Marvin Williams

Josh Smith > PJ Brown

Al Horford = Ben Wallace

Speedy Claxton = Chris Duhon

Josh Childress = Andres Nocioni

Shelden Williams = Tyrus Thomas

Solomon Jones = Joakim Noah

Perhaps a bit too homerism on the subs but you get the idea

Those two draft picks were huge in raising the talent of this team because now talent wise we match up with one of the best young teams in the league.

And compared to us, the Bulls are old. Look at PJ Brown and Wallace ages compared to Smoove and Horford who are both 21. Meanwhile those two are about on the wrong side of 30.

Then again they do have Thomas and Noah as their future.

But still, talent wise we match up

Quote:

Acie Law = Kirk Hinrich

Joe Johnson > Ben Gordon

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith > PJ Brown

Al Horford = Ben Wallace

If you look from a purely talent standpoint, then yes. But in actuality, Chicago is much better. Look at their defense, every one of those players is a much better defender than ours except for Gordon over Johnson, and possibly PJ over Smith. It's the same deal with the Spurs, Utah and PHX had arguably more talented rosters, but the Spurs are just so much better defensively.

Hinrich is an elite defender and is also proven offensively, I wouldn't put Law near Hinrich's level at this point.

Actually, i agree with you to an extent. I think we are more like the Bulls 2-3 years ago (when they were the "baby bulls" or whatever). They always played really hard (still do actually), and hopefully we learn to bring that every night.

The Bulls team now is way more developed than we are now, but I could see us hypothetically attaining that level in 2 years time.

We now have a lot of guys who are good bball players. The fact that we have legitimate talent at EACH and EVERY position now, means that EVERYONE is gonna play better cause the team is more complete. We now have 2 pg's who bring different skill sets (each of which is needed at times), a formidable rebounding duo in Horford and Smoove (I think this actually is gonna be a good rebounding unit with their quickness, toughness and athleticism), scorers in Joe, Law, Marvin, Smoove, Horford, Zaza, Chill, Lue, Salim (that is a lot of scoring power actually), a great do-it-all 6th man in Chill, and depth when people inevitably go down with injuries.

We probably needed 2 more quality NBA players last year to be more effective (and guess what we just got in the draft).

So yeah, the team is more complete, which is gonna make everyone play better. Joe, Marvin (especially), Smoove, Horford, etc.

So, while I think the Bulls are a good bit ahead of us, I think that there's is a legitimate path we could take (stockpiled young talent that develops), and I'm calling it now: we're gonna be known as the "Baby Hawks" this season (that [censored] is gonna be annoying).

Quote:

Acie Law = Kirk H.

Joe Johnson > Ben Gordon.

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith > PJ Brown

Al Horford = Ben Wallace

Let's take this down piece by piece:

Acie Law (unproven rookie) = Kirk Hinnrich??? LOL

Marvin (one

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All Above Jokes....SW vs TT is close but TT has more upside.

Josh Smith > PJ Brown (yes...but close in game situations))

Al Horford = Ben Wallace .............LOL

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Solomon Jones = Joakim Noah (this is the most comical one of all - Noah knows how to play) Noah is FAR superior, 7 foot and a gamer.

stirthepot.gifpillepalle.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Acie Law = Kirk H.

Joe Johnson > Ben Gordon.

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith > PJ Brown

Al Horford = Ben Wallace

Let's take this down piece by piece:

Acie Law (unproven rookie) = Kirk Hinnrich??? LOL

Marvin (one

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

All Above Jokes....SW vs TT is close but TT has more upside.

Josh Smith > PJ Brown (yes...but close in game situations))

Al Horford = Ben Wallace .............LOL

+++++++++++++++++++++++

Solomon Jones = Joakim Noah (this is the most comical one of all - Noah knows how to play) Noah is FAR superior, 7 foot and a gamer.

stirthepot.gifpillepalle.gif

LOL I was about to make the same post. The thing I disagree on is I would rather have Chill than Andreas. Also Smith is a lot better than Brown. Marvin could end up better than Deng in a few years who knows. I agree with whoever said we are similar to them 2-3 years ago when they did not have much experience. However, now there talent has matured and we can only hope ours does the same.

Agreed Josh Smith will end up better than P.J...Marvin ending up better than (borderline all-star) Deng is a huge stretch...a few of the others could go either way...but obviously Chicago "currently" has a FAR superior roster of players.

Our only hope is that Woody can outcoach Scott Skiles in game situations. (LOL). munching_out.gif

Quote:

I think we are more like the Bulls 2-3 years ago (when they were the "baby bulls" or whatever).

Jeez, yall are hyper-critical. I quote myself to make the point again.

We aren't the Bulls today. That's ridiculous.

But I do think we are similar to where they were 2 years ago, and that we could follow their progression to success.

And the same things will happen. We'll start getting better and more competitive, and free agents will want to come here again (albeit, depending on the ownership fiasco).

Quote:

And compared to us, the Bulls are old. Look at PJ Brown and Wallace ages
compared to Smoove and Horford who are both 21. Meanwhile those two are about on the wrong side of 30.

Then again they do have Thomas and Noah as their future.

Ben Gordon is 24

Kirk Hinrich is 26

Luol Deng is 22

Tyrus Thomas is 20

Joakim Noah is 22

Thats the Bulls future. Not PJ Brown.

I agree Atlien, we have similar TALENT as the Bulls, but not the same experience. The Bulls should be the Hawks 4 out of 5 games.

The other thing that the Bulls have over the Hawks in spades is coaching. While the Bulls have one of the best in Skiles, we have one of the worst, if not THE worst in Woody. Until that is fixed, we won't be betting the Bulls in any meaningful games- e.g. the playoffs.

Yeah you're right "potential" is a safer word.

And it's more of what I was trying to say.

I wasn't saying Acie Law and Horford could replace Ben Wallace and Kirk Hinrich right now. No Im not THAT crazy.

Im just saying potentially they could match those guys.

Horford may not be a 4 time DPOTY, but he could make up for that by being more efficient offensively

And I def think Law can be as good a scorer as Captain Kirk.

He's the exact same size and also a great shooter like Kirk. He's also quick like Kirk and I think he has underrated playmaking ability

Its a stretch but I see what you are saying. I think personally that Deng is being overrated. He is a good player but still far from being an all star. Just like Iguodala, Deng's stats have benefitted from being designated as the #1 option. I think that Marvin would put up similar numbers if he was the #1 option, and he pretty much did when JJ, lue and Speedy went down for the season.

After my initial anger about not getting Amare or Yi I now feel pretty confident about the season. We just need a lot of luck to fall our way.

Quote:

Deng's stats have benefitted from being designated as the #1 option.

FGA's Bulls:

Gordon - 16.3

Deng - 14.9

Hinrich - 13.3

Ben Gordon is the #1 option on the Bulls. Dengs stats have benefited from the fact he is a damn good shooter from mid-range.

Quote:

I think that Marvin would put up similar numbers if he was the #1 option, and he pretty much did when JJ, lue and Speedy went down for the season.

I'm sorry - are you comparing what Marvin did on a last place team over the last 2 weeks of the season (playing 45 minutes a game) to what Deng did all season playing for a playoff team fighting for position?

Deng avg 26/9/3 against Miami in the first round, and 20/9/2 against Detroit where he was basically playing 1 on 5.

You're right though - Marvin has definitely shown he would put up the same numbers.