• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anyone know the terms of Jefferson's deal?

Packfill

Quote:

Whatever his extension looks like should frame the parameters for what Smoove gets.

Jefferson is in a unique situation. He got more cards than any other player from class of 2004 because Wolves has something to show for Garnett. Besides, he is a legit big man, unlike Smoove/Deng/Gordon etc.

Quote:

5 yrs., $65M with incentives to push it to $70M according to the Wolves' RealGM board.

That's probably right around his market value. And Smith's.

Ouch. Like jerrywest indicated, Jefferson is a legit big man so that ways in his favor but Smoove's numbers compare very favorably to Jefferson's so it will obviously cause Smoove's agent to ask for at least the same amount of money.

• Admin

Once again overpaid. Overpaid Contracts this season going to Martin, Lewis and now Jefferson really is hurting our chances of resigning our people.

Jefferson has the talent but he is so injury prone. He can't stay healthy. I wouldn't want to give him that much money until he can prove he can stay healthy a whole season. If he was going to get that much anyway, I would have waited until next summer to give it to him (since no one else would have paid more then that). I would want to see him play 74+ games first before giving him 13 - 14 million.

Smith is not the same type of player as Jefferson either. He is not a low post pf/c hybrid. His contract should be around 10 if he has a good year.

• Admin

No its not his market value. Smith is not low post big man who can score and defend. He is a slasher that can block shots. He is much more redundant then Jefferson and as a result I don't think he should be getting that kind of money. His market value is at the most 10 million a season.

• Premium Member

I think you really need to look at Smoove again:

He's one of two players who is top ten in every category other than Points but manages to score over 18 ppg. (Shawn Marion is the other)...

That's a huge deal...

Al Jefferson has barely had one impressive season?