• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The perfect NBA equivalent for Horford.

Diesel

• Premium Member

G, What I consider is that Horford didn't play against good competition.

Let's be honest here, the only teams Florida played that are worthy of talk are:

1. OSU.

2. Kentucky

3. Kansas.

4. UCLA

Florida will probably go down as the 2nd weakest NCAA championship team ever (after UCLA Obannon years).

Being the MVP of the team last season meant that against OSU, Horford was the only player who could get his thumb out of his butt and muster up some offense. BUT, that's one game. We should have learned from Chris Crawford that you don't reward players for 1 games work..

That's why I look over the whole season. When you look it over, there's not much to say about his defense because he didn't stop anybody. There's not much to say about his offense because when they wasn't playing North Florida and Florida A&M and Stetson, Horford was a single digit player.

You all can believe the hype if you like. I see the truth and it says this guy is the second coming of Dale Davis at best.

I think in a lot of cases scoring numbers go up for guys who become NBA starters. You play more minutes and the games on average are much much higher scoring in nature.

But so much depends on what college team you were on, who else was on the team at the time, who your coach was, and how polished vs. raw you were as a college player. Horford looks pretty polished and certainly received a very fair share of scoring chances but he was also on a very strong team oriented squad. Had he played for a lesser program 20ppg would have been no problem.

Personally I don't think a PF needs to score 20 PPG to be considered a good offensive PF. There aren't that many PFs scoring 20 or more every night out. 15 is a pretty good number these days for a really solid offensive forward.

Just for fun, here are some high scoring NBA "PFs" (according to ESPN) and their college numbers:

Randolph - 23.6 - '07

FR - 10.8

Bosh - 22.6 - '07

FR - 15.6

Boozer - 20.9 - '07

FR - 13.0

Brand - 20.5 - '07

FR - 13.4

SO - 17.7

Duncan - 20.0 - '07

FR - 9.8

SO - 16.8

JR - 19.1

SR - 20.8

Jamison - 19.8 - '07

FR - 15.1

SO - 19.1

JR - 22.2

G. Wallace - 18.1 - '07

FR - 9.8

Marion - 17.5 - '07

FR - 18.7

Quote:

Florida will probably go down as the 2nd weakest NCAA championship team ever (after UCLA Obannon years).

They returned five starters from a championship team the year before, and now they have three players projected to go top 10 in one of the deepest drafts in years.

Quote:

Quote:

[/indent]

That is the most foolish thing I have ever read !

They are one of the greatest college teams ever !

Are you like 12 or something ?

I know it is hard for Dawg fans to say anything good about UF but come on, kepp it real.

I got to remember your user name for a stupid comment like that ~

Edit:

Now it all makes sense,

Oh. it came from Diesel.... no wonder.

Quote:

I watched most of Horfords games last year. He dominated against smaller inferior talent. He will be abused by the NBA. At least Yi has already played against the NBA and did well.

Yi at 3 and Crit at 11

Guess you didn't see how USA post players shot 80% vs. Yi in the head on head match up.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Randolph - 23.6 - '07

FR - 10.8

Bosh - 22.6 - '07

FR - 15.6

Boozer - 20.9 - '07

FR - 13.0

SO - 13.3

JU - 18.2

Brand - 20.5 - '07

FR - 13.4

SO - 17.7

Duncan - 20.0 - '07

FR - 9.8

SO - 16.8

JR - 19.1

SR - 20.8

Jamison - 19.8 - '07

FR - 15.1

SO - 19.1

JR - 22.2

G. Wallace - 18.1 - '07

FR - 9.8

Marion - 17.5 - '07

FR - 18.7

I think when you consider these guys You really have to consider that a 13 ppg average in college as a Junior doesn't say a whole lot about his abilities to be a high scoring pro. Again, more important than the numbers is going through and checking out what he did versus good competition. He's a single digit scorer against good competition. Drafting him is an accident waiting to happen.

• Premium Member

It's good. 80%... Nobody argues against that. However, that was team USA. A compilation of the best IN THE NBA... Against whom Yi scored 15 pts and gathered 9 rebs. Now if that's against a compilation of the best that the US has and it was last summer, what do you think happens with a little more experience?

Coach, the thing you fail to grasp is that nobody is calling Yi and defensive standout. Yi is an offensive standout. He is a talent that we don't have on this team. Put Marvin Williams against team USA, you know what happens.. He scores maybe 4 pts, 2 rebs, and he fouls out in the first half. Put Horford up against team USA, you know what happens.. He scores maybe 2 pts..(maybe) and he gets about 4 rebs, and he fouls out in the first half. Maybe you need to stay away from what Yi did against team USA... Because if that's YOUR Best evidence... a guy scoring 14, 9 against team USA, then you need to quit.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Diesel, stupid post like this are exactly what make you a joke.

There is no part of Robert Traylor that resembles Al Horford.

Ummm... you may want to re-read his post...

Ummmmm. Why ? What is your point.

If you think a team that wins the NIT is anything like a two two time defending NCAA squad you need to be in the nut house with Diesel.

Well even folks in a nuthouse know the difference between tractor traylor and maurice taylor.

pillepalle.gif

Quote:

It's good. 80%... Nobody argues against that. However, that was team USA. A compilation of the best IN THE NBA... Against whom Yi scored 15 pts and gathered 9 rebs. Now if that's against a compilation of the best that the US has and it was last summer, what do you think happens with a little more experience?

Coach, the thing you fail to grasp is that nobody is calling Yi and defensive standout. Yi is an offensive standout. He is a talent that we don't have on this team. Put Marvin Williams against team USA, you know what happens.. He scores maybe 4 pts, 2 rebs, and he fouls out in the first half. Put Horford up against team USA, you know what happens.. He scores maybe 2 pts..(maybe) and he gets about 4 rebs, and he fouls out in the first half. Maybe you need to stay away from what Yi did against team USA... Because if that's YOUR Best evidence... a guy scoring 14, 9 against team USA, then you need to quit.

Diesel, just curious. How much do you think Shelden will score against team USA?