• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

FSN and Charter.....................

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

Friday morning I checked the lineup for my zipcode and it showed the Hawks on tn channel 72. So I called Charter to verify the Hawks were on and I was told positively the Hawks were going to be on. I then called Fox Sports south and they checked my zip and said yep the game definitely will be on. Well at 7:00 the Hawks preview came on and I watched that to get ready for the game. Went and got my beer ready. We at 7:30 the game starts to come on.............for 15 seconds and then a pause came, then some show about Wake Forest football came on!!!

This has happened for three years in a row and I have had it. Anyone have any idea what I could do??? I'm reaching out here really frustrated, I've been a Hawk fan since 1977.

Each time I check with Charter and Fox Sports South, they both blame each other and say they will researh and call me back. I never get a call from either one.

Who's attention can I get or am I just out of luck.

BTW, I live 170 miles from Phillips Arena in TN.

• Premium Member

Quote:

If you're in TN, they may have you zoned into the Grizzlies' market.

Do you normally get their games when they're on FSN? I think it's usually one or the other...

There were just a couple of Grizzlie games last year and actually had one Hawk game until the middle of the 3rd quarter they switched to another show!

The thing that kills me in they have it on the schedule and both say the Hawks are in the viewing area. Memphis is 300 miles and Atlanta 170.

They do show the Nashville Predators hockey though and I hate hockey!

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have Charter cable because it's the only cable available where I live. Their customer service is AWFUL. If I had another cable option here I would switch instantly. Trust me, the only time Charter will ever call you is if you owe them money.

Your 100% correct. I just moved into a new house we had built and went with the "Charter Bundle" for 12 months for $99. Somehow that $99 turns out to be around $119 per month after all of their charges.

I know what your talking about, I'm currently in Clarksville. Ever since the Grizzlies and Predators came about I can't catch a Hawks game on FSN. For that matter, I shouldn't blame the Grizzlies but I will anyway. They just about always throw on a Predator game....or something else stupid. Charter always puts it off on the local station. I can't count the times I got prepped for a game only to be disappointed. chairs.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

when you get a chance check and see if you can view any Hawks game on NBA league pass. It is suppose to be free right now and delayed.....I tried and they have my area blacked out for not only the Hawks but also the Grizzlies games.

We must be in the same zone. How do you check league pass? If I could get the games I would subscribe.

Quote:

Quote:

when you get a chance check and see if you can view any Hawks game on NBA league pass. It is suppose to be free right now and delayed.....I tried and they have my area blacked out for not only the Hawks but also the Grizzlies games.

We must be in the same zone. How do you check league pass? If I could get the games I would subscribe.

Ordinarily you would be able to watch all the games online with LP (including local) but NBA.com is having technical difficulties right now. I have LP but can't watch any games online right now.

I posted a link on friday where you could watch the games online for free although i don't know how long it will last.

Quote:

I know what your talking about, I'm currently in Clarksville. Ever since the Grizzlies and Predators came about I can't catch a Hawks game on FSN. For that matter, I shouldn't blame the Grizzlies but I will anyway. They just about always throw on a Predator game....or something else stupid. Charter always puts it off on the local station. I can't count the times I got prepped for a game only to be disappointed.
chairs.gif

WOW . . I thoguht I was the only Hawk fan in Clarksville.

I agree, we kind of live in a bad area to see Hawks games on the regular. Thank God for Turner South switching to SportSouth, and putting over 1/2 of the Hawks games on there. For a while there, we only got like 10 Hawks games a year on TurnerSouth.

We may not ever get to see an FSN South Hawks game, because of the territorial restrictions, even though the TV listing do list the Hawks as coming on. We live in Predators country, so the Predators always get top priority.

We used to get all of the Grizzlies games on FSN South, but we don't even get many of those anymore, partially due to Griz games ( I think ) being on SportSouth as well. We will get an occasional Griz game beign shown on FSN South though.

They also have strange territorial rights regarding college games as well. I remember one time last year in which a scheduled SportSouth Hawks game was not shown . . to show an Arkansas Razorback basketball game where they were playing some scrub team like Gardner-Webb or something.

My question is this . . and some of you who have called SportSouth in the past, might want to ask them this. Why don't they just show a replay of the Hawks games during the day on SportSouth, that we can't see on FSN South?

Ish . . I've seen where the previous night's Thrashers and/or Carolina Panthers game have been on SportSouth. I wonder if Nashville Predator games are replayed in ATL on SportSouth.

That would be a viable solution for us. Just replay the Hawks FSN South game the following day in the areas that don't get to see them live. If ESPN can replay their games in the early morning hours, surely FSN or SportSouth can replay the Hawks.