• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: breaking down three pg's

DrReality

Very possibly, but it didn't happen so I didn't see it. I did see the way Conley ran his club with and without Oden. Without Oden, while injured or just when he wasn't on the floor, Conley (and Cook and Lewis as well) looked even more impressive to me than when Oden was out there. They had an exciting fast paced offense without Oden, and conley still looked awesome.

With Oden on the floor the team looked great, but it was a much different style of play.

I'd like to see what Crit would do with Oden, Cook and Lewis, but I can't. All we get to work from is the way he actually did play.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Critt didn't exactly play with a bunch of yahoos. GT was pretty loaded in the talent department. They have two freshman already in the draft. GT had more depth than just about anybody.

Conley took his young squad to the champ. game. He didn't lose in the first round.

Also, Conley has good mechanics. It's not like Speedy who has an ugly brick release. Conley will be a decent shooter soon.

No one has yet shown me that Conley's FG% changed at all when Oden was not on the floor as opposed to when he was on the floor. And I'm not talking early/late in the season in which shooting improvement could be attributed to him becoming more comfortable, I mean in individual games so we know exactly how much of an effect Oden had on his shooting.

If that stats proves something, I'll agree completely that Conley's numbers need to be discounted for the Oden factor. But I just don't think it's the case. I bet Conley was just as productive or moreso without Oden on the floor.

Also, while conley had incredible talent, the team was extremely young and inexperienced and should have been prone to inconsistent mistake filled basketball. Don't shrug off conley's hand in that just as a function of talent. Talent needs to have direction, and he was the guy that led them on the court.

Quote:

Quote:

people like to point out all of critt's faults, too many turnovers and of course not being athletic enough - says exodus (what a dope)..

Did you not comprehend what Ex was saying? He did not say he wasn't athletic enough, he said he wasn't more athletic than Conley or Law. Big difference there buddy.

not more athletic than conley or law = not athletic enough to be picked over conley or law? do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Quote:

Critt didn't exactly play with a bunch of yahoos. GT was pretty loaded in the talent department. They have two freshman already in the draft. GT had more depth than just about anybody.

Conley took his young squad to the champ. game. He didn't lose in the first round.

Also, Conley has good mechanics. It's not like Speedy who has an ugly brick release. Conley will be a decent shooter soon.

he didn't? i thought he did. he played with a bunch of the biggest underachievers ever to play at tech. thad young who was supposed to be all world looked lost for the better part of the year (see coaching)... once clinch left the jackets lost a reliable scorer, leaving a freshmen pg to assume scoring duties as well as running a team.

ga tech had just about more depth than anyone? just because a bunch of players get PT doesn't equate to depth.

so hold on, if tech had all this talent and depth, then why did they have such a disappointing season? am i supposed to believe it was all critts fault? errr i'd like to think not.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

people like to point out all of critt's faults, too many turnovers and of course not being athletic enough - says exodus (what a dope)..

Did you not comprehend what Ex was saying? He did not say he wasn't athletic enough, he said he wasn't more athletic than Conley or Law. Big difference there buddy.

not more athletic than conley or law = not athletic enough to be picked over conley or law? do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth?

Do you realize that you did not say what you think you said? You have two completely different statements going on in your posts right now. First you call Ex a dope because he said "Crit isn't athletic enough" when he clearly means "Crit is not more athletic than Conley or Law". Now you come back thinking you said that you were expressing how "not more athletic than conley or law = not athletic enough to be picked over conley or law" yet you had nothing of that sort in your original post. Nor was I responding to anything like that.

Look, Critt is not more athletic than Conley or Law enough said. I am not saying anything more than that because I am not discussing ball handling and shooting and blah blah blah, just that Critt is not more athletic. I have said absolutely nothing about draft status, yet for some reason you believe thats what I was talking about. Reading is fundamental bro.

it's a matter of context. this whole thread is about 3 pg's. when i refer to what exodus said about critt not being athletic enough, i think i know what i'm talking about since i'm the one who was arguing with him about that very subject. that comment wasn't even directed at you so i have no idea what point you're trying to get across to me except that maybe you're kind of lonely and you need someone to talk to.

Quote:

yes javaris had a horrible ncca performance but once again i attribute that to his sorry teammates and his coach (woody clone)...

So it's everyones fault but Crit's. LOL that is the type of logic i expect from you.

Quote:

too many turnovers and of course not being athletic enough - says exodus (what a dope

I strongly suggest Hooked on Phonics. Supposedly it is a big help to people like you. Remember....

RIF-Logo-black_large.gif

Quote:

Quote:

yes javaris had a horrible ncca performance but once again i attribute that to his sorry teammates and his coach (woody clone)...

So it's everyones fault but Crit's. LOL that is the type of logic i expect from you.

Quote:

too many turnovers and of course not being athletic enough - says exodus (what a dope

I strongly suggest Hooked on Phonics. Supposedly it is a big help to people like you. Remember....

RIF-Logo-black_large.gif

I SO SORRY. I NO GRAMMAR. I TAKE "hooked on ponics" AND LEARN SO I ARGUE VERSUS YOU.

have nothing better to say so you criticize my grammar? how old are you? grow up, kiddy bits.

insecurity..

are you guys the same person? never have i seen someone adamantly defend another person on a blog quite like hawksfanatic. either he has no life or he's ex's butt buddy. either way just wanted you guys to both know that throwing out childing taunts regarding grammar and spelling are quite lame and pathetic. i thought this was a basketball blog..... next time i'll make sure i do a grammar check.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL good stuff. It is pretty rare for someone to punk himself so badly.

punk himself? are we still in 3rd grade?

You are apparently.

Since you obviously don't get it i will try to explain my position on Crit/Law one more time.

Before the combine it was a tossup between the two as far as i was concerned. Before the combine i knew that Crit had struggled during the season and was not nearly as polished handling the point as Law.

However i assumed that Crit would have a big advantage over Law in terms of size and athleticism, giving him a much higher upside over time.

After the combine i realized that gap was not really there. Crit is only an inch bigger than Law and slower. Crit had a better vert and bench but since speed is so important in basketball Crits upside didn't look nearly as high as it did before the combine. Therefore Law is the clear favorite to me.

Frankly i am not sure why i am explaining this again since you obviously don't have the intellect to understand it.

Javaris is the real deal. He is without a doubt the best PG in this draft.

You made me spit up my drink. You got to worn us before you type something so funny.

Critt will be Antonio Daniels one day. Law will be Cassel, and Conley will be Parker.

Quote:

Quote:

so hold on, if tech had all this talent and depth, then why did they have such a disappointing season? am i supposed to believe it was all critts fault? errr i'd like to think not.

I'd like to think not, but he was clearly part of the equation, was he not?

Critt made the worst passes and decisions of any PG I watched play this year. The thing with Critt is that he is consistently stupid with the ball. He is a turn over machine. I bet GT ledthe league in turnovers. That would be directly Critt's fault !

This Critt = Arenas talk is absurd.