• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Brandan Wright Ducks Noah in Boston

TexasPete

Busboy, what you just don't understand is that the NBA is a full grown mans league. PF's make their living down in the paint against big, strong, and incredibly athletic players. Wright has to play PF because that is where his skill lies and he is not ready. And that is just not talk on this board because every GM is drafting him for his future and not his present.

This cannot be equated to college in any remote way. That's the reason that 99% of all D1 players don't play in the NBA. There is no comparing the competition between college and the NBA. And the mental is just as tough as the physical. If you don't have a kill or be killed mindset you can get lost in a hurry. Thats why Wright backing out against Noah was a bad sign.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Busboy, what you just don't understand is that the NBA is a full grown mans league. PF's make their living down in the paint against big, strong, and incredibly athletic players. Wright has to play PF because that is where his skill lies and he is not ready. And that is just not talk on this board because every GM is drafting him for his future and not his present.

This cannot be equated to college in any remote way. That's the reason that 99% of all D1 players don't play in the NBA. There is no comparing the competition between college and the NBA. And the mental is just as tough as the physical. If you don't have a kill or be killed mindset you can get lost in a hurry. Thats why Wright backing out against Noah was a bad sign.

Well I personally am intrigued to see how Wright pans out his first couple of years in the NBA. Most seem to think he will be completely ineffective because of how much less he weighs than the average PF but I think he will surprise a lot of people.

Weight isn't everything. At the end of the day it's still basketball. I mean like I said, if weight was everything Aaron Gray would be ranked a lot higher.

But if you have a great wingspan and athleticism like Wright and you know how to use it to your advantage like he does, you can do a lot of positive things that guys bigger and stronger than you may not be able to do.

Yeah,

I don't mind one bit if we take Noah at #3. He would have been consensus top two last year.Some may call it a reach, but I think it is fine when you look at the alternatives.

I would prefer Conley at 3 and Noah at 11 if possible, but this works for me too.

If we make it known that we love Conley, then we select Noah at 3 then other teams may wonder why we passed. Maybe circulate a rumour of past achilles problems to make Conley drop to us at 11.