• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After passing on over 8 pass 1st point guards BK

SmooveTheFuture

Decides to get a point guard who really isnt a true Point guard. He is a shooter 1st and passer 2nd he also doesnt play good defense or pass the ball really well. So why now.....why pass on all these pass 1st point guards for a shoot 1st pg after all these years. To me it makes no sense what so ever. I dont see how Law is going to get these guys open for shots or run the break lets see some of the pass 1st point guards BK has passed on.

He passed on Paul, Deron, Felton, Jack, Roy, Foye, Rondo, Marcus Williams and Mike Conley. For a shoot 1st Point guard out of all the guys I just named above Law is by far not even close to being as good as these guys and BK decides to pass on all of them for him. GO freaking figure I need to stop being such a die hard Hawks fan because as long as BK is in the front office this team will continue to make the wrong moves. Any of the above guys mentioned would have been a better fit on this team then Acie I love to shoot Law.

Quote:

Decides to get a point guard who really isnt a true Point guard. He is a shooter 1st and passer 2nd he also doesnt play good defense or pass the ball really well. So why now.....why pass on all these pass 1st point guards for a shoot 1st pg after all these years. To me it makes no sense what so ever. I dont see how Law is going to get these guys open for shots or run the break lets see some of the pass 1st point guards BK has passed on.

He passed on Paul, Deron, Felton, Jack, Roy, Foye, Rondo, Marcus Williams and Mike Conley. For a shoot 1st Point guard out of all the guys I just named above Law is by far not even close to being as good as these guys and BK decides to pass on all of them for him. GO freaking figure I need to stop being such a die hard Hawks fan because as long as BK is in the front office this team will continue to make the wrong moves. Any of the above guys mentioned would have been a better fit on this team then Acie I love to shoot Law.

Um, Roy and Foye are combo guards (shooting guards in college) who love to shoot the rock. Law has better handles than both of them; and having better handles is a very good thing for a point guard.

Law's teams really had no one to pass to; he was it. Did you not notice this when scouting him? You really should give this guy a chance to pass the ball before passing judgement.

Quote:

Quote:

Um, Roy and Foye are combo guards (shooting guards in college) who love to shoot the rock. Law has better handles than both of them; and having better handles is a very good thing for a point guard.

Law's teams really had no one to pass to; he was it. Did you not notice this when scouting him? You really should give this guy a chance to pass the ball before passing judgement.

Law has better handles then Roy and Foye? What are you smoking please GIVE me some of that. Call up either the Wolves or Blazers about Law for either of them they will hang up the phone right away. He does not have the ball handling of either of the guys. They are combo guards who are team players yes they can shoot, rebound and they can defend and handle the ball better then Acie Law can. I have seen this guy play man and I have seen footage on him he is a shoot 1st point guard there is no denying that. People question his passing and playmaking ability along with his defense. Iam not making things up this is what they say.

Not good from what I can read.

Weaknesses: Still learning how to play the point guard position from the stand point of improving his teammates and controlling the tempo of games … Could stand to increase his upper body strength and add a few pounds to his frame … Perimeter shooting despite improvement can still go through streakiness … Settles at times for mid-range shots when he could drive to the basket and put pressure on the defense … Lacks the explosive first step to get full separation from his defender … Doesn’t always apply the same intensity on defense that he shows on offense … Can be a little turnover prone as he can telegraph his passes … Still remains to be seen if he is able to make players around him better … The mechanics in his shooting form are flawed and could need to be refined if he struggles in the NBA … Lack of strength prevents him from finishing after contact ... Defensively Law tends to gamble reaching for the ball and picks up quick fouls … While greatly improved, Law can go through periods where his overall play is inconsistent …

Quote:

Weaknesses: Still learning how to play the point guard position from the stand point of improving his teammates and controlling the tempo of games … Could stand to increase his upper body strength and add a few pounds to his frame … Perimeter shooting despite improvement can still go through streakiness … Settles at times for mid-range shots when he could drive to the basket and put pressure on the defense … Lacks the explosive first step to get full separation from his defender … Doesn’t always apply the same intensity on defense that he shows on offense … Can be a little turnover prone as he can telegraph his passes … Still remains to be seen if he is able to make players around him better … The mechanics in his shooting form are flawed and could need to be refined if he struggles in the NBA … Lack of strength prevents him from finishing after contact ... Defensively Law tends to gamble reaching for the ball and picks up quick fouls … While greatly improved, Law can go through periods where his overall play is inconsistent …

I noticed you did not provide his strengths. When you make a slanted post like this it takes away from your credibility; and therefore any chance of convicing someone that your opinion is a educated one that is not biased.

Anyone can go out and get a players weaknesses and not post their strengths. This is just a very weak attempt at slanting the story towards your already slanted and formed opinion...

Quote:

maybe you should do more watching and less reading. i really am in disbelief about how anyone who watched this kid play a decent amount last year could be upset with this pick.

Quote:

maybe you should do more watching and less reading. i really am in disbelief about how anyone who watched this kid play a decent amount last year could be upset with this pick.

He is probably the only one on the planet that thinks getting Law at 11 was a horrible pick; and we could have done so much better getting someone else at 11.

I was sweating the whole time last night waiting for that pick. Felt like we won a playoff game when he dropped to us and we actually chose him (yea I was sweating that to).

• Premium Member

Maybe we can talk about Law and people will forget we drafted Horford.

Anyway...

Law is better than the PGs in the last draft class and in the class before, he would be right after Felton... Law was the best PG in this draft. He obviously towered over Critt in their one on one workout.

If you want a pure PG, then wait til Law goes to the bench and root for Speedy.

Man come on after years and years of the "We need a point guard" cry BK goes out and gets a:

1. Proven Leader

2. Sharpshooter

3. B-ball Smart

4. Dedicated Team Player

And you have a problem with this.

There is nothing BK or anybody else can do about the past except talk about it! I mean it's a KNOWN fact that he has F up in the past but he got it right this time by not trading those picks for Amare, Ridinour or Ellis and drafting the best players available at needed positions on his team!

Picture this.........teams now cannot just double team Joe all night long to keep the Hawks offence in check thay will have to honor Law's ability to shoot or die a slow steady death or they double Joe who passes to Horford who scores almost effortlessly in the lane or hits Law for a open look.

Granted inserting Paul, Deron or whoever else BK passed on in that scenerio would be great but we cant do that we have to go with what we have and I for one Like what we have.