• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

My rebuilding plan...

DJ_Money

(I need something to do during halftime of the Texas/Syracuse game. Feel free to point out the many flaws in my plans. Yes, salaries are no where close. I know.

Although, I wouldn't really call it rebuilding, just a total overhaul from what we have now. This team has to be more athletic.

1. Trade Jason Terry (SNT) to Seattle for their 1st Rounder, which we then use to select T.J. Ford

-I do think Ford will come out this year. However, I think teams will pass over him because of his height and lack of a jumper. I think he could possibly drop to #10 or #11. You can teach a guy to shoot, you can't teach the natural instincts that Ford is blessed with. Very close to Kidd. Great passing ability, not a great shooter, but still finds a way to score.

2. Trade Robinson/Nazr to Chicago for Rose/E. Robinson

-Rose gives us stability at the SG position. We have to have the weakest SG tandem in the NBA. Nazr and ERob have been wasted on the current teams, give them a chance to start over.

3. Use the Indiana pick to select Aleksandar Pavlovic from Serbia.

-20 years old, 6'7" SF. The next great Euro import. Plays similar to Ginobilli, excellent athlete. Said to "play like an American." Good wingspan, should be a good defensive player.

4. Draft Dahntay Jones in the 2nd Round.

-Upgrade over Ira Newble. Amazing athlete, excellent on D, showed an improving offensive game, shot an extremely high % this year.

5. Shareef/Dickau to Washington for Kwame/Heywood

I think Jordan has become fed up with Kwame. He demands excellence. He's not into waiting for players to develop. He may take two years off, watch the Wiz struggle, and come back again. I think if we dangled Shareef out there, he would bite. Shareef seems like his kind of player. Dickau could do something for their PG woes, although I doubt it.

6. Sign Kenny Anderson and Steve Smith for cheap.

-With a team this young, we need some experience around. Even if the only play 10 minutes a night, their teachings could be invaluable.

7. Resign DerMarr.

-Why not?

Ford/Anderson

Rose/Robinson/Smith

Pavlovic/Jones/DJ

Kwame/Hendu/CC

Theo/Heywood

I don't think this is possible. A player who is not under contract cannot be traded prior to the draft, even in a sign-and-trade, as the free agency period has not begun. The only way that Terry could be traded for a package involving a pick in this year's draft is if we resign him now...which we won't.

Terry looks good without Dog on the court, doesn't he? I think we would have made the playoffs without Dog. Even if we had made the trade and he'd gotten hurt in camp. We didn't even need Toni...we'd have made the playoffs. He has such a negative influence.

We're 4-1 without him...that 1 loss was on a buzzer beater at Detroit.

I didn't realize that the Hawks are 5-1 when Big Dog doesn't play.

That's alarming and should give you a good indication of why this team doesn't play team ball offensively or play well defensively when Big Dog is out there.

What's more alarming is this:

Without Big Dog in the line up, the Hawks hold teams to 35% shooting and 87 points per game.

We also score 87 points per game, so while the defense is markedly better, the offense drops off some without Big Dog.

I said it all year... WE ARE BETTER w/o BIG DOG!

As for DJ MONEY, ur plan isint that bad... but if FORD turns out to be BREVIN KNIGHT, im going to blame u 100%! lol

i know its not possible- but if u does go top 5, our plan is totally screwed up and we dont have a PG.

And 1 more thing- i rather have SAR than KWAME BROWN. If Jordan doesnt believe in BROWN, i donno.. thats saying a lot!

I definitely think we are a better TEAM w/o the dog. We defend better and we are a more unselfish team w/o the dog.

Do you think Dion is the answer for the 2 guard spot? I think so, he was the frame, a much much improved shot with 3 pt range, he is a good defender and slasher. Ira is not the answer for the 3 spot but he has definitely improved that outside touch. I think that if DJ comes back healthy , I will like to see JT/DG/DJ/Reef/Theo as the starting 5. What yall think?

Dion is playing well right now, but in the long run, the Hawks need a more consistent jump shooter who can handle the ball and pass better than Dion.

I like Dion as a top reserve.

At this time though, Dion may be the best option for next season, so the Hawks should look into resigning him. I think he's a restricted free agent that can be given a one year tender.

He's simply not consistent enough to be your starting two guard. Agree 100% - the jumper's not always there, nor is his defense - both can be, but on any given night, you don't know what you're getting.

What price do you think he'd take to stick around? How much should/would the Hawks be willing to give to him? Go with current scenario, not one of new ownership.

• Admin

He's played well for us in his first healthy and consistant season. He's had some very big games and hit some very big shots. I see no reason that he can't develop into a consistant 15ppg player with solid rebounds, assists and defense. probably more suited to coming off teh bench but a guy who can start if called upon.