Childress

Zaza

By January:

Law

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Horford

Reserves the same, but Speedy takes Law's spot.

Lue will get some minutes, especially early in the season, but once Law establishes himself, I see Lue's role slowly diminishing. Salim will not see much of the court baring injury, IMO.

Quote:

Speedy

Joe

Marvin

Josh Smith

Zaza

Other thoughts?

I agree. The only other scenerio I can see is Speedy being traded and Law starting, but that's doubtful. There is no way Horford starts over a motivated and healthy Zaza. If Zaza gets 35mpg he probably puts up 14/8. If Horford puts up 14/8 he'd be rookie of the year, which I doubt he is.

• Premium Member

I'm going to approach this one from a contrarian/pessimistic position... for the heck of it.

We still don't have any reason to believe that Speedy is any better off now than he was 12 months ago.

Law looked good in Summer League... that rarely matters, and it routinely takes a rookie at least a half-season to get his bearings.

Anthony Johnson gets traded, since that seems to be the between-the-lines message every time Woody does an interview lately.

If not for that trade, he would start... but instead... Lue starts the season at PG.

Is Joe Johnson thought to be totally recovered? I thought I read somewhere that he is. So, the lone obvious choice... JJ starts at SG.

Marvin needs to shine this season, and the team is going to give him every opportunity to do that... besides, playing Chilz more minutes only makes the cash price of keeping him (and I believe they want to keep him) more expensive... almost as much a no-brainer as SG, Marvin starts the season at SF.

Josh Smith will start. Likely at PF, but potentially could displace Marvin in the event of either another hard-luck injury (not to jinx him/us, but those things DO tend to repeat themselves for some reason for some players) or if it becomes apparent in the pre-season that there's greater advantage to playing Horford beside ZaZa.

Finally, at C, ZaZa gets to start the first game just out of respect for his accomplishments in his two years as a Hawk, but it's a game-to-game thing where he shares the starting nod with Horford... and at that, Horford get--at least--equal time.

End of the season:

Law, Johnson, MWill, Smoove, Horford.

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy

Joe

Marvin

Josh Smith

Zaza

Other thoughts?

I agree. The only other scenerio I can see is Speedy being traded and Law starting, but that's doubtful. There is no way Horford starts over a motivated and healthy Zaza. If Zaza gets 35mpg he probably puts up 14/8. If Horford puts up 14/8 he'd be rookie of the year, which I doubt he is.

Last year Blow wright was starting over Zaza. Are you forgetting that Zaza is hands down the worst defensive center in all of the NBA this guy is not starter material at all.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Speedy

Joe

Marvin

Josh Smith

Zaza

Other thoughts?

Zaza didnt' start not because of defense but because he gave an inconsistent effort offensively and didn't rebound as well as before. But we have to face the fact that Zaza is by far our best prospect at center who is only 22-23. If Shelden Williams, who is the same age, had a year like Zaza we'd be trying to put him into the hall of fame.

Last year Blow wright was starting over Zaza. Are you forgetting that Zaza is hands down the worst defensive center in all of the NBA this guy is not starter material at all.