May 21st...

The Ping Pong Balls fall.

1st Pick.... Denver Nuggets.

2nd pick.... Cleveland Cavs

3rd Pick..... Atlanta Hawks!!!!

4th PIck....Toronto Raptors

5th Pick....Miami Heat.

Draft Night.....

With the first pick of the draft, the Nuggets Choose....

LaBron James.

With the 2nd pick of the draft, the Cleveland Cavs Choose...

Carmello Anthony.

With the 3rd Pick of the draft, the Atlanta Hawks Choose...

T J Ford!!!!!

Yep, I would choose Ford of Darko, Bosh, and Kaman. Having Ford gives us Possibilities. I think he's the next Jason Kidd... ONly faster. The quesition is His size... and would I get rid of JT?

His Size makes me say.... Hmmm. He's not that big. That means that he and JT can't be lined up as 1/2 without us playing Zone the whole time. That might be possible because this one thing is for sure... Speed Kills. JT + TJ would be the fastest Backcourt ever.

However, if we did get TJ and Kept JT, we would have to move BIg Dog for an athletic SF. NOT Ira. I mean somebody who can run.

Here's what I would do.

I would call and see if GS is interested in Big Dog for Jamison. I hear that Jamison will be left out for the supplemental draft.

I would see what we could get for Dog and play DJ as SF?

I would see if it's possible to trade Big Dog/CC to PTL for Woods/Mouse.

That would be interesting.

TJ/JT/Woods/SAR/Theo.

We better run!

I don't trust him. He can't shoot that well, and the three point line's only moving out for him. As is the quickness of the game, the height of the players...

I agree to an extent with Hotlanta on this one...I'm dreadfully scared of his becoming a slightly better version of Brevin Knight...

A backcourt of him and JT would not be possible.

"A backcourt of him and JT would not be possible."

-if the smaller guard cant shoot an open shot, NO WAY IT WILL WORK.

Bobby Jackson + Mike Bibby works since both can penetrate/dish/shoot. Same w/ Baron Davis and David Wesley.

Both small guards have to be able to shoot.... even if they are able to shoot, its still a gamble. But if 1 guard cant shoot, it has NO CHANCE of happening.

Weren't you the person to say that Theo would be far more effective teamed with a BIG PF? Would you really pass up a 7' Darko who everyone continues to rave about (although, I'm not sure who's actually seen him play)? On top of his size, he's really young, so he has all that potential everyone loves to talk about. I know that Tskitishvili also had a ton of potential, but, unlike him, Darko actually plays significant minutes on his Euroleague team. And, we can play him behind Reef for the majority of the season, and, if he's getting the hang of NBA basketball (and turns out to have the passing ability I've read about), maybe Reef can be traded to a team that could use a very good PF.

Of course, if Darko is actually very slow (even if he has decent speed for his size), TJ Ford is fine. Speed is a wonderful feature to have, and, if you're going to be a small team no matter what, you might as well be fast.

I haven't heard enough about Darko, but if he has any potential of being like Dirk, then we should get him. If we can't get someone to bite on Dog, his contract is up in two years. In that time, Drako could get some good subbing time and learn the American game from SAR (who was teaching DJ) and Theo, not Dog. Then, in two years, he replaces Dog.

JT

DJ or DG

Darko

SAR

Theo

Besides, we just drafted a supposedly fast PG in Dickau. We can run the zone when he starts to produce.

DD

JT

DJ or Ira

SAR

Theo

• Premium Member

Well, I can only go by what I have seen. I haven't seen Darko... However, I remember the hype on Tskittsville. At 17, Darko might be the s---. However, I have seen TJ Ford and I tell you the truth... He's FAST and he has the court vision of Kidd. More importantly, we have REEF, but we need some PG help.

I remember Brevin in College. Brevin Knight was Good. HE was a great Leader at Standford and he's still NOT bad. The size issue is hard.. But Brevin with all of his leadership ability never had the court vision that TJ has. I don't think Kidd at Cal had this kind of Court Vision.

Just imagine if Jason Kidd was faster??

Now, if it were just a pure PG that tickled my fansy, then Coaches Son Heinrich would be my choose. BUT I see TJ Ford as a play maker.

15 ppg, 7.7 apg, 2.0 spg...

Brevin Knight...

14 ppg, 6.8 apg, 2.8 spg.

and that's after 4 years. IN his Rookie season, Knight was 11 ppg, 5.8 apg, 2.0 spg.

Guest Walter

If the chips should fall as you described we should go for Darko or Anthony, whoever remains, PERIOD.

As far as TJ...1st our team doesn't need a Pg with JT (as long as we get rid of Big Hog) and 2nd, while I like TJ, he absolutely cannot shoot to save his life. 3rd, I'm skeptical of his size and height allowing him to be a player to measure up to star (top 3 pick) status.

I would rather us just trade G Rob and anything else drafted in addition to that, whether we win the lottery or not, is a tremendous improvement for us.

BTW, why does everyone think Howard is so low in alot of pre draft reports? I've seen him even listed as a 2nd rder!?! What a steal he would be at 21 as far as I'm concerned.

W