Press Conference...

djcorley

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

With Gordon playing what position? Coming off the bench like he does in Chi Town.

Gordon played some PG for them when Hinrich was out didn't he? He's more of a shooter than a PG, but he can handle the rock.

I still don't understand. These conferences following drafts are not just for the GM but for the benefit of the draftees as a means of introducing them to the local fanbase. If these guys are not on the block why wait until Monday? Are we so broke or busy that we cannot hold a conference Friday and Monday? We should not worry about "press economy" given how badly we need positive p.r. This is just very unusual.

Quote:

Chicago postponed their press conference to Monday as well.

Whats working here guys?

I smell a Viktor Kryhapa, Chris Duhon, and Nocioni S&T for Horford and Josh Smith trade brewing...

And I smell an Urlacher for Michael Jenkins deal going down also.....

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I went to bed Wednesday night and had a dream that we had Horford, Law, and Yi in the line-up. I have been a big Yi fan and wanted the Hawks to draft him at #3, so I found it strange that my dream had Horford in our line-up. Maybe we are going to do a deal with Milwaukee for Yi. He certainly wants out of Wisconsin. Why not send Lue, Marvin, and filler for Yi and Milwaukee's #1 next year? I believe a trade is very near.

Quote:

I went to bed Wednesday night and had a dream that we had Horford, Law, and Yi in the line-up. I have been a big Yi fan and wanted the Hawks to draft him at #3, so I found it strange that my dream had Horford in our line-up. Maybe we are going to do a deal with Milwaukee for Yi. He certainly wants out of Wisconsin. Why not send Lue, Marvin, and filler for Yi and Milwaukee's #1 next year? I believe a trade is very near.

So, your trash for Yi and Milwaukee's #1? Why not just ask for Redd while you are at it?

With Memphis taking Conley #4, that shows me there was big drop-off from the #3 to the #4 spot. Memphis was trying to make it look like they really liked Wright, but he was taken 8th. So there really was no a legitimate #4, like there was a 1-2-3. The Hawks got lucky this year.

Quote:

So, your trash for Yi
and
Milwaukee's #1? Why not just ask for Redd while you are at it?

Well, Marvin was the Number 2 in draft, he is an up and coming SF. I also sent Lue, an adequate pg, and filler for someone who might just say, I will go back to china for a year and Milwaukee can lose my rights. The number 1 pick can be lottery protected like we did with JJ's, That gives us something in case Yi will not be what we think he will be. You get three players for someone who will not play for you. Seems like a good deal to me.

Quote:

Quote:

So, your trash for Yi
and
Milwaukee's #1? Why not just ask for Redd while you are at it?

Well, Marvin was the Number 2 in draft, he is an up and coming SF. I also sent Lue, an adequate pg, and filler for someone who might just say, I will go back to china for a year and Milwaukee can lose my rights. The number 1 pick can be lottery protected like we did with JJ's, That gives us something in case Yi will not be what we think he will be. You get three players for someone who will not play for you. Seems like a good deal to me.

Thats not true - at the very least it would have to be 2 seasons.

The Spurs still hold Scola's rights, and it has been how many years? The Magic still have Frans. Hell, the Bulls still have Mario Austins rights and it has been like 4 years. It is all dependent on what type of contract he signed - if he doesn't sign a contract to lay overseas, the Bucks will hold his NBA rights indefinitely.

Marvin was picked 2nd, but it doesn't mean he has more trade value than say a 4th pick like Paul.

According to what was stated by the NBA experts, Yi is still under contract to his CBA team. They will not waive his rights for him to go to Milwaukee. Bilas stated that Milwaukee would lose his rights if he went back to china last night and the other talking heads agreed with him. Either way, He does have other options that he can take. He does not have to play in the NBA to make money.

Quote:

According to what was stated by the NBA experts, Yi is still under contract to his CBA team. They will not waive his rights for him to go to Milwaukee. Bilas stated that Milwaukee would lose his rights if he went back to china last night and the other talking heads agreed with him. Either way, He does have other options that he can take. He does not have to play in the NBA to make money.

Oh, I agree completely that Yi has all the leverage. Both as an international player, and especially being from China.

I just think Milwaukee is going to get better offers without having to give up their own first rounder.

The rights situation I'll have to investigate - thats not how I read the rules to be.

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, I agree completely that Yi has all the leverage. Both as an international player, and especially being from China.

I just think Milwaukee is going to get better offers without having to give up their own first rounder.

The rights situation I'll have to investigate - thats not how I read the rules to be.

You might get a better offer, but don't think that Marvin, Lue, and filler is trash like you stated. I only wanted the first is because we gave ours to the Suns and I wanted us to play next year.