• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

• Premium Member

Amare's asking price would be higher and I don't know if Phoenix would deal with us considering our draft pick situation next year. However Knight did contact them about Amare. I do not know the specifics, just that he did contact them about Amare's availibility.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I hope there is a player in this draft available at #3 that at least makes BK hesitant to just trade it away. PLEASE don't move both picks for Gasol. We need one of: Conley, Law, Crit or Jack. If we can move Speedy in this deal then I can live with #3/Childress.

#3/Childress/Claxton/Salim for Gasol works cap wise.

If we could somehow move Lue for a high 2nd round pick this year (or in the future for that matter) to add some youth since we are moving so much of ours in this deal. (#3/Chill/Salim)

Maybe if Conley drops to the 8 or 9 range we could find a way to move up without having to add a significant piece to #11. I could certainly live with:

Mike Conley Jr. / Anthony Johnson

Joe Johnson /

Marvin Williams /

Josh Smith / Shelden Williams / Solomon Jones

Paul Gasol / Zaza Pachulia / Lorenzen Wright

IMO, we'd need to sign a veteran BU wing, get a young wing with the 2nd we could acquire from a Lue deal and sign a veteran BU big.

I love it Sothron thanks!

Just to know that Billy has inquired about Amare makes me feel good. Probably would cost us 3,11 and someting like Josh smith....which I wouldnt do.

#3, Childress and Claxton would work in the trade checker for Gasol on real gm.

Gasol would be a definate upgrade for the team.

Be real nice to have that 1-2 punch of Gasol and Joe.

Anthony Johnson (Or whatever #11 can get us)

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Pau Gasol

We would be talking playoffs boys.

Quote:

I agree. I hope there is a player in this draft available at #3 that at least makes BK hesitant to just trade it away. PLEASE don't move both picks for Gasol. We need one of: Conley, Law, Crit or Jack. If we can move Speedy in this deal then I can live with #3/Childress.

#3/Childress/Claxton/Salim for Gasol works cap wise.

If we could somehow move Lue for a high 2nd round pick this year (or in the future for that matter) to add some youth since we are moving so much of ours in this deal. (#3/Chill/Salim)

Maybe if Conley drops to the 8 or 9 range we could find a way to move up without having to add a significant piece to #11. I could certainly live with:

Mike Conley Jr. / Anthony Johnson

Joe Johnson /

Marvin Williams /

Josh Smith / Shelden Williams / Solomon Jones

Paul Gasol / Zaza Pachulia / Lorenzen Wright

IMO, we'd need to sign a veteran BU wing, get a young wing with the 2nd we could acquire from a Lue deal and sign a veteran BU big.

That is a pretty good line up. Can Gasol defend out of the center position well. I would just hate for us to acquire Gasol and find out that we would still need to find a center in the near future.

Quote:

... The head says Gasol would be a great choice right now, but emotions pull for Yi...

Forget the emotions...go for a player who has been proven at the NBA level. People trash Gasol...but he has already shown that he can do it in the big leagues. He would immediatley be our go-to guy (JJ-notwithstanding). parrot.gif

Sothron thanks for the update! Tell your sources that were behind Knight if he can trade the #3, Chill and fillers for Gasol. We need to make this happen! Instant playoff team and possibly even win the division next year.

• Premium Member

Thanks guys. smile.gif

Gutzy as I said in my first point Knight is already trying to talk Memphis down out of their asking price over Gasol.

Just out of curiosity:

Would you guys rather trade #3 and #11 or #3 and Chill if it came down to it?

Soth you gotta deal chill. Hes got value and hes gonna excel in that system they are putting out there with the new coach. Chill will not see our starting lineup on a regular basis like someone has pointed out and he could walk next year.

#3, Chill, and Claxton gets that deal done. I mean you know Memphis is salivating over the possibility of having 2 top 5 picks and shaving money.

Gasol turns 27 in July. He's locked up for 4 more years, at the following annual salaries:

$13,709,375

$15,080,312

$16,451,250

$17,822,187

I think #3/Chill/Craig begins to work from a talent and salary perspective. That deal would eat up our remaining cap, though. If we could also give them Lo that would be good.

I have all the Hawks money on a spreadsheet. The #3/Chill/Craig deal works okay, but it's very close. It would allow us to resign Smoove at ~$10M per and come right up to the cap. There is NO way to do this deal without Craig in it, and still be able to resign Smoove.

With Pau's money on board, I think we would soon find that we could not afford the luxury of keeping MW, Smoove, and Shelden. For instance, let's project to 2009, with a cap around $61M, projected by me: (i make some guesses with regards to resigned salary amounts)

Pau: 16.4M

JJ: 15M (in his last year),

Smoove: 11M,

Shelden: resigned at 6M,

Marvin: resigned at 8.5M,

#11 pick: 1.85M (due for resigning in 2010)

That's almost $59M of a $61M cap in your top 6 players. You've still got potentially Solo and Zaza and Salim to sign, if you still want 'em at that point. But in order to stay near the cap, we'd have a pretty lousy bench to go along with that awesome 6. That's why I say that one of Smoove/Shell/MW might also have to go to make Pau work longterm.

Do you want Yi and a deep bench, or Pau?? It's a tough, tough call.

Soth do you think we could give them Shelden AND Childress instead of the #11 if they were unwilling to give him up for just the #3/Chill? Getting Gasol in return minimizes our need for Shelden, or does BK value Shelden too high?