• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest information

Sothron

Thanks Sothron, I'm glad you finally made it over to Hawksquawk after many years at the other mb's.

Like others, I do have a question... can you tell us if there are certain Hawks players that are absolutely not in any trade discussions. I would assume we are open to dealing just about anyone on the roster with the exception of two players. (JJ, JS) Is that a correct assumption or would I be incorrect in thinking that? I understand if you cannot answer that one, but I was hoping you might.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Quote:

I just worry about any trade with Phoenix. They took Billy to the woodshed last time and we've been arguing about it for two years.

That trade is not a woodshed trade with the way it has shaken out. Look at the current state of the trade:

JJ = All-Star and cornerstone player for the Hawks for the foreseeable future

Diaw = Great first season but now underperforming and overpaid. Diaw is only really valuable on a team like Phoenix where they will put him in mismatch situations at PG/C. That means they can't give him away now because most teams can't utilize him the way he needs to be used to succeed and he is overpaid even in that role.

Pick 1 = Traded from Phoenix to Boston. Could have been used on Rondo but Phoenix was stupid and passed on him for Marcus Banks. This pick has been of no value to Phoenix yet but will be of some use down the line.

Pick 2 = Not realized from Atlanta yet. If Atlanta improves next season it will likely be around the 12-18th pick in the draft.

Young All-Star v. Overpaid/underperforming F; unrealized picks.

Not exactly a woodshed moment by my calculations. I think people overrate this trade because of the initial impact of Diaw and overlook his actual current value.

I dont count Elton Brand as a superstar either. He is a basketball star, and an all star. How many commercials have you seen with Elton Brand in it? Superstar= Kobe,KG,D-Wade. Star= Brand,Bosh,Dwight Howard. I value Dwight over KG but that doesnt mean that Dwight is a superstar

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I just worry about any trade with Phoenix. They took Billy to the woodshed last time and we've been arguing about it for two years.

That trade is not a woodshed trade with the way it has shaken out. Look at the current state of the trade:

JJ = All-Star and cornerstone player for the Hawks for the foreseeable future

Diaw = Great first season but now underperforming and overpaid. Diaw is only really valuable on a team like Phoenix where they will put him in mismatch situations at PG/C. That means they can't give him away now because most teams can't utilize him the way he needs to be used to succeed and he is overpaid even in that role.

Pick 1 = Traded from Phoenix to Boston. Could have been used on Rondo but Phoenix was stupid and passed on him for Marcus Banks. This pick has been of no value to Phoenix yet but will be of some use down the line.

Pick 2 = Not realized from Atlanta yet. If Atlanta improves next season it will likely be around the 12-18th pick in the draft.

Young All-Star v. Overpaid/underperforming F; unrealized picks.

Not exactly a woodshed moment by my calculations. I think people overrate this trade because of the initial impact of Diaw and overlook his actual current value.

iagree.gif

ATLANTA trades:

Smoove

Chillz

Lue

AJ

Wright

Salim

ATLANTA receives:

Amare Stoudemire

Barbosa

2008 #1 back from PHO

PHOENIX trades:

Amare Stoudemire

Barbosa

Thomas

Piatkowski

2008 #1 via ATL

PHOENIX receives:

Garnett

Salim Stoudamire

MINNESOTA trades:

Garnett

MINNESOTA receives:

J Smoove

J Chillz

T Lue (ending contract)

Lorenzen Wright (ending contract)

Anthony Johnson (ending contract)

Kurt Thomas (ending contract)

Eric Piatkowski (ending contract)

The deal above works on Real GM's Trade Checker.

The proposals I have heard discussed would include us KEEPING Smoove AND CHILLZ and not getting Barbosa or our 2008 pick back. If BK could get Amare AND keep JJ, Smoove, Marvin, Chillz, Shelden and Zaza, I would take back every bad thing I ever said about him and become a BK supporter for life! We would be getting a 24 year-old 1st Team All NBA Center/PF to be our franchise player and team him with JJ to form one of the better 1-2 punches in the league while keeping our core intact.

Amare/Zaza/Solo

Smoove/Shelden

Marvin/Chillz

JJ/Salim

Speedy/AJ

I'd like a better PG but if we took the floor with that group next fall, I wouldn't be mad at all.