• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Stealing from the AJC...

Weez

Start Speedy early on, let Law earn the #1 role. While it may build his confidence to be the starter, it could very possibly damage his confidence significantly if he struggles early on due to the pressure.

Give him as many or more minutes, but let him come off the bench to begin with.

Nothing wrong with platooning for a while, letting him get acclimated, and then starting him when he's ready. If that's December, great. If it's March, great. If it's the following fall, fine. He's the future, right?

I like the idea of Speedy setting the defensive tone, Law getting a lot of run, and using the situation o determine who's in at the end. If we need offense, we need Law. if we need shut down defense, maybe go with Speedy and sub Law in on dead balls.

Lue's great as a 3rd option, especially when Law's banged up or his shot's off.

i don't know about starting law. for some reason i'm just a little reserved about starting a rookie pg. i know chris paul had a phenomenal year several years back. but how many rookie pg's come straight in and start and set the league on fire? not many. i think it'd be more beneficial to the hawks and acie for him to come off the bench. let's not forget acie is pretty versatile in that we can play him at the 2 as well.

lue is basically a undersized spot shooter. so i dont' suggest we start him. i think lue makes the most sense to trade.

speedy got a big contract so the hawks have to play him right? yes, especially with the ownerships troubles, management is looking for ways to justify craig's contract. but he can't shoot a lick and is only an average facilitator. besides who on this board thinks he's going to play all 82 games? ok fine how about 50+ games?

that leaves aj. he's not flashy, he doesn't do anything particularly well. but he's a savvy veteran, who does know how to run a team and an offense. he's solid on the pick and roll or pick and pop. he can set up his teammates as well as direct them. he's also a decent defender and although he might not be the greatest of shooters, when he's on he can fill it up. i think you start aj for half a season let acie get his feet wet and then after the break let acie take the hawks into the playoffs.

AC has made Lue redundant. Lue will pound the ball and destroy the offensive rhythms of the young team. I don't see how he fits this team this year.

Depending on late game necessity we can do offensive/defensive substitutions between Craig and AC.

I would prefer AC start his NBA career playing against other teams' backup PG. That will help him get some confidence early on. Penetrating the starting line-up is all upto him, and its something he has to earn.

I am very scared about the chemistry of the team this year.

AJ is a perfect 2nd/3rd PG. I'd keep him over Selim. He is the only PG in our team who can teach AC a few things.

I'd pay to watch the training camp.

We need to start Law from day one and not hold him back like we did with Marv, Chill, Smoove and Shell. We need to force him now like Hornets did with Paul. If we put him on the bench i have a feeling he will be a backup in the league. We need to start him now, no more bulsh1t. Just throw him in there he is nba ready and capable.

I think if anybody has to earn his minutes, this person should be Speedy after that pitiful season he had.

I would give the starter spot (and the most PG minutes) to Law. Otherwise Woody might just forget about him like he does often about our young/bench players, I can just imagine Woody taking Speedy out just to bring in Lue or AJ and wondering who this young guy on the bench is.

As the lower rung of the FA's get picked over there is clearly a shortage of backup pg's around the league. It stands to reason that someone will want Lue, AJ, maybe ? Speedy before the season starts. The question is who and could we get anything in return that would be helpful. Looks like a tough proposition.

Miami and Milwaukee need guards. Maybe Charlotte?

I say start the game with AJ and let Law come in first with Claxton next, if ever. I think AJ gives us the smarter, more experienced lineup. Which is the most important thing right now, imo. Lue backing up Joe? We need a trade in the worst way. Too many mediocre pg's that stifle Law's ability to grow.