• Raised $390 of $700 target

Press Conference...

djcorley

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good point. I think there HAS to be something in the works. Maybe not major but we have too many point guards on our team. So maybe a small trade is coming and he wants to have the incoming player be part of the introduction press conference.

Quote:

I was told to wait until Monday earlier this week to see if this was our roster and it sounds like if they are delaying the PC that this means they expect a trade to go down over the weekend.

hmmmm,just don't trade acie or horford!Especially Acie!

Quote:

I was told to wait until Monday earlier this week to see if this was our roster and it sounds like if they are delaying the PC that this means they expect a trade to go down over the weekend.

Possible. Also, our leverage for trade went up a little bit, since a lot of the teams wanted Horford but wasn't sure we wouldn't skip him. Grizzlies & Bucks should be all over us. I though Conley was a revenge pick by the Griz. Woody was saying how he was the only real PG in the draft before he drafted Law and started saying Conley can't shoot at all.

The good part is that it doesn't have to be a big trade. At this point we are looking at adjusting a piece here and there. BK did say that we would have a vet pg. And I could see where we would make the Shelden trade for Haywood, something like that, to have a legit 5.

I like the prospects.

I agree we aren't trading Horford or Ace.

IMO, the trade will include Childress and either Zaza or AJ for another combo guard.

Just had a thought on this. Detroit took two guards in the draft, both of whom can play the point. Are we looking at an SNT for Billups?

Why wait until monday especially if you are not trading either Horford or Law? Wouldn't we want to take advantage of the current buzz and introduce these guys before the weekend? Regardless of BK's statements to the contrary, he must be considering dealing one or both of these guys soon. Interesting.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Why wait until monday especially if you are not trading either Horford or Law? Wouldn't we want to take advantage of the current buzz and introduce these guys before the weekend? Regardless of BK's statements to the contrary, he must be considering dealing one or both of these guys soon. Interesting.

Why does it have to be Horford or Law?

Why have a PC today, only to have another one on Monday?

GMs always enjoy some license, but they don't make it a practice to say concrete things like that, and in such a short timeline, be proven a liar.

No... something's going on, but something's not "amiss," imo.

• Premium Member

They want to introduce the new players at the PC not just new rookies. If we made a trade for other players then they would have to hold a second PC just for them. Better to just introduce them all together and deal with the media on one day.