• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

So if Horford is the guy at 3 ... what next?

Admin

If the reports are true, I am VERY happy that we are selecting Horford. I have become too worried about Yi becoming a bust and have been sold on Horford the past couple of weeks. Conley is the only other guy I would really considering with our pick.

What do we do next?

1). Stay put and take whichever PG is still there at 11?

2). Stay put and if Conley isn't on the board take the BPA since the team seems to feel there is a large drop off after Conley?

3). Move up from 11 to wherever it takes to get Conley?

4). Trade down a little from 11 to acquire a future pick and take the BPA at our new position?

5). Trade the 11 for a veteran PG like Calderon, Ridnour, or Jack?

6). Stay at 11 and take the BPA simply because we are confident that Speedy/Lue/AJ can get it done well enough to warrant filling another hole?

7). Stay at 11 and go big again?

8). Default on our pick because we can't even do that right?

I wouldn't move up for Conley. If he fell to 11, I'd take him, but I wouldn't move up for him.

Acie Law is a great selection for the Hawks with the 11th pick though. He's a good shooter, good passer, great penetrator, good defender, and is clutch city in crunch time. He doesn't have Chauncy Billups's body, but he has a Chauncy Billups style of game.

Hawks fans please wake up !!!! We already have Sheldin Williams, ok so he doesnt have the upside that Horton has but he is and will be a solid player in the league. He average a double double when he was healthy the last few games....Please please Please trade Hofford for a starting low post player. Hofford is a solid player but and he is "ready to play now" but hell so was and is Sheldin Williams. How quickly we forget the "Landlord ready to play now spin that the analyst throughout last year around this time. COME ON HAWKS FANS. banghead.gif

and I am THRILLED with taking Horford. Partly because I have major concerns about Conley at #3 due to his shooting and his age being issues for the first couple of years in the league. But also because Between SW, JS, and Horford we will have an amazing frontline. Smoove can play some time at the 3 and we will have 3 guys out there at the same time that can defend and block shots and rebound and cover each others weaknesses.