• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Can You Think Of Any EC Team We Are Better Than?

Johnnybravo4

Guest Walter

Quote:

I can't think of any. Surely we are now last in the SE Div. We got 14 players under K, 9 of which play 2 positions. And we still don't have a center and only one player (Zaza) with the height of a center. We effin suck!

This season could go REAL bad for us. Despite two lottery picks. People won't want to believe it but we simply don't look much better on paper and our future doesn't look much brighter.

It's a league of mismatches and superstars and we drafted for neither.

W

Quote:

Horford is 6'8 wo shoes.

Actually 6'8.75", if you are going to use his height WITHOUT shoes, then estimate to the right one.

Quote:

Zaza is not that short...he is a true 6'11.

Really? Where are his measurements? And I assume you are using Zaza's height WITH shoes. It's funny how people skew arguments to their advantage.

Johnny...

These weren't bad picks. They just weren't as 'sexy' as Amare Stoudemire. I just wish we hadn't even heard anything about that deal. Now what we must do is move some of our current guys for veterans to play behind Law, JJ, Marvin, Smith and Horford. I think Zaza, Lue, Salim, expirings of Lo/AJ, and Chill/Shelden (if absolutely necessary) carry value around the league.

As far as us being the worth EC team...? Uh no. If we get improvement from Marvin and Shelden that I'm expecting and we are healthy, you will see a team on a mission. Horford and Law, at the very least, brought us guys with a borderline cocky attitude that know how to win. That is something we were lacking.

Quote:

Quote:

Horford is 6'8 wo shoes.

Actually 6'8.75", if you are going to use his height WITHOUT shoes, then estimate to the right one.

Quote:

Really? Where are his measurements? And I assume you are using Zaza's height WITH shoes. It's funny how people skew arguments to their advantage.

Agreed. If you want people (who are not clueless anyways) to buy in to what you're saying, then at least be fair.

Horford = 6'10

Zaza= 6'11

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Horford is 6'8 wo shoes.

Quote:

Agreed. If you want people (who are not clueless anyways) to buy in to what you're saying, then at least be fair.

Horford = 6'10

Zaza= 6'11

Yi=7'0

EC teams we might be better than this year:

Washington

Milwaukee

Philadelphia

Indiana

Boston

New York

Charlotte

There could be more teams depending on who gets injured and how our young guys develop. We will be better than last year if we can simply stay injury free, not including how our picks contribute or how our young guys develop.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Horford is 6'8 wo shoes.

Quote:

Horford = 6'10

Zaza= 6'11

Yi=7'0

And Yi is not a center and Yi would not automatically make us better than these other EC teams. Are you telling me that you would bench Smith to start Yi at 4? Or would you play one of them out of their position and bench Marvin?

I LOVE Dwight Howard but I'd take our roster over Orlando. Why? Take Dwight off of Orlando, take JJ/Josh Smith/Marvin Williams off of ours...who's roster would you take?

Nelson / Arroyo

Reddick / Bogans

Hedo

Battie

Milicic

or

Law / (others)

Childress / Salim

?????

Shelden / Jones

Horford / Zaza

I'd take ours. Would you trade Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Marvin Williams for Dwight Howard? I can't say that I would although I think Dwight could end up being one of the top 5 players in the league in a year or two if he isn't already.

Law / JJ / Marvin / Smith / Horford has the talent to get things done. The question, IMO, is how we go about backing those players up. We need some winners with attitude coming off the bench.

----------------------------------------------------------

I personally don't see Charlotte being much better than us. I think Horford and Okafor (Okafor maybe a little better but also more injury history) are pretty close in talent. Okafor more defensively, Horford more offensively. IIRC, Okafor measured in at 6'10 with shoes right? I can almost promise you that his vert isn't any better than Horford.

I wouldn't trade Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams and Josh Smith for Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace and Adam Morrison. Would you? I consider Sean May = Shelden Williams. Zaza about = to Brezec???? Trying to not be too much of a homer here I will say that Felton/BK > Law/Speedy/Lue at least right now. Law might end up being a great fit for us. Let's just see come October....

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not too worried about Ray Allen, PP and Al Jefferson. They will be dangerous for sure but I'm not sold on how they'll mix, yet. Are we better than Boston? I'm not going to say that but I see no reason we can't compete with them.

Milwaukee? I definitely wouldn't trade our roster for theirs. Redd/Bogut/Charlie V/Yi/Mo OR JJ/Smith/Chill/Marvin/Horford/Law/Shelden?? Easy decision. Us.

Back to your question, though. Talent doesn't mean better. I think if our players learn to play cohesively on both offense and defense then we can make noise in the playoffs summer of 08'.

If Cleveland can get to the NBA Finals, we can get to the playoffs. They have one great player and not one other player I would really care to have on my team. They won't be any better next year since they are pretty much at the cap and had no draft picks.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Horford is 6'8 wo shoes.

Quote:

Horford = 6'10

Zaza= 6'11

Yi=7'0

And Yi is not a center and Yi would not automatically make us better than these other EC teams. Are you telling me that you would bench Smith to start Yi at 4? Or would you play one of them out of their position and bench Marvin?

And Horford is just because he can score with his back to the basket? Then that would make Gary Payton a center as well.

All I know is if I am starting 3 forwards as you propose, I'd rather start

6'9 Marvin

6'9 Smoove

7'0 Yi

Over another 6'9 player. Yi by accident will be a better rebounder than Horford. Yi is already a better offensive player. I can train him for strength but you can't train height. Yi will be a star while Horford will be a journeyman.

Quote:

I LOVE Dwight Howard but I'd take our roster over Orlando. Why? Take Dwight off of Orlando, take JJ/Josh Smith/Marvin Williams off of ours...who's roster would you take?

Nelson / Arroyo

Reddick / Bogans

Hedo

Battie

Milicic

or

Law / (others)

Childress / Salim

?????

Shelden / Jones

Horford / Zaza

I'd take ours. Would you trade Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Marvin Williams for Dwight Howard? I can't say that I would although I think Dwight could end up being one of the top 5 players in the league in a year or two if he isn't already.

Law / JJ / Marvin / Smith / Horford has the talent to get things done. The question, IMO, is how we go about backing those players up. We need some winners with attitude coming off the bench.

I personally don't see Charlotte being much better than us. I think Horford and Okafor (Okafor maybe a little better but also more injury history) are pretty close in talent. Okafor more defensively, Horford more offensively. IIRC, Okafor measured in at 6'10 with shoes right? I can almost promise you that his vert isn't any better than Horford.

I wouldn't trade Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams and Josh Smith for Jason Richardson, Gerald Wallace and Adam Morrison. Would you? I consider Sean May = Shelden Williams. Zaza about = to Brezec???? Trying to not be too much of a homer here I will say that Felton/BK > Law/Speedy/Lue at least right now. Law might end up being a great fit for us. Let's just see come October....

-----------------------------------------------------------

I'm not too worried about Ray Allen, PP and Al Jefferson. They will be dangerous for sure but I'm not sold on how they'll mix, yet. Are we better than Boston? I'm not going to say that but I see no reason we can't compete with them.

Milwaukee? I definitely wouldn't trade our roster for theirs. Redd/Bogut/Charlie V/Yi/Mo OR JJ/Smith/Chill/Marvin/Horford/Law/Shelden?? Easy decision. Us.

Back to your question, though. Talent doesn't mean better. I think if our players learn to play cohesively on both offense and defense then we can make noise in the playoffs summer of 08'.

If Cleveland can get to the NBA Finals, we can get to the playoffs. They have one great player and not one other player I would really care to have on my team. They won't be any better next year since they are pretty much at the cap and had no draft picks.

Don't forget that Orlando is 20 million under the cap and is almost assured to get a goto scorer.

Charlotte was better than us last year, the year before and the year before that.

Mil was a playoff team before injuries and they just added the #3 talent in the draft whom we couldn't matchup with in any scenerio.

And Boston, if Ray Allen could beat us with those scrubs in Seattle, imagine him with PP and a double double PF and a young athletic defensive minded PG.

Face it we will be cellar dwellars again and we will be on message boards all next year trying to defend the honor of this POS run franchise.

I said we could be better. COULD BE. Did you miss that part? I am not going to sit here and say we are better than any team or try to forecast the upcoming season. We will be better than we were last year and we could be better than any of these teams. But here is how I see we could potentially be better than each of these teams:

Indiana - JO gets traded and they rebuild, or he is injured half the year (either is likely).

Boston - Ray Allen and Paul Pierce end up not being able to share the ball enough.

Washington - Arenas gets traded since he will walk after this year.

Milwaukee - Wait, what did these guys do that is going to make them sooo much better than last year?? Oh yeah, pick Yi who may not even play for them.

Philadelphia - They had a better record than us this past year simply due to our injuries. They have some good players, but they could definitely stall this year.

New York - Looks great on paper, but I will believe it when I see it. I think they could have some personality clashes between Marbury and Randolph. Plus with Isiah, anything is possible.

Charlotte - They got better this offseason, but was it enough? They may have beat us during the season, but I think we had a better team in regards to the rest of the league than they did. The big question is what are they going to do in the post with no Center and two very injury prone power forwards. Plus, will Morrison step up this year?

So there you go, my explanation on how we COULD be better this year than these teams. Probably not all of them, but we will be better than at least a couple. I simply don't see us being worse than we were last year unless we have as many or more injuries than last year. Oh, and as for being a homer, kiss my arse. I have never said that BK or Woody are doing a good job. I think they both suck. And I am not claiming that we are going to win the championship either. I just think we will be an improved team.

But I won't be on the other extreme and run around screaming that the sky is falling because we didn't pick Yi.