• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would this be ideal to make everyone happy here?

GoDawgs21

http://www.sportsline.com/nba/draft/mock

Mock Drafts

Tony Mejia Gary Parrish TSX

1 POR Greg Oden, C, Ohio State

2 SEA Kevin Durant, F, Texas

3 ATL Al Horford, F, Florida

4 MEM Brandan Wright, F, North Carolina

5 BOS Yi Jianlian, F/C, Guangdong, China

6 MIL Julian Wright, F, Kansas

7 MIN Corey Brewer, G/F, Florida

8 CHA Spencer Hawes, C, Washington

9 CHI Jeff Green, F, Georgetown

10 SAC Joakim Noah, F, Florida

11 ATL Mike Conley, G, Ohio State

12 PHI Al Thornton, F, Florida State

13 NO Nick Young, G, Southern California

14 LAC Javaris Crittenton, G, Georgia Tech

15 DET Acie Law, G, Texas A&M

This is why most of us are not sold on Conley. It's not that he isn't good, but is he worth the 3rd pick when he himself or another PG could be there at 11. One must forget that it was Conley's camp that put out there Por wanted to trade to Atl to get him at 3. There is always hype put out there to inflate a persons draft status. Prior to the tournament there was still a question if he should come out.

So all this being said, if we take Yi (my pick) or Hofford at 3, does Conley fall to us at 11 baring trades.

Memphis could take him, but but I believe they are looking for a post presence to team with Pau.

Bos ? with the three young PG they have would they?

Mil is the best candidate between 3 and 11

Min has Foye

Cha has Knight and Felton

Chi has hinrich

Sac possible to replace Bibby

There is a very good chance he could fall to 11.

This would make Hawksquawk land such a happy place for the most part. Can that ever happen, no bitching and moaning, but actual happiness on this board.

I would be happy with any combo of:

Yi or Hoford as bigs

Law/ Conley at PG ....to a lesser extent Critt atPG

I'd rather trade #11 for Jack then take Critt. Especially if we take Yi over Hoford. Yi's lack of defense will make the defense of our PG more important, That is what Jack is good at, defense.

If the draft were tonight I'd gamble on Yi at #3 over the steady blue collar play of Hoford. At the same time I would be OK with Hoford at #3 too.

just to add on .... and both this one and the previos are from this week post workout

http://nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2007

Conley at 11 again. I believe far to many people on here think we are attacking Conley when we mention other players being drafted at 3. We just feel he isn't worth that high of a pick. It is interesting to see some of the mocks done back in Feb. pretourney and this Conley love fest. He is going 12th in the one.

http://nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2007

• Premium Member

Pardon the observation, but I do believe you should consider lowering your standard...

Having said that, yes, I could stomach this.

But no, I wouldn't be "happy."

While, with 3 PGs on the roster, we have the luxury of not desperately needing someone to show up solid for 07-08, I'd rather have someone with all of these attributes:

- Age 21-24, preferably with a year or two of NBA experience

- Taller than AJ, Speedy or Lue, thus giving the roster some additional flexibility

- Competent ball distributor... in a Joe Dumars kind-of-way, as opposed to the flashy Zeke Thomas kind-of-way

- Considered a plus defensive guy

Conley satisfies those last two, and in a big enough way that I can be "satisfied."

But for the benefit of this team in 07-08, and 08-09 (as opposed to longer term), I'm sold on Jack, or someone similar... and all the moreso if we can turn a trade that gets back more than just Jack in the process.

I would definitely be happy with Conley at 11. I'm open to the idea of trading the 11 for Jarrett Jack and something else, but I really think Conley's athleticism, long arms, and selflessness would make him an ideal PG for the Hawks (or any team, really).

He's not worth taking at 3, but I would be beyond pissed if we traded the number 11 for Jarrett Jack and Portland ends up getting Conley there. I think Jack is a solid PG, I really just can't see him leading a team, especially this team, deep into the playoffs in the next two years, and I think three years down the road Law or Conley will be a better option.

Conley could easily have an NBA career that whoever says he should have been traded for Jarrett Jack will be the guy talking out of his ass in the elevator on that commercial ("Steve Nash is a great shotblocker").

Not to mention that Conley might be more ready for the NBA than some think. He just lead Ohio State to the championship. Oden was a luxury, but Oden didn't lead them there by any stretch. Also, he's dominating the NBA workouts which shows he's ready physically.

I'm all for Jack over Critt if Law and Conley are gone, but I'm not sold on Jack ever scraping the potential of either of the top 2 PGs in this year's draft.