• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Latest Information!--#3 pick is going to

MikeWilksBooth

Ok so I know the names of most of the owners, but which are the one's that are only in this for the money???

If the Hawks draft Yi, I can no longer support them in going to games or buying gear. I might not even buy the NBA Package when i'm at college. This is some grade A bull. I don't want Yi for many reasons, including the risk of more traffic accidents around Philips Arena.

Quote:

You should edit the last remark about traffic as its nothing but a racist statement. I agree with you that I hope our team isn't out for nothing but $$$.

How's it a racist statement? Having more fans attending the game will increase traffic and therefore more accidents. I don't see where you're coming from.

So you think the owners spent $300M on these properties for the purpose to please fans or to make money? It is a business . These guys are trying to turn a profit and not simply donate franchises for the entertainment of the city.

These guys ain't Bernie Marcus!

Hopefully they will be smart owners and use the money that they earn and put it back into the Hawks. Still, I would think that more money would be earned through Amare Stoudamire (barring injury) than Yi. If the Hawks are successful, they make more money. It is that simple. Unfortunately, they can still make some money without the Hawks doing well (like getting Yi).

Quote:

Hopefully they will be smart owners and use the money that they earn and put it back into the Hawks. Still, I would think that more money would be earned through Amare Stoudamire (barring injury) than Yi. If the Hawks are successful, they make more money. It is that simple. Unfortunately, they can still make some money without the Hawks doing well (like getting Yi).

I agree 100%

Quote:

Yea ok buddy, i'm sure you're a mindless fool who will support any pick The Hawks make.

Actually, I think that's the definition of a true fan isn't it? Yeah, we might disagree with picks made in the draft or decisions or lack of decisions made by higher ups, but at the end of the day, it's still our team. Sometimes, decisions that upset the fans the most are the best decisions made long-term for franchises. Look at when the Braves traded Dale Murphy. He was the only real commodity for a horrible franchise and they immediately became one of the greatest dynasties in sports history after that trade. That trade created a spot for David Justice who ultimately hit the HR in Game 7 of the 95 World Series that propelled the Braves to the World Series title. I watched the Hawks during the days of Mookie, Smitty, Deke, and cast and loved them. I grew disinterested with the team when they started losing but started watching them religiously again at the beginning of that dreadful 13 win season. I won't turn my back on them again because I disagree with their decisions. It is a business, and I can only root for my team as hard as I can and realize, hey, it could be worse.....I could be a Knicks fan.

Quote:

How's it a racist statement? Having more fans attending the game will increase traffic and therefore more accidents. I don't see where you're coming from.

You don't want the Hawks to have more fans? Winning games will bring more fans, are you against winning games too?

Quote:

Quote:

Yea ok buddy, i'm sure you're a mindless fool who will support any pick The Hawks make.

Actually, I think that's the definition of a true fan isn't it? Yeah, we might disagree with picks made in the draft or decisions or lack of decisions made by higher ups, but at the end of the day, it's still our team. Sometimes, decisions that upset the fans the most are the best decisions made long-term for franchises. Look at when the Braves traded Dale Murphy. He was the only real commodity for a horrible franchise and they immediately became one of the greatest dynasties in sports history after that trade. That trade created a spot for David Justice who ultimately hit the HR in Game 7 of the 95 World Series that propelled the Braves to the World Series title. I watched the Hawks during the days of Mookie, Smitty, Deke, and cast and loved them. I grew disinterested with the team when they started losing but started watching them religiously again at the beginning of that dreadful 13 win season. I won't turn my back on them again because I disagree with their decisions. It is a business, and I can only root for my team as hard as I can and realize, hey, it could be worse.....I could be a Knicks fan.

I agree with you too, but it really pisses me off when people do sh!t for the wrong reasons. If Knight just f'd up on his own and took Yi because he's an idiot, that's one thing. I still would be a Hawks fan as I wouldn't feel the same excitement rooting for any other team,,,but it's jsut frustrating when there's nothing to do to have your voice heard....even collectively.

Quote:

Quote:

You don't want the Hawks to have more fans? Winning games will bring more fans, are you against winning games too?

I'd love to have more Hawks fans, not Yi fans/Hawks and Rockets fans

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'd love to have more Hawks fans, not Yi fans/Hawks and Rockets fans

Why not? If we drafted Horford or Noah would you shun Gator fans? You know, these Yi fans may well become true Hawks fans. Who cares how they got here? The more, the merrier...

Honestly, the owners may realize they might not own the team soon anyways. They probably want to recoup as much of their investment as they can before they are forced to sell or either make some money quick so they can buy Belkin out. They realize Yi is highly marketable, but let's face it, the guy has some skill. Whether you argue or not on the degree of that, he's got skill and will be an NBA player to some degree. Some say he'll be the next Dirk, some say the next Pau, while some say he'll be far less. Either way, look at some of the other choices as well. Alot of people want us to take Conley at 3 while almost every scout says that's a reach and Conley has no jump shot. He's a true PG, but in the NBA, you've got to be able to shoot some or defenses will close down your passing lanes. Horford is a safe pick, but there's alot of debate on his ceiling as well. There are questions with each pick and honestly no one worthy of the #3 pick would probably start immediately for us regardless of who we choose. If he's healthy, Speedy will start the season at PG (I know, I know), JJ will be our SG, Marvin will be our SF, JSmoove will be our PF, and if they are going to start anyone that is 6'9" at C, it would probably be Shelden at least to start the season. I don't necessarily think it's the worst thing in the world to reach out and take a chance on Yi since he will at least be a highly marketable tool for this team if nothing else. I want this team to win above all, but I'd also love nothing more than Yi to become a star and shut all the neysayers up. I'm not referring to posters here either. I'm talking about the national media. I want this franchise to turn around and maybe taking Horford would be too safe to do that. I don't know. I'm not boycotting this team or not watching games regardless of what they do......unless they take Brandan Wright at 3. lol.

I don't want us to draft Horford or Noah because I'm a Seminole fan and Gators are spawns of Satan. lol. I'm just kidding. I am a Nole Fan but I'd welcome either of those guys with this team. They are winners and they'll give you everything they got.