• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We are missing the big picture

capstone21

• Admin

It would be great to get Gasol or draft Yi/Horford or whoever but we can not come away from this offseason without a legitimate PG. I am not talking Law or Crit. I am talking a proven player.

THAT IS OUR BIGGEST NEED. Say what you will about Speedy but when he was playing he was our best pg. We need to acquire a pg that will make our team better. If not then we are not going to see much improvement.

The ACE in the hole is pick number 11. I think we can get a PG for the future in the draft, but I would package a player and get a young vet and alleviate the duplication of F's. I only feel this way because I want Yi (Just me I guess....I like what I've HEARD). Getting Yi maybe gives us more talent and again duplicates the F position, but with a good PG and the weapons we would have, we could make a lot of noise in the East.

I agree....if we get the right PG...banana.gif

If Speedy comes back this coming season and can remain

100 % healthy, this would go a long way toward solving

our point guard problem - only temporarily. If, and

that's the big if, this happens, then we draft the point

guard of our future and we are set.

Ideally, then as Speedy heads toward the sunset of his

NBA career, our young PG matures to replace him.

Therein lies the problem. Speedy. The answer, if he

is healthy - If he's not, what do we do with him or

about him? Great question.

If this isn't the solution, who do we trade for? And,

what is this very necessary part of our puzzle going

to cost us?

confused.gif

The problem is Speedy has never made it through a full season so relying on him is asking for trouble. Moreover, he has never been a great distributor so I am not sure he really provides what the Hawks need even if healthy. He is a quality reserve if healthy though.

After listening to BK yesterday, my reading of the tea leaves is that he still has Speedy projected in the

point guard slot (he talked about Speedy doing everything asked of him to get healthy). If so, he'll draft a PG at #11 and allow that player to mature over the course of 2-3 years.

He does need the player(s) we acquire by using the #3 pick to play serious minutes in 07-08.

Quote:

It would be great to get Gasol or draft Yi/Horford or whoever but we can not come away from this offseason without a legitimate PG. I am not talking Law or Crit. I am talking a proven player.

THAT IS OUR BIGGEST NEED. Say what you will about Speedy but when he was playing he was our best pg. We need to acquire a pg that will make our team better. If not then we are not going to see much improvement.

This vital point gets lost in all of the hype and media crap that floods the internet. The problem is there are so few pg's available. A savy pg would make all of our young talent better quicker.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If so, he'll draft a PG at #11 and allow that player to mature over the course of 2-3 years.

Which is why I think it's either Conley or Crittenton. The plus about Critt is that he can play some of his minutes at the 2 if Childress is traded.