• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The stars align.. both NY teams fail...

chillzatl

And the Cubs lost too. Now if only the Red Sox lose, too, all the teams I harbor negative feelings toward in the playoffs will be gone!

Quote:

What is there to dislike about the Cubs?

I have been to every home Braves playoff game that's been in the Ted and a few before that. Growing up, my dad was a security guard at AFCS, and the staff there was my babysitting squad. I have seen a lot of losses, and never have I had a bad time, until the Cubs locusts descended on the stadium for their playoff series in 2003. The rudeness, drunkenness, and hostility towards Braves fan -- including cursing at children and starting fights -- was completely out of this world. I wish those fans nothing but continued fan-anguish.

Quote:

Hey don't dish on the BoSox! They are my team besides the Braves.
woohoo.gif

They were tolerable when they were a media creation with a long, tortured, underdog history. Now they're just a media creation (and Yankees Lite in terms of their effect on baseball.) Screw em!

• Admin

I agree. The cubs themselves did nothing for me to dislike them, it's the fans. Before the 2003 season, I attended a game at Turner Field the previous time they made the playoffs. The braves got down early and the things that were said by cubs fans sitting around us bordered on fight worthy. They were talking about the braves, the south, mothers, fathers, nothing was off limits.

That is until the 9th inning when Javy hit a homer to tie the game and we went to extras and beat them.

Quote:

I agree. The cubs themselves did nothing for me to dislike them, it's the fans. Before the 2003 season, I attended a game at Turner Field the previous time they made the playoffs. The braves got down early and the things that were said by cubs fans sitting around us bordered on fight worthy. They were talking about the braves, the south, mothers, fathers, nothing was off limits.

That is until the 9th inning when Javy hit a homer to tie the game and we went to extras and beat them.

1998, 3-0 sweep I think?