• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Win...another night of "non-posts"

Wins at this point do more harm than good.

We learned last season how finishing out the season strong has absolutely no effect on the following season.

The Hawks needed to keep their pick and a crack at Lebron James more than they needed a bunch of meaningless wins.

Of course some fool might think tonight's win will be some kind of catalyst towards a miracle run at the playoffs.

Great game? They look confidant? Maybe there is hope for a playoff season? It has all been said before and what do they do? They laugh at us and say SYKE I fooled you. We still suck. Made you look though. I mean what the [censored] is a 3 game winning streak followed immediately by a 3 game losing streak. That is really a joke. It toys with my emotions. You know the sad part. I am going to the wizards’ game to support them because I am still a fan. Are there any shrinks here cause I think I am crazy.

• Premium Member

Is there any way we can get some TV coverage of the NDL tournament of Champions... That Hendu/Grob Championship game might be as Hot as Indy/Perdue back in the day.

I wonder if they slam dominoes on Airball1?

• Admin

We have a roster capable of beating any team in the league. The problem is that we lack the leadership to do it consistantly. I point fingers at JT. It's JT's responsibility to keep the offense rolling along and he simply fails to do it consistantly.

He will come out with a system that is working. He's moving the ball, everyone is getting shots in their comfort zone, etc. But when teams adjust their defense. JT usually fails to adjust with them. He keeps trying the same system over and over again, leading to bad shots and turnovers. At that point he usually looks lost out there, freelancing for shots.

It starts and ends with the PG. If you replaced JT with a consistant PG who knows enough about the position to adjust his gameplan when defenses adjust to him, we would be in the playoffs right now.

Hawks are short of assistant coaches. Teaching and

making adjustments are part of the responsibility of these

non existent assistant coaches.

Hawks also are very weak in the scounting department.

I feel that the orginization is being too tight fisted with

this part of the Hawks. "Penny wise and Dollar foolish."

"If the blind lead the blind, both will fall in the ditch."

Get some help here and see if we need to make trades or

if we simply need teachers {Asst. coaches } and scouts.

Chilz we lose most nights because we are a [censored] team that won't play defense. The offense is always there, but the defense is shaky at best. To blame losing on JT is wrong. JT can't make grown man get off their lazy a$$ and play defense, nor should he have to. He also can't make them play with intensity. The key to every Hawk victory this year IMO has been defense and intensity. When they have both they almost always win.

• Admin

The offense isn't always there. We go into stretches where we don't score for 3-4 minutes. And it's certainly not because we don't have talented scorers on this team! It's because we are too easily taken out of our offense. We'll come out with a rhythm and teams will adjust to us. Then we have a hard time scoring.

I agree that defense is a problem. But this team is not built to be a defensive team. We are built to score! We have 3 20ppg scorers. We've got good shooters from all over teh floor and a strong inside presence. What we are missing is someone who can CONSISTANTLY bring all that together.

I don't blame all the problems of this team on JT. But I consider him to be the biggest of them. Not that he's a bad player either. He just isn't capable of consistantly doing what this team needs. We've all seen flashes of it. But he can't do it consistantly.

By posting this, I'm not saying that JT has been what everyone wanted this year...but do you really think he's the biggest of the "problems"?

IMO, GRob, being a premier scorer without a premier scorer's abilities (not to mention his TO's...) is the biggest problem. Neither JT nor SAR are "the answer," number one options in this league, night in and night out...but GRob is, IMO, less than either of the two of them as a first option. I'm not blaming him, his game is what it is, his strengths what they are (and shouldn't be overlooked), but he's not a first option on a true contending team.

It is for that reason that, with his contract and abilities, that I most want him traded over anyone else...