• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The BPA at 3 is...

D.R.P.

Al Horford, and this is coming from a certified gator hater. The BPAFH (Best Player Available for Hawks) is Mike Conley Jr. Horford’s not the best player for the hawks because he is NOT A CENTER neither is Yi. Conley’s not a reach when Memphis could definitely draft him at #4, since Marc Iavaroni is their new head coach, and his first priority will be to get a point guard, just like when Brian Colangelo became the GM of the Raptors and traded for T.J. Ford. Kyle Lowry only played 10 games last year he can’t be counted on the start next year. For Memphis it’s clearly between Horford and Conley at #4.

For all of the Yi lovers why won’t your boy work out versus Horford? Its simple cause Al would eat Yi alive on the court. Yi would wind up missing and on milk cartons if he went 1 on 1 with Horford. Why is it that Yi did not attend the workout drills in Orlando and compete versus any other players?

Some of the same people that’s on the Yi love boat are some of the biggest Marvin haters, yet they want to draft a 22 year old prospect compared to Marvin being a 18 year old prospect when he was drafted. Yi hasn’t even being playing in the second best basketball league yet he’s 22.

"This is Yi after seeing Horford in the gym, waiting for Horford to leave."

hidesbehindsofa.gif

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only does Yi have skills but management isn't passing up making $$$ from him. A skilled player + a chance to tap into a new market and make $$$ is why ATL will not pass on him.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Al Horford, and this is coming from a certified gator hater. The BPAFH (Best Player Available for Hawks) is Mike Conley Jr. Horford’s not the best player for the hawks because he is NOT A CENTER neither is Yi. Conley’s not a reach when Memphis could definitely draft him at #4

Yes, Conley is a reach even at 4. More importantly he's a reach when you have the 11th pick in the draft and Law and/or Crittenton will be available while FAR less talent will be available there than at 3.

Horford is a reach at center and next to Yi...[b ]JUST ASK HORFORD'S OWN TEAMATE WHO IS BETTER BETWEEN YI AND HORFORD.

I've never heard of Noah's jaw publically dropping in awe of Horford even when doing so hurts Noah's own stock. Noah was VERY public about how impressive Yi was. THAT should say something about where Yi stands next to Horford. Noah knows Horford best and he gushes over Yi not Horford. That's big.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Have you seen Yi play one full game?

Youtube clips don't count.

Can Yi guard Dwight Howard, Eddy Curry, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal?

Yi is too fast for all those guys. I see Yi as a Pf, same as Horford.

W

It’s no guarantee that both Law and Crittenton are going to be available at 11. Also if Billy Knight drafts Yi at 3 everyone should be crapping in their pants. Just look at his track record, when has Knight made the correct pick in the lottery with the Hawks. We know he wants to pick a forward just look at his track record. If he takes Yi at 3 it would be the 9 straight forwards taken if the first round. Yi IS NOT A CENTER.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Have you seen Yi play one full game?

Youtube clips don't count.

Can Yi guard Dwight Howard, Eddy Curry, Shaq, Jermaine O'Neal?

Yi is too fast for all those guys. I see Yi as a Pf, same as Horford.

W

Agreed. At this point, there is no reason to view Yi as a C. If you want a "potential" center for down the line that is too speculative a reason when he has struggled in the post in the CBA. That said, there is no reason to rule him out considering all the other big men choices at #3 are also forwards.

Ok I put this on the other thread, but you keep asking how is he going to cover them? I ask how is Eddy Curry going ot cover Yi. So Eddy Curry is going to be out at the 3 point line guarding Yi????? That I want to see. Can you count how fast JJ will post up in the lane? SO now you have the other teams C out at the top of the key, or even better if they put a PF on Yi, then who does a guy like Eddie cover, Josh or Marvin????

So if Orl keeps Darko.

Is Dwight going to go out and cover Yi at the 3 point line? If so then Darko is the only guy holding down the paint against Smith and Marvin. This is the same reason Utah is so damn effective. You think Memhet Okur can play that much better d against a guy like Howard????

No, but the pay off is at the other end. Just like the games against us if the big man is out hitting the shots from deep it draw the other teams bigs out of the paint. It opens up easy lanes for guys like Deron and AK. Woody LOVES the pick and pop. How effective will Yi be at that??? He is 7 foot and can fade away. So now the guy getting screened has to come out and contest that shot, giving up the weakside. The more I think about our offense the more I like Yi.

Guest Walter

Quote:

It’s no guarantee that both Law and Crittenton are going to be available at 11.

But I will guarantee one will be there.

Quote:

Also if Billy Knight drafts Yi at 3 everyone should be crapping in their pants. Just look at his track record

Shouldn't that apply to any player BK picks if the argument is BK doing the picking is historically bad.

Quote:

If he takes Yi at 3 it would be the 9 straight forwards taken if the first round. Yi IS NOT A CENTER.

And it would be the 2nd out of those nine that are talented enough to justify their selection. TALENT is important to a team with the 4th most losses, 2 stars that are less than the top 15 teams' 2 stars...when they can fill another need like Pg at 11. TALENT isn't generally found later in the draft. Pgs are. This year is no exception. Quit acting like the only pick we have is #3.

W

Why would Yi start over Smith???? Would Yi not be his back up getting 10-12 minutes of that time, then if we go to a quick line up he would back up at C getting 15-16 minutes.

We aren't saying he will start over Smith, but if a team like Ind can use Jeff Foster at C, and JO at PF, why for stretches of the game can we not have all on the floor, PG (Law, Critt, SPeedy, whatever), JJ, Marvin, Smith, Yi.

Our most succesful lineup last year was when on the floor we had, JJ, Chill, Marvin, Smith, then ZaZa, we would run and run. Why Woody didnt do it more, for a stretch of 7-8 minutes is beyond me.

This is the argument I love he is a PF we dont need more. Basketball is a game of subs, its not soccer. With 96 minutes at F and with say 18 that Z doesnt use at C there are plenty of minutes to go around.

Guest Walter

Quote:

So if Yi is a PF then what happens to Josh Smith? If we take Yi at 3, I can see Josh Smith walking, he's not going sign a contract extension with the Hawks.

I see Yi and JS being many times more talented and complimenting each other FAR better than JS and MW are and do. Play it the same way we have played it with JS and MW, a two "forward" lineup. This time, however, one of the forwards has center height, Pf size, and Sf AND Pf skills. Can't pass that up because you're afraid of a little competition or a trade (that needs to happen anyway). We aren't going to resign both MW and JC anyhow, let's get a deal done now for one of them.

We've always been forced to get a center through trade this offseason. Horford isn't one. Trade from our forward excess (JC, MW, and/or SW - although with Yi I'd like to keep SW somewhat) to get a center.

W

Quote:

Quit acting like the only pick we have is #3.

The best player available for the Hawks at #3 is Conley. The main position of need for the Hawks is a point guard not another power forward, especially a 22 year old project. Did you just see Tony Parker take the ball right to the hole three times, that's what the Hawks need a point guard that can do that among other things!

Guest Walter

Quote:

[b ]JUST ASK HORFORD'S OWN TEAMATE WHO IS BETTER BETWEEN YI AND HORFORD.

I've never heard of Noah's jaw publically dropping in awe of Horford even when doing so hurts Noah's own stock. Noah was VERY public about how impressive Yi was. THAT should say something about where Yi stands next to Horford. Noah knows Horford best and he gushes over Yi not Horford. That's big.

Why didn't you respond to this?

W

You should be asking this question.

When has Billy Knight ever made a pick that was a total bust?

Never.

Billy Knight, as a GM, has picked Stromile Swift, Pau Gasol, Josh Childress, Marvin Williams, and Shelden Williams in the lottery of the draft. None have been busts.

Quote:

Quote:

So if Yi is a PF then what happens to Josh Smith? If we take Yi at 3, I can see Josh Smith walking, he's not going sign a contract extension with the Hawks.

I see Yi and JS being many times more talented and complimenting each other FAR better than JS and MW are and do. Play it the same way we have played it with JS and MW, a two "forward" lineup. This time, however, one of the forwards has center height, Pf size, and Sf AND Pf skills. Can't pass that up because you're afraid of a little competition or a trade (that needs to happen anyway). We aren't going to resign both MW and JC anyhow, let's get a deal done now for one of them.

We've always been forced to get a center through trade this offseason. Horford isn't one. Trade from our forward excess (JC, MW, and/or SW - although with Yi I'd like to keep SW somewhat) to get a center.

W

Josh Smith best position is at the 4, do you really want Smith camping outside the 3 point line jacking up ill advised 3s like he did early in the year when he was playing small forward. By the way did you just see Parker take the ball right to the hole again, that what I'm talking about.