• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone else think Josh Childress should be SF

SmooveTheFuture

Josh Childress deserves to be the starting SF over Marvin Williams. Only reason Marvin is starting is because we took him 2nd overall he has not earned it at all. Josh Childress is a much better player to this point he actually rebounds and goes strong to the basket. He also the best player on this team moving without the ball and makes alot good defensive plays. Usually every time CHildress comes in he brings us that energy and spark that we need. But when he comes in we are usually down by some points. If we had that from the beginning of the game I think we would have a better chance of winning. Marvin does nothing but shoot that is it he cant defend he cant rebound someone please tell me why he is starting he doesnt deserve it one bit. I think our chances of winning are better with Childress starting the game out he actually brings more to the team that one dimensional Marvin. What do you guys think.

Quote:

Josh Childress deserves to be the starting SF over Marvin Williams. Only reason Marvin is starting is because we took him 2nd overall he has not earned it at all. Josh Childress is a much better player to this point he actually rebounds and goes strong to the basket. He also the best player on this team moving without the ball and makes alot good defensive plays. Usually every time CHildress comes in he brings us that energy and spark that we need. But when he comes in we are usually down by some points. If we had that from the beginning of the game I think we would have a better chance of winning. Marvin does nothing but shoot that is it he cant defend he cant rebound someone please tell me why he is starting he doesnt deserve it one bit. I think our chances of winning are better with Childress starting the game out he actually brings more to the team that one dimensional Marvin. What do you guys think.

I realize that you're just trolling at this point, and that I'm feeding your bizarre Marvin-hate, but I am fairly certain that Chillz has done better off the bench in the past. I see Chillz as an ideal sixth man who should play most of his minutes at SF with some spot duty at SG.

Quote:

Quote:

I realize that you're just trolling at this point, and that I'm feeding your bizarre Marvin-hate, but I am fairly certain that Chillz has done better off the bench in the past. I see Chillz as an ideal sixth man who should play most of his minutes at SF with some spot duty at SG.

How so explain to me how my points are not valid. I know Childress does better coming off the bench but by the time he comes into the game we are already down. Dont you think it would be better if we had his energy and skills from the start of the game. What justifys Marvin Williams starting over Josh Childress except for the single fact he was taken 2nd overall.

I think he does bring up a good point. The 6th man will not get the minutes that he had last year, with all the injuries, and player additions this year. So the more valuable player will have to start, to have the best impact for the team. Childress is the more valuable player right now. The coaching staff should have an open competition at the SF spot, come October.

I think it would work if we started Josh Smith at sf and Horford at PF. Have Marvin as backup sf and childress as backup sg and sf. But it all depends on if the Hawks pick up anyone or make any trades. Either way there are so many guys that are interchangeable at different positions that we are in a pretty good position right now to have to argue on who should start. That is much better then just wishing anybody could be productive starting like in the past.

chill can still get 30mpg backing up 2/3 like always...

and smoove is a PF...he will be our starting PF for the next 10+ years, so any lineup changes u propose, make sure that they have jj at 2, smoove at 4...other than those 2 starting slots, the rest are open...marvin's sf start is his to lose, law can prove himself and be our starting 1 in the future...and horford/shelden/zaza get to fight it out for the starting 5 spot

• Premium Member

Either Josh Childress or Shelden Williams will get shafted if there's not a trade. Since Shelden is a big safely under contract for the next three seasons, I don't expect Childress to be in a Hawks' uniform come November.

This is not to take a stab at Marvin. Im not fond of him because he doesnt bring much to the table when he is out there but that is besides the point. Like I said Childress is a huge spark and impact off the bench. Im curious if we had from the start of the game we wouldnt we be in the a better position to win the game instead of always being down by the time he comes in? Just some food for thought I wanna see the 5 best players on the floor starting for this team no matter who they are.

Quote:

This is not to take a stab at Marvin. Im not fond of him because he doesnt bring much to the table when he is out there but that is besides the point. Like I said Childress is a huge spark and impact off the bench. Im curious if we had from the start of the game we wouldnt we be in the a better position to win the game instead of always being down by the time he comes in? Just some food for thought I wanna see the 5 best players on the floor starting for this team no matter who they are.

I don't think that's always happen... we're always down when he came

I know you're tired of hearing it, but Marvin JUST turned 21.

People forget that there was a consensus at the time saying that Marvin would be great one day, but not soon. 3-4 years in the league is usually the time frame given for someone like him to come into his own.

The fact is, currently, JChill does bring more to the court. BUT, I believe that it was wise to develop Marvin by giving him the starting slot. I think Marvin does a lot better this season, especially because he now has more talent and a better built team around him (Marvin actually CAN pass really well).

Marvin can handle the ball and shoot better than Chill. He also is longer and more athletic.

Chill is a lot more savvy and a better all-around player currently.

I just think that, despite what the hater's say, Marvin is still too good to sit on the bench.

With a shot like that and great handles, his game will come along. I still have faith.

He compares well to Rashard Lewis, and it took Lewis 3-4 years to develop into an elite player.