• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Billy Knight has lost his mind

Blunt91

If Billy trades both lottery picks and a young players(Likely Chillz) for Gasol I will be highly pissed. If we are going to do that we might as well get a real allstar like a Kevin Garnett. Don't trade both picks for a allstar reserve. If you trade both picks and a good young player it better be an allstar starter.

Fully agree and he mentioned it a couple times yesterday which scared me. On the flip side if we get a megastar, we're f'd financially for the future. I hope we keep #3 and trade 11 IF we can get a servicable player who'll help us. If Conley is avail at 11 though keep the pick.

am I the only one on here who thinks Gasol is a great player. 20.8ppg 9.8 rpg and 2 bpg shooting 54% from the field look pretty good to me. and World Champs MVP. I think he is much more of a winner than say Jermaine O'Neal and would be great for the team. Not many draft picks add up to those sort of numbers. I think that BK would only give up one pick anyway along with say Chill and maybe a future 2nd rounder. I would trade the #3 plus Chill for Gasol. It makes sense. Take the guy who is already at All Star level rather than one we hope will be. If Horford averaged 20.8, 9.8 and 2 people would anoint him as a new Hawk hero... Gasol is much more of a lock to do it.

• Premium Member

Surely he wouldn't have to give up that much to acquire Gasol. After all, we gave up a #3 pick and two players (LoWright and Brevin Knight) to acquire Shareef. Hopefully, that was more a 'hypothetical' than anything else.

Quote:

am I the only one on here who thinks Gasol is a great player. 20.

Actually, I'd say the majority on this board are with you as many think he's our 'big' man saviour..I don't see that. Good player...but more of a stop-gap IMHO. Long-term we'd be better off with keeping both picks.

I have two uncles that are season ticket holders in Memphis. Both would be happy to see Pau go. They laughed at us for taking Wright last year and they are begging us to take Pau this year. What that tells us I don't know but look what we got in Wright last year after they laughed at us. With this said. I want to give them as little as possible and I definantly don't want to disrupt any starter on our team.

Quote:

am I the only one on here who thinks Gasol is a great player. 20.8ppg 9.8 rpg and 2 bpg shooting 54% from the field look pretty good to me. and World Champs MVP. I think he is much more of a winner than say Jermaine O'Neal and would be great for the team. Not many draft picks add up to those sort of numbers. I think that BK would only give up one pick anyway along with say Chill and maybe a future 2nd rounder. I would trade the #3 plus Chill for Gasol. It makes sense. Take the guy who is already at All Star level rather than one we hope will be. If Horford averaged 20.8, 9.8 and 2 people would anoint him as a new Hawk hero... Gasol is much more of a lock to do it.

Gasol is good, but he's not worth both of our draft picsk and an additional player. THat is an absurd price to give up for Gasol.

I'm pro Gasol but with reservations only have the cap hit. I think he would be a great addition for us in at least providing us with 2 of our 4 problems. Post offense and scoring. Defense in the paint will still be the same as with ZaZa and we still need a point but even without those things, we'd be playoff material definitely.

I want to keep the #11 in this deal also to groom a young point. I would give Chill, #3, and Lue and that's it.

However I would love it to get Amare instead.

Quote:

If Billy trades both lottery picks and a young players(Likely Chillz) for Gasol I will be highly pissed.

I'd go beyond being highly pissed, and venture into the realm of being homicidal, suicidal, or possibly both. Adding Gasol's mega-deal contract onto this team could only severely hamstring us in the future from making further moves, and more importantly from being able to sign our own young players. And beyond that fact, Gasol is a whiner- which is something I have absolutely no tolerance for. It's like sack-up fella, and be a man. Here you are being paid multiple millions to play a child's game, and you dare have the gall to complain about how 'miserable' and 'unhappy' you are???? The hell with that. And BEYOND that, what has he ever done beyond fill the stat sheets up? Has he ever shown a capacity to lift not only himself but his team and the players around him to greatness or even very-goodness? Of course he hasn't, he's just a stat filler, and I'm afraid that's all he'll ever be.

I couldn't imagine a more disappointing scenario for us this offseason. I'd be beyond infuriated to the point of considering dropping the Hawks altogether. Eventually it just gets to the point of- ya know, who needs it?