• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

EC teams need to up Chicago's price for Kobe.

mrhonline

In theory, yes, but in this case it doesn't matter because Kobe has to accept the trade. If he doesn't want to come to Atlanta, we could offer Joe Johnson, Josh Smith and Marvin Williams and it still wouldn't matter.

On a personal note, I'd love to make an offer just so I know that we are REALLY committed to winning.

Marvin Williams would obviously be a center piece of a trade and, IMO, he is as valuable as Ben Gordon who is strictly a combo guard who is going to demand $10+M. Are sides that we offer as good as Noah and Thomas, though? I think Childress and Smith both are way better than either of them but it would only matter if Lakers agreed.

Quote:

Your new avatar is painful!
banghead.gif

I think Gordon is strictly a scorer in a PG's body. He doesn't distribute, defend, or do the little things well enough to warrant that kind of dough. But he IS fun to watch when he's on fire.
munching_out.gif

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Gordon was a poor defender - now he is average. His height is a detriment, but thats why he guards PG's. He'll still get burned by a bigger player, but you give and take.

Gordon was a poor distributor - but with Hinrich and Duhon running the point he isn't really asked to.

What "little things" is he lacking? (This isn't an attempt to spur an argument - I'm curious how other teams fans rate Ben)

Quote:

What "little things" is he lacking?

I think he could contribute more to the "hustle" category (rebounds, deflections, loose balls, etc.) and work on that assist/turnover ratio. He's clearly quick and strong but I usually only see it on offense.

I don't think he deserves more money than Hinrich. twocents.gif

Quote:

I think he could contribute more to the "hustle" category (rebounds, deflections, loose balls, etc.) and work on that assist/turnover ratio. He's clearly quick and strong but I usually only see it on offense.

Fair enough - he is not nearly the defender his athleticism suggests he should be, that is certain. But I would add, that he has improved greatly. If he hadn't improved, he would still be riding the bench, stuck in Skile's doghouse (as he was alternately the 2 seasons prior)

Quote:

I don't think he deserves more money than Hinrich.
twocents.gif

Again, I'd agree - but for whatever it is worth - points are what get you paid in the NBA, and as long as Ben is filling the bucket and shooting 46%fg and 41% from 3 he is going to get his money... Even if Kirk is the better all-around player.

Quote:

The Lakers aren't going to give him away and Chi town is one of the few teams that have the talent to get him. His presence along with KG might help the sagging East.

I heard one of the PTI guys on espn bring up the Hawks - - -no way do we do that nor do I think we should. But Chicago might.

Honestly, I would dodge Ko-Bay like the plague. I think he is a arrogant cancer for any team that has a decent group of young guys to bank on. His shooting %age isn't good enough game-in, game-out. and he's gonna shoot - a lot.

i would love to have KOBE here. However, i wouldnt want to trade places w/ Lakers and have the Lakers team (Kobe) in a ATL uniform and have our core players in a Lakers uniform. Then it'll be no different and Kobe wouldnt accept the trade. As a team, we would not be better.

However, if you are to just give up 1 very good player, 1 promising player w/ great potential, and a future first... or something like that, i wouldnt mind.