• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

just a thought

GoDawgs21

Ok since last year our projected starting 5 played all of 4 games together; I was sitting here watching the Yi video and had a startling thought.

Bare with me, lets ASSUME that everyone is healthy. I know this is a big if with Speedy, but our other guys don't show a history of injuries.

Assuming we go Yi or Hoffordm then Law or Critt in the draft.

Starting 5:

Speedy

JJ

Marvin

Smith

ZaZa

Bench:

Law (critt), Lue, (assume AJ's contract is moved)

Salim

Chill

Shelden

Yi (Hofford), Solomon

I really want to see one bench in the east that can even compete with that when subs are made.

If we meet a running team,

Speedy

JJ

Chill

Marvin

Josh

Meet a big team

Law (Critt)

JJ

Josh

Shelden

Yi (Hofford)

These picks give us a lot of options. ASSUMING we are healthy this is a very deep and versatile team. The playoffs aren't far off.

Nice post.

I was having some similar thoughts the other day that assuming we get a big and a PG from the draft, we can easily tweak our roster to meet our opponents' needs.

I am very excited for this coming season, and we NEED to make the playoffs. No excuses anymore.

This has to be the year we make the playoffs even if we have guys hurt we will have draft picks and we know shelden and even solomon can step in and carry the load. AJ being added will also help our depth at pg along with a pg in the draft. We should easily be a 6-8 seed next year and maybe even a 4 or 5 if healthy.

They may not all be Shaq on that big team, but please tell me we wouldn't have and advantage on any team in the east w/ that big lineup. The guards posting up smaller guards, and both bigs being able to draw their defenders out of the paint because they have to respect a 11 or 12 foot jumper, clearing up JJ in the post.

But that big lineup of would create some serious matchup problems in the East.

6'4 Law or Critt (avg)

6'7 JJ

6'9 Smith

6'10 Shelden

7'0 Yi

While it may not be ideal on defense, but have Shelden cover the other teams big and put his weight on him. Yi with his length could present problems for any PF trying to drive. Josh Smith on any SF in the east??????

• Moderators

Quote:

Law (critt), Lue, (assume AJ's contract is moved)

Salim

Chill

Shelden

Yi (Hofford), Solomon

I really want to see one bench in the east that can even compete with that when subs are made.

I would hope to goodness sake that no one else's bench would be that good considering it would have 4 lottery picks.

Quote:

The guards posting up smaller guards, and both bigs being able to draw their defenders out of the paint because they have to respect a 11 or 12 foot jumper, clearing up JJ in the post.

That is a lot easier in theory than in practice.

Playing at a slow pace with an undersized front line isn't a recipe for success.

the problem for me is that the team is so young. You need a mix of veteran savvy and young guys to win in the league. Chicago is a blue print. The best of the young guys stayed in the rotation and they brought in PJ Brown, Ben Wallace and Adreian Griffin to add some old heads to the mix. All leader types. That was a large part of the young guys improving and the team making the playoffs. I think the Hawks need to bring in an all-star (or close) vet whether it is the big man or pg this year. JJ is the only leader type vet on the team and even he is just 5 years into the league.

this is why i was beginning to like this team if it pans out this way. We can play that lineup against a team like Det or Mia that is slower pace, but then we have the option to have a quick lineup for teams like Chi or Was with

Speedy

JJ

Chill

Marvin

Smith

That team can run all day long.