• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Cenk Akyol 07/08 season watch

BigDirty

Efes (27-3 last season) played against Beykoz (9-21 last season) in the first Turkish Cup elimination game, they won 81-60. Top scorers for Efes were Drew Nicholas with 27 points and Andre Hutson with 17 points. Cenk scored 3 points, I don't know how many minutes he played. Efes' next game is today/tomorrow (depending on your timezone) against Karsiyaka (12-18 last season), it's another Turkish Cup game.

Beykoz: Clarence Gilbert 8, Erdal Bibo, Gregory Grays 8, Levant Bilgin 3, Umut Tinay 2, Cem Coskun 16, Umut Görür 2, Chris Burgess 10, Caner Öner 8, Alper Yilmaz 3

Efes: Drew Nicholas 27, Cenk Akyol 3, Kenny Gregory 2, Mustafa Abi 2, Bora Hun Pacun, Kerem Gönlüm 2, Rashad Wright 4, Serkan Erdogan 6, Ermal Kurtoglu 9, Ender Arslan 9, Andre Hutson 17

Efes won their second cup game 87-68 against Karsiyaka. Top Scorer for Efes was again Drew Nicholas with 18 points, followed by Ender Arslan with 15. Cenk again had three points. A complete box score isn't out yet. Efes plays against Darüssafaka tomorrow, another cup game.

Efes: Drew Nicholas 18, Loren Woods 8, Cenk Akyol 3, Kenny Gregory 13, Mustafa Abi 3, Kerem Gönlüm 6, Rashad Wright 9, Serkan Erdogan, Ermal Kurtoglu 6, Ender Arslan 15, Andre Hutson 6

Karsiyaka: Gökper Gen, Asim Pars 5, Bans Ermis 5, Berkay Sahilloglu 3, Erhan Yetim 2, Gary Neal 8, Can Terzioglu, Volkan Cetintahra 8, Valentin Pastal 8, Quinton Hosley 16, Sean Marshall 13

Today Efes won 92-58 against Darüssafaka. Since it was a blowout everybody played 10-15 minutes, except Cenk it seems, he played 4:43, took no shot and his only stat that was not 0 was his foul count. Top Scorer was Andre Hutson with 13 followed by Loren Woods with 12.

Efes lost against Minnesota 83-81. It seems that this was a very ugly game, I doubt that I'll watch it later.

FG% 34% - 35%

3PT% 33% - 28%

FT% 60% - 57%

Reb 68 - 47

box score

Cenk played 6:58 (didn't play in 2nd half I think), took one shot and missed it, had one rebound, one block and one foul.

Efes had their first regular season game today and won 89-58. I haven't found a box score yet. Cenk had 6 points this time.

Belediye: Lorenzo Gordon 14, Hakan 18, Ufuk, Kevin Johnson 10, Keith Simmons 7, Arda 7, Güven, Bora 2, Dominick Meija, Ismail

Efes: Kerem 15, Loren Woods 2, Andrews Nicholas 7, Rashad Wright 8, Mustafa 6, Andre Hutson 16, Ender 5, Cenk 6, William Gregory 12, Ermal 12

I don't know what's wrong with this kid. When I first saw him (few years back), he was agile, making plays, scoring... You could see why he was drafted... But then I saw him in some Euro-cup and Turkish national team games and he was just invisible, totaly lost! I guess that some euro teams (bigger ones) have difficulties developing young players. First, when they show flashes of talent, they acquire them... But then they sit them on the bench behind foreign players... That might have been the case with him... But he is still very young, and if he can resurect that old form and gain some confidence, who knows...

I think Cenk just doesn't have the mental toughness and playing 82 NBA games would only make it worse in my eyes, he's like Sebastian Deisler (only a lot worse of course).

I don't think that the problems are on Efes side, they let him play 18 minutes per turkish game last year, which is almost half a game and for a 19 year old that is a very good amount of playing time.

I guess he doesn't play as much this year because of his mental problems, the stronger Efes roster, the stronger turkish players on the roster and because he announced that he wanted to play for the Hawks this year, I mean why should they try to develop him if he already said that he wants to leave as soon as possible, his production is obviously not very important for their success.

By the way here is the box score from the first regular season game, Cenk played 10:51.

Efes won 91-75 against Beykoz today. Cenk played 20:28, had 0 points, was 0-1 from the field, had 3 rebounds and 1 turnover. I guess Cenk played so much today because they released Rashad Wright and new signing Scoonie Penn wasn't able to play yet.

Efes (0-1) just won 80-70 against Armani Jeans Milano (0-1) in the Euroleague. Cenk was on the bench for the whole game and did not play. There are rumours that Blatt wants to get another american player for the 2/3 so that he doesn't have to use Cenk in the Euroleague competition.