• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hoford / Smith = Boozer / AK47

coachx

What about that analogy ?

Boozer / AK 47 = Hoford / Smith

I know many will say Boozer is not a center, Okur is their center.

Well, it is Boozer who guards Tim Duncan or the opposing teams best post scorer, never is it Okur. Ak47 is their shot blocker like Smith is for us. Okur plays the games of a spot up SF like Marvin and was so soft he all but dissapeared vs. the Spurs.

Hoford seems maybe an inch taller then Boozer & is more atheltic. Hoford is more of a shot blocker then Boozer and is every bit as strong. Therefor, I think Hoford would be better at center than Boozer.

Many feel the Jazz would have been more competitive vs. the Spurs had the sat Okur and plaid Boozer at C and AK47 at the PF. That way AK47 could utilize his quickness and speed.

That would have forced Horry or the European stiff to have to run the floor or try to keep up AK47 defensivly while Boozer had showed he can hold his own vs. Duncan. Or.....the Spurs come out of their game plan and play Bowen at PF where he would get out rebounded 10 to 4 vs. AK47.

Just thought provoking to me.....

Boozer reimnds me alot of Hoford physically, mentally, and both have that competitive fire and love to initiate contact like inside players need to do. Hoford is a better shot blocker too.

Smith is better then AK47 in my book too ! Smith is 21 and will be much better then AK47 very, very soon.

Bring on Hoford and lets trade #11 for Bibby or use it on Law !

Quote:

This is no small thing. Boozer played less than 10% of his minutes at C. If you are talking about Smith/Horford at 3/4 like the Jazz do, where are Childress, Marvin, and Shelden going?

Quote:

Quote:

This is no small thing. Boozer played less than 10% of his minutes at C. If you are talking about Smith/Horford at 3/4 like the Jazz do, where are Childress, Marvin, and Shelden going?

Boozer to me really plays more of a center role defensivly then does Okur.

To me Boozer is the superior post defender when compared to Okur. He is definatly the better post scorer even with a longer player guarding him.

To me Hoford is a little taller and longer then Hoford and is definatly a better shot blocker then Boozer. Probably a little quicker then Boozer.

Therfore, I came to the conclusion Hoford would be a better center then Boozer. Maybe not his rookie year but it should turn out that wayin a fairly short amount of time. (2/3 years)

I think Hoford could turn out to be a poor man's Alonzo Mourning at center.

Just my two cents.

There is a rational arguement that Conley would help the team just as much if not more then Hoford at #3. However, I feel the gap between Conley and Law is small enough to go big with #3 and #11 go Law. There will be no quality big at #11 who would = what Law gives you as a PG.

Quote:

Boozer to me really plays more of a center role defensivly then does Okur.

In 90% of their games, he plays PF on both sides. However, Okur is a weak defender. When the opponents have a C that will murder Okur sometimes Boozer will guard him, but it puts them at a disadvantage. And Boozer often picks up cheap fouls. As for Tim Duncan, I believe he has started every playoff game at PF, with Elson or Oberto at C. Again, if the question is "could Horford play some C because we'd need him to?", the answer is yes. If the question is "What is Horford?", the answer is a PF. You can force him into the C slot just like you can force JJ into the PG slot, but at the end of the day players are most successful at their natural positions and he is a forward.

If you think his talent is so astounding that we have to draft him despite having Chill/Marvin/Smith/Shelden as forwards, then you better be ready to start dealing people to make room for him. I would prefer the top talent at a position of need, PG. Who knows if Law will be there at 11? 11 is an uncertainty. It's a gamble no matter what. #3 is the slot where we get to pick the player we want most out of anyone not named Oden or Durant. I'm rolling with Conley.

Quote:

To me Hoford is a little taller and longer then Hoford

Then we MUST draft him!

I don't think Horford is a center. He may be a very good power forward.

I am inclining at the moment to the opinion that Conley and Law and possibly Critt are equally desirable at pg. Therefore, again at the moment, I am leaning towards waiting til 11 and taking our choice of pg among those then available.

Since there is no center worthy of the third pick, and in the absence of a trade, I lean towards taking the bpa who I think is Corey Brewer, the best player on the best team in the country. He has the heart and the speed and the defense and the clutch to be a star in the league, along the lines of Josh Howard. Of course, if we keep him, we would eventually trade someone else, probably Chills, preferably towards a real, starter-quality 5.

I would also be wining and dining zo's agent, to try to sign him for year, possibly as a player/coach.

Quote:

I don't think Horford is a center. He may be a very good power forward.

I am inclining at the moment to the opinion that Conley and Law and possibly Critt are equally desirable at pg. Therefore, again at the moment, I am leaning towards waiting til 11 and taking our choice of pg among those then available.

Since there is no center worthy of the third pick, and in the absence of a trade, I lean towards taking the bpa who I think is Corey Brewer, the best player on the best team in the country. He has the heart and the speed and the defense and the clutch to be a star in the league, along the lines of Josh Howard. Of course, if we keep him, we would eventually trade someone else, probably Chills, preferably towards a real, starter-quality 5.

I would also be wining and dining zo's agent, to try to sign him for year, possibly as a player/coach.

Man I love Corey Brewer too ! I have been sky high on him for quite a while. Drafting #3 Brewer would only facillitate more trades. Marvin would have to go which is fine with me if his replacement is Corey Brewer. It is just hard to make a fire sale trade when teams no your desperate.

As much as I like Brewer, with Chills and Marvin at SF he does not fill a need and would creat more chaos b/c a fire sale trade would have to made.