• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I posted last year...

DJlaysitup

I posted last year that we had a team with one real NBA starter if you look at good teams (and got flamed for it wink.gif).

Speedy - a backup before he got here.

JJ - our one quality NBA starter.

Marvin - potential, but would be on the pine on a good team.

Smoove - currently a great 6th man if to want to win. Too many bad decisions and long jumpers.

Zaza - a solid backup center.

Sadly we have done little to resolve this with the exception of drafting whichever players seem logical. Other E.C. teams have added NBA-proven talent. We haven't.

That's a pretty pessimistic look on things.......

Quote:

Smoove - currently a great 6th man if to want to win. Too many bad decisions and long jumpers.

I agree that the boy has his short comings, but only a 6th man with what he brings to the table? You would have to have the most stacked roster at the 3/4 spot to consider this guy a 6th man. confused.gif

This may be true for the top teams in the playoffs, but for the rest of the league that is not true. A significant part of the league would love to have Marvin and Smoove to start for them. Speedy's health will determine how he does. I think the key issue it that the team matures together, something that we have only seen in spurts.

I think Chills could start for many teams. Even some playoff teams. I bet Utah would have loved to have Chills starting as their SG last year. I bet the Lakers would have started Chills as their wing along side Kobe. The Heat could have started Chills too.

B/c of Marvin's youth he would probably nto start for a play off team but would start for most teams in our poistion.

Smoove would start on 90 % of teams last season. This season he would start for 100% of teams. He is #2 in the whole NBA in blocks and rebounder a respectable 8 a game. If Smoove were on a winning team, there would be more veteran leadership abd would not have had the offensive freedom to throw up as amny jumpers. I see Smoove playing under more control this season as he matures.

I agree ZaZa would not start for many teams but at the least would be their 1st big off the bench.

Horford was said to be the most NBA ready player in the draft. To me that means he is starter quality. If not then no one in the draft is starter quality. He should be starting over ZaZa by the 2nd month of the season.

Speedy is a back up. That is where he is comfortable. Sure he wants to start but he does not have a complete enough game to be a winning teams primary floor general.

I am rela high on Law. Rookie PGs usually take a year or so. I hope were suprised with some accelerated maturity and production this season from Law. I see him taking over this team as its leader and general. He knows how to manage game better then anyone on the roster save maybe AJ (due to expierence)but has much more overall ability then AJ.

Why the optimism from me, if this is true?

If the Hawks players were old, past their prime and sure

to be going down hill further as they continue to age,

we would have real problems.

Almost every Hawk still has, hopefully, his best years

ahead of him, in the future. They have room for their

game to improve - and I believe it will.

thumb3d.gifthumb3d.gifthumb3d.gif

I don't post much, but Damn!

Are you sure you're an NBA fan?

As I look at the rosters of the entire East and the Top of the West, I only see a couple of teams that Smoove/Marvin/Chill wouldn't start on (ie the Jazz has Okur/AK-47/Boozer, so they wouldn't need Smoove/Marvin).

Smoove would start on every team at either SF/PF or they would make adjustments. To say that he wouldn't beat PJ Brown/Tyrus Thomas, Mikki Moore, Drew Gooden, McDyess, Charlie V, Walker/Haslem or Jamerison...Toronto would make an adjustment with Bosh! Duncan would play center to have Smoove at PF! Stoudemire/Marion/Diaw or Stoudemire/Smoove/Marion! Dirk at SF and Smoove at PF! The Celtics would run with Rondo/Allen/Peirce/Smoove/KG.

Marvin could start for Toronto (Joey Graham...please). Snow/James/Marvin/Gooden/Illg is an imporvement...hell Snow/James/Marvin/Smoove/Illg is better! or Snow/Chill/James/Smoove/Illg! Nelson/Chill/Marvin/Smoove/Howard would run in Orlando.

Dude are ya sure you watch the NBA!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I don't post much, but Damn!

Are you sure you're an NBA fan?

As I look at the rosters of the entire East and the Top of the West, I only see a couple of teams that Smoove/Marvin/Chill wouldn't start on (ie the Jazz has Okur/AK-47/Boozer, so they wouldn't need Smoove/Marvin).

Smoove would start on every team at either SF/PF or they would make adjustments. To say that he wouldn't beat PJ Brown/Tyrus Thomas, Mikki Moore, Drew Gooden, McDyess, Charlie V, Walker/Haslem or Jamerison...Toronto would make an adjustment with Bosh! Duncan would play center to have Smoove at PF! Stoudemire/Marion/Diaw or Stoudemire/Smoove/Marion! Dirk at SF and Smoove at PF! The Celtics would run with Rondo/Allen/Peirce/Smoove/KG.

Marvin could start for Toronto (Joey Graham...please). Snow/James/Marvin/Gooden/Illg is an imporvement...hell Snow/James/Marvin/Smoove/Illg is better! or Snow/Chill/James/Smoove/Illg! Nelson/Chill/Marvin/Smoove/Howard would run in Orlando.

Dude are ya sure you watch the NBA!

Don't mind him! He is a typical poster that claims to be a Hawk fan but you kinda wonder reading his post. One who looks for reasons to unload on the current roster because they are not as good as Labron or Duncan yet! You have to learn to ignore some of these characters otherwise you would start to think that Channy Frye, Chris Kaman, or the Jamal Crawford of the world are much better than what we have on our current roster. Some would even make a case for NBDL players like Sene or stiffs like Anderson to be an upgrade! You just have to get use to searching through piles of agenda driven post designed to turn you against a player/coach/gm to get to a few insightful post designed to help understand how the current pieces might fit together and what to expect this upcoming season.