, and rebounding is exactly what the Hawks need from that position.

I was more concerned that the #3 is too much for him.
confused.gif

He is an absolutely uncanny shot-blocker. I believe that he had multiple games last year blocking 7-8 shots. He is a major disruptor with his arms and leaping ability. He also runs the floor extremely well. He was not used to the rigors of an 82 game season and ran out of gas towards the end of the season.

No way would I trade this guy for the number 3 pick given the dearth of centers out there with his upside much less throwing in MOnta Ellis.

Quote:

Can you blame him for PIPE dreaming. Yi at Golden State would be a huge "business" move. With the media and the off the charts Asian population there. It would be standing room only throughout the season.
bannana_guitar.gif

And a Beautiful. I say Beautiful place to live and play. thumb3d.gif

Guest Walter

I don't think we need a pure point next to JJ and Ellis would be a star for us.

Biedrins/ZaZa

JS/SW

MW

JJ/Rudy Fernandez (drafted)

Ellis/Speedy

If GS wants Yi. This is as unlikely as any deal.

W