• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Join us in the chatroom for LIVE Hawks/Nets talk!

chillzatl

LOL what do you mean a messenger?

like AIM? no man. this computer is on a huge network. they went as far as to take away yahoo fantasy sports this week all of a sudden.

i can't change anything on it. when I need something done it's cool. i call the help desk and you actually watch them doing stuff on your monitor to your computer from a remote location.

• Admin

well the first thing I thought of when you posted the error is that it's a firewall blocking the port. So if they've got you that locked down, that's probably the issue. If they block AIM/MSN/Yahoo messengers, I'd be 99% certain they're blocking IRC ports as well, which is what our chat network is.

Try going to www.chat4all.net. At the top you'll see their chat applet. put in your nickname and hit connect. See if it connects, if it does type in /part #lounge , that will leave the default channel. then type /join #hawksquawk.

If none of that works they've likely just got you locked down and there's not much we can do to change that.

For some reason my computer and chat room doesn't want

to play nice together.

When I go there and sign in, it says to answer yes to

the question that comes up, but no question comes up!

I went there several times last season O.K.

blush.gif

• Admin

it could be that you don't have Java installed, go to www.java.com and see if it reports you're ok there. If so, in IE go to tools/options/security and click on trusted sites. Then click sites and put in HTTP://*.hawkquawk.net and click add.

if it says only sites iwth HTTPS are allowed, uncheck the box at the bottom and try again.