• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Problem about Howard rumor...

TheRealDray

I have read and heard on NBA radio that he has agreed to a max contract extension-hasnt signed it yet, but all terms have been agreed to by the Magic and his side.

Which got me to thinking, if he and Smoove talk all the time and want to play together in the NBA, as well Smoove has his contract coming due soon, is there a chance they could be planning to play together in Orlando? I know they are ATL guys, but it would seem to be easier to get Smoove down there than vice versa. I sure hope not, but given that his max deal should be signed soon, it just had me a little concerned about that situation.

GO HAWKS!!!

Quote:

but it would seem to be easier to get Smoove down there than vice versa.

I agree that is the more likely scenario, especially since every year BK uses a top 5 pick to compete with Josh for minutes.

Both scenarios are highly unlikely though.

• Premium Member

I can see Dwight wanting to come back to Atlanta and playing with his best friend in Smoove. I also can see Smoove not wanting to be on a roster with so many forwards and ownership problems and taking possibly less money to start in Orlando with *his* best friend as well.

So...

if this is the case wouldn't Critt be the OBVIOUS pick at #11?

Critt and Howard and Smoove all know each other extremely well...

It would be a BEST CASE SCENARIO for us which means it won't happen.

but think of the possibilities marketing wise....

• Premium Member

I honestly do not know how seriously Dwight's interest in playing back home is though. If we drafted Critt just on the hopes of assembling an AAU Celtics team then we better be 100% sure he's going to come to Atlanta. I don't mind us drafting Critt for any reason but you get the point.

Why would he sign a 5-yr max deal now anyway?

Isn't that what LeBron and D-Wade avoided doing because of the New Collective Bargaining Agreement in '09?

Higher salary cap means more money to be had by those who are patient...

Don't sign Dwight!!!

Come Home!!!

Quote:

I don't think Howard can sign it until July, which leaves a draft day trade still a possibility, albeit a remote one.

Yes, they did say that it would be sometime in July, but that the terms were agreed upon. Problem is, if the terms are agreed to then that takes ALL of the reason away to trade someone as good as Dwight Howard.

Our only hope was that he would basically let them know that he did not intend on re-signing w/ them, and he was going to Atlanta, so better get something from them for him now. Oh well, maybe when he is 30ish we can get him. woohoo.gifrolleyes.gif