• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2 Questions for the Horford Faithful...

Diesel

...and to add to that, the sum of all you contribute to this board is a NET NEGATIVE.

Horford wasn't everyone's #1 choice, but we've got him and many of us are thinking it could turn out really well. I was on the fence about Horford, Yi and Conley at 3. none of those would have been slam dunks, they all have levels of risk and reward. My first choice wasn't selected, but that's life. Might as well enjoy the guy we're getting.

There's no need to spend all of your energy on an anti-Horford campaign. Why not try and look forward to what he might bring to the team?

Why is it necessary to develop agendas against players on the team you follow?

Do you not see how backwards that is?

Never seen the guy in an NBA uniform, and already it's been decided that you'll never once in your life enjoy watching him play or cheer him on.

Very sad.

• Premium Member

But let me answer this and let your little diversion start.

At Duke, Shelden was the post defense. He played the middle period. He played the center position with NO double, no help defense. He was the man on the island and that was by design.

Horford didn't play players with the resume that Shelden played. NOT POST PLAYERS. The only two he faced (Morris and Oden) destroy Florida. Whereas Horford had a whole system helping him against other bigs, Shelden had no system....

Put Horford in Shelden's shoes and Horford would have been diminished to nothing...

The real question is what will translate from Horford's game!

I think he is a pure PF... playing him at Center will result in bad results.

C'mon Diesel, where's your BS excuses for my above post??

And Oden and Morris destroyed Florida?? Huh?? First of all, Florida won both of those games. Second of all, Morris scored a whopping 2 points over his season average. Third of all, Oden is the best center prospect in generations.

Anything else??

So did McRoberts just stay on the offensive end and wait for the defense to get scored on?

McBob was the #1 player in the country at his position, and he was alongside Shelden for every single one of those games I posted.

Quote:

The real question is what will translate from Horford's game!

I think he is a pure PF... playing him at Center will result in bad results.

You may be right about his position, I'm not at all convinced he can be a center full time. But I think his game WILL translate. If in reality he becomes a better PF than Shelden and Smith and he can't play a lick of center, he's still an upgrade. Why wouldn't we want to upgrade at a vital position if given the opportunity?

I'm not a member of the Horford "faithful", whatever that is, but I'm excited about him joining the squad.

Quote:

Who waltzed down the middle of the zone to score on Al??

Not Lee.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal...0061124_WKTY@FL

2 baskets in the paint.

Not Foster.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal...070217_FL@VANDY

3 baskets in the paint.

Not Wright.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal..._20061125_KS@FL

4 baskets in the paint.

Not even Thornton.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketbal...0061203_FL@FLST

4 baskets in the paint.

And you know what, I'd venture that a few of those baskets they did score were scored while Al was on the bench.

So that leaves 4 matchups from the list. You mean to tell me that in 4 of Florida's 40 games last year, some guy had a decent game scoring on the inside?? 4 whole games???

The horror!!

After post after post of complete pwnage, what's the over/under on follow-up posts from Diesel?? Or will this coincidentally be one of those threads that gets wiped from the Dieselputer's hard drive??

hardcore pwnage

Quote:

Seems to me that Horford's #1 defender is ducking these questions, so let's open it up to the Horford fan club...

1. Explain 13 ppg.

Horford to be this great Scorer never showed it in college. Even against Noncompetitive teams like UGA, Horford would come in with 6 pts. In my survey asking for the purpose of Horford, Many of you said he was drafted to be a "Post offensive player". In other threads you said he would be like Karl Malone, Elton Brand, or Carlos Boozer...

Karl Malone = 18.7 ppg (Louisanna Tech)

Elton Brand = 17.7 ppg (Duke)

Carlos Boozer = 18.2 ppg ( Duke)

Horford = 13.4 ppg

Diesel which one of those guys was on a TEAM that won back to back National Chapionships? Your logic is so twisted; it's like saying that Dirk Nowitzki is a better player than Tim Duncan because Dirk averaged 24 PPG compared to Duncan's 20 PPG.

• Premium Member

drp... you probably need to keep your mouth shut on this issue... let me show you how fast it can be closed...

Quote:

Diesel which one of those guys was on a TEAM that won back to back National Chapionships?

Let's see:

Scott Williams = 2 NBA Championship rings.

Barkley = NONE.

Scott Williams must be a HELLUVA lot better PF than Barkley!!!

Robert Horry = 5 Championship rings with 3 different teams.

Karl Malone = NO Championship rings..

Horry must be THE Freakin Man... And Karl Malone must be a S--- Sandwhich by your logic.

Do you see how bad your logic is yet??

Need I continue...

Ok, one more.. I want this to hit home hard...

Tyron Lue = 2 Championship rings.

Dominique = NONE...

We know which player is the best to ever suit up in Atlanta!!!

:smileypulldownsunglasses-xENo:

Quote:

2. Explain: Oden 25 pts, Morris 18 pts, D. Arther (Kansas 19 pts), JWright 21 pts, Thornton 28 pts, Courtney Lee (W. Kentucky) 16 pts, Darian Townes (Arkansas) 18 pts (Avg = 8 ppg), Shan Foster (Vanderbilt) 24 pts (Avg = 15).

You can try to divert attention to something else... But I dare you to try to explain that. Just about everybody Horford faced had a career day!!! Damn??!?

You are a joke.

Only two of those guys even played Center. And Oden is the only one who played fulltime Center.

And in the head to head meetings Oden still scored the majority of his points either on Chris Richard or in garbage time. He only had a few legit buckets on Horford. One AFTER BEING BLOCKED HEAD ON BY HORFORD. He dunked on a 2nd attempt, and another hook where he extended over Horford. Perhaps a couple other buckets here and there, but he DID NOT score 25 points on Al Horford. Not even close.

Just like Horford didn't score all 18 of his points on Oden.

I don't remember the Kentucky game too well, but the last time I checked Randolph Morris got the best of Dwight Howard.

Apparently your a little slow (well maybe more than a little) and can't read properly; Scott Williams, Barkley, Lue,and Dominique weren't even in the conversation, your the one who brought up:

Karl Malone = 18.7 ppg (Louisanna Tech)

Elton Brand = 17.7 ppg (Duke)

Carlos Boozer = 18.2 ppg ( Duke)

Horford = 13.4 ppg

One player's PPG doesn't translate into winning championships; Teams win Championships.

Quote:

Robert Horry = 5 Championship rings with 3 different teams.

Karl Malone = NO Championship rings..

Horry was never the top player on any of the Championship teams, your wannabe point is pointless as always.

I almost feel sorry for you because it's obvious somebody dropped you on your head as a little kid, and you had to ride to school on the short bus.

chairs.gif

Quote:

drp... you probably need to keep your mouth shut on this issue... let me show you how fast it can be closed...

Quote:

Diesel which one of those guys was on a TEAM that won back to back National Chapionships?

Let's see:

:smileypulldownsunglasses-xENo:

His point is that when you are comparing stats, you have to compare how/why they had those stats. He wasn't telling you to "kiss the rings". Maybe you should try to understand people's arguements before you go talking crap.

Back to the arguement. Did any of those players you listed ever average the same amount of points as the leading scorer on their team? Horford did. If they did you might have a valid comparison, instead you are just making comparisons that are completely irrelevant.

• Premium Member

Bosst, if that were only true.

Here's the other line he threw out there...

Quote:

Your logic is so twisted; it's like saying that Dirk Nowitzki is a better player than Tim Duncan because Dirk averaged 24 PPG compared to Duncan's 20 PPG.

That's an obvious "Kiss the ring" Statement. And the funny part about it is that Dirk IS MVP of this season. You see, you and I understand that Rings or NCAA championships has no business in a discussion about personal player accomplishment.

Horford had the advantage of being on a good team a championship team. That doesn't go down to his credit no more than Scott Williams winning two rings with the Bulls go down on his...

It's a wonderful accomplishment, but I don't consider him better than players who never won the ring. In fact, there are thousands of players who never won the ring who are flat out better than Scott Williams Personally.. so what's the point in even bringing up the team accomplishment.

The same is true for Horford.

What's the purpose of even bringing up the team championship?

Quote:

You said "His point is that when you are comparing stats, you have to compare how/why they had those stats."

Sorry, but I don't see that in anything drp wrote.

Quote:

...and to add to that, the sum of all you contribute to this board is a NET NEGATIVE.

Horford wasn't everyone's #1 choice, but we've got him and many of us are thinking it could turn out really well. I was on the fence about Horford, Yi and Conley at 3. none of those would have been slam dunks, they all have levels of risk and reward. My first choice wasn't selected, but that's life. Might as well enjoy the guy we're getting.

There's no need to spend all of your energy on an anti-Horford campaign. Why not try and look forward to what he might bring to the team?

Why is it necessary to develop agendas against players on the team you follow?

Do you not see how backwards that is?

Never seen the guy in an NBA uniform, and already it's been decided that you'll never once in your life enjoy watching him play or cheer him on.

Very sad.

Needs to be repeated. This "I am a genius and boo hoo the team didn't pick my pet choice so I'm going to grind this ax irrationally for eternity" attitude certain egotistical posters have has poisoned the board.