• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou: breaking down three pg's

DrReality

I personally don't think he was the sole reason why they underachieved, but his inconsistency and lack of direction on the floor was a clear part of the problem.

His job is to get that talent around him opportunities to shine. That rarely happened. Maybe they were overrated talents, maybe Hewitt's completely forgotten how to coach a winner, but part of it was the fact that Crit wasn't ready to run his own team.

Doesn't mean he won;t ever be ready, but his inexperience was a major issue for him.

Conley's inexperience didn't seem to affect his play negatively. he looked like he belonged from day 1. I've never seen a freshman PG look that comfortable running a championship level team.

Both have the same number of college seasons under their belts, but one looks to be much more polished and ready for a PG role than the other.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Conley is the better athlete which is a nice predictor of upside. I also believe Conley is miles ahead of Critt in just pure maturation in running the show.

However, I doubt that Conley ever wears a Hawk uniform because because BK prefers a no-slam dunk to excel forward over a no-slam dunk to excel PG.

If Conley is the choice I think he will be starting by January and we will finally see how badly we needed to true PG.

• Premium Member

I think if we get Gasole that Acie Law or Critt would be the better fit. A good post player's friend is solid outside shooting from your guards. The Hawks ranked close the the bottom of the league in 3 point percentage last year, and Conley would probably not help out on that department.

However, if we don't get Gasole, or any kind of post help, than Conley would be by far the better fit. With no post game to base our offense around, the point guard will need to be the initiator, and Conley is probably the most fit to do this.

I really haven't seen these guys play much at all, but from reading about their strengths, this is the way I see it.