• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

Thank you Sothron for the information. I will ask you no questions because I don't feel you can really tell much more. Good to weed out the trash scenarios that we don't need to get all worked up about if they don't have much chance to work.

Strange though, that we would trade AFTER the draft as I thought that would cause more of an issue salary cap wise for us.

Please god, we don't need Randolph here. I like him but we should focus on areas of need. I like the Calderon idea, Gasol idea, and LOVE the thought of Amare (if we didnt give up too much and his knee checks out)...

Imagine this:

Calderon/AJ/Speedy

JJ/Salim

Marvin/Smoove/vet free agent

Smoove/Shelden/Solomon

Amare/Shelden/Solomon

OH I'M GIDDY AS A LITTLE SCHOOLGIRL!....i need draft night now.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

One question Sothron... with you knowing the likely scenarios... how excited are you about the possible team after this week?

How good do you think these next few days can be for this franchise?

Unless BK does something just totally bizarre I will be the happiest I've been about this team since Knight was hired. Not hyperbole, just honest truth. We should be a much better balanced team on both sides of the court next season with any of the likely scenarios I was told.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have been told three trade scenarios that are likely and how both picks will go if our draft board matches the actual draft.

Here's some questions you MAY be able to answer w/o divulging too much...

1) Of those three scenarios, how many contain more than one trading partner with us?

2) Of those three, how many are comprehensive--ie, there are no separate deals, eg, the #3 going one way and the #11 going another.

3) Of the three, how many involve getting only veterans?

4) Of the three, does one clearly stand out as being more advantageous than the other two, or are they all in the neighborhood of each other by your estimation?

Thanks for sharing... assuming you feel that you can...

munching_out.gif

The good thing is, Amare makes less than Joe this coming season (around 14 mill), so #3, Chillz, expiring contracts should get it done. I think it works out that Minnesota gets our assets, and they explicitly said they want expiring contracts, so this could get REALLY interesting.

We trade #3, Chillz, Lue, AJ, Lo

We get Amare

Then we have to patch up

I WISH I WISH

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I have been told three trade scenarios that are likely and how both picks will go if our draft board matches the actual draft.

Here's some questions you MAY be able to answer w/o divulging too much...

1) Of those three scenarios, how many contain more than one trading partner with us?

2) Of those three, how many are comprehensive--ie, there are no separate deals, eg, the #3 going one way and the #11 going another.

3) Of the three, how many involve getting only veterans?

4) Of the three, does one clearly stand out as being more advantageous than the other two, or are they all in the neighborhood of each other by your estimation?

Thanks for sharing... assuming you feel that you can...

munching_out.gif

I hate to say this but those questions are just too specific. Out of the three scenarios one absolutely requires more than two teams and it would involve a NBA superstar being moved. That's honestly all I feel comfortable saying about that part.

I think we all know the package deal that requires one trade happening to enable the second trade and its one of the other likely scenarios. I actually consider that one of the options not two options for those keeping score.

Absolutely will not comment on the last one. I can't see anyone being disappointed by it if it went down but as I write that and pause writing...it could really piss a few people here off. But I doubt it.

And that's all this little birdie can sing on those questions.

shhh.gif

I was about to make a "Calling all Sothrons" post because I'm dying to know what's going on. Just seeing the Hawks linked with KG or Amare is pretty exciting - I'd love to land Amare and then trade for Jack...that would basically be my dream scenario right there.

I'm sure there's almost no chance of this, but I'd just like to imagine it for a second.....

G: Jarrett Jack

G: Joe Johnson

F; Marvin Williams

F: Josh Smith

C: Amare Stoudamire

Very nice......

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wow, so only one deal involves a superstar? I think that's what you said. Not sure, lol.

Your definition of superstar and mine might vary. Just to throw a name out there free of any speculation I would not consider Elton Brand a superstar just a star player.

Quote:

Quote:

Wow, so only one deal involves a superstar? I think that's what you said. Not sure, lol.

Your definition of superstar and mine might vary. Just to throw a name out there free of any speculation I would not consider Elton Brand a superstar just a star player.

oh good

Did anyone just see Bucher on ESPN? He said the Minnesota deal with Los Angeles was dead (obviously, we all know that).

He went on to say that they even attempted to get Atlanta involved, taking their #3 and #11 picks while Atlanta would get Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum.

Eww to that trade...Billy isn't THAT stupid, I hope.

Bucher went on to say that a trade with KG going to the Suns is a possibility..

AMARE...AMARE...AMARE...AMARE!!!

bannana_guitar.gifbannana_guitar.gifbiggrin.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

I hate to say this but those questions are just too specific. Out of the three scenarios one absolutely requires more than two teams and it would involve a NBA superstar being moved. That's honestly all I feel comfortable saying about that part.

I think we all know the package deal that requires one trade happening to enable the second trade and its one of the other likely scenarios. I actually consider that one of the options not two options for those keeping score.

Absolutely will not comment on the last one. I can't see anyone being disappointed by it if it went down but as I write that and pause writing...it could really piss a few people here off. But I doubt it.

And that's all this little birdie can sing on those questions.

shhh.gif

Thanks for the morsels you've been able to feed us.

Now, say someone breaks a story at ESPN.com or other over the next 24 hours that illuminates one of the scenarios... would you feel that you could confirm whether or not a particular scenario IS one of those you've been advised of... or, conversely, whether or not a particular scenario is NOT one of those you've been advised of... ?

Soth thank you for the info.

I just had three quickies.

1. When teams make deals after they draft someone, do they get some sort of guarantee (Hawks) that the team they are trading with will follow through with the deal or are we not going to have to worry about that because we wouldnt mind keeping the player? I just dont want to see the Hawks left with someone they didnt want (if a deal fell through).

2. Do any of the most likely scenarios involve trading down in the draft or is it mainly for getting vet talent?

3. The closer we get to the draft, do the deals get even sweeter then what they may be right now? Ie. Have teams made their final offers to us and we are thinking about them? Or is Knight gonna wait till the last offer and then make a move?

Thats all I got. Gasol here is exciting. Amare here is REAL exciting (Supposed Amare would cost us both picks and salaries).

Thanks Again

• Premium Member

Quote:

Did anyone just see Bucher on ESPN? He said the Minnesota deal with Los Angeles was dead (obviously, we all know that).

He went on to say that they even attempted to get Atlanta involved, taking their #3 and #11 picks while Atlanta would get Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum.

Eww to that trade...Billy isn't THAT stupid, I hope...

I think you'll find, in the archives here, both Walter and myself endorsed something along those lines practically the day after the lottery.

Sorry... we just like Bynum... a LOT.

Quote:

Quote:

One question Sothron... with you knowing the likely scenarios... how excited are you about the possible team after this week?

How good do you think these next few days can be for this franchise?

Unless BK does something just totally bizarre I will be the happiest I've been about this team since Knight was hired. Not hyperbole, just honest truth. We should be a much better balanced team on both sides of the court next season with any of the likely scenarios I was told.

This quote alone from a respected poster on this site really makes me feel a whole lot better entering this draft. This draft could change this franchise forever. Please let something great happen to this franchise. We have been in mediocrity for far too long!

I have a question. Levenson looks at this board at times just to get a feel for what the diehards are saying.

If I'm your source I'd be a little concerned about Levenson knowing that somebody in his organization is spilling secrets to a fan. Even though this post didn't say anything at all in regard to inside info, just the thought of a leak would be troubling if I were an owner and saw that there was a leak. I would immediately begin trying to figure out where the loose lips were because even if this board doesn't get the info, a friend of someone has been given a lot of info.

Question...is your friend worried about being caught as the source of a leak?