Good thing about that #11 pick

sturt

• Premium Member

Almost every mock draft I look at has someone falling to it that, conventionally speaking, shouldn't have fallen there.

It seems likely there's going to be some value there... for us, or for whoever we trade it to.

I know the most obvious thing for us is to get the best PG at #11. But, if we can somehow take care of PG through a trade (Childress for Calderon or Jack), then we are in position to take a player who has slipped and get huge value. Without Childress, we would be pleased to pick up a 2/3, or possibly a PF/C type. Someone like Brewer, Green, Noah, Hawes, etc will be there, you can count on it.

The #11 is a real plus in a deep draft like this...we could easily get a player that will contribute for a decade or so (those aren't easy to come by usually).

Off topic a bit...has anybody noticed that the majority of the mocks have us taking Brandan Wright? Even the mocks on other team's boards on realgm have us doing that. I'm confident that we won't take Wright so this may be throwing off all the projections of the teams after us. Maybe BK is doing a good job of disguising his intentions for a change this year!