• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Yi Fans Rejoice

Gambit99

Some of you may remember I had that pre-draft conversation with BK and he talked about Yi...and I wanted Yi. I'm not complaining about getting Horford. Actually I think it was best that we picked Horford, but at the time I was chanting Yi/Law draft.

Anyway, Yi started off badly (like most rookies), but do I now jump up and down and sing the ROY because of one game against Chi. No, but I am glad to see him have a 16pt 8rd 2st 2bk game. The point is how so many here live and die on player based on one game. There are daily threads about this player and that player that we need based on one game of the last few years I've been reading this board.

Now guys like Marvin, Chill, Paul, D Williams and Deng have shown who they are or more than likely will be and that's fine. Then there are those that people screamed about us drafting or trading for Charlie V, C Fry, Foyle, that little midget pg in Denver and other who hasn't done crap since. Other's still deserve more time before we fall al over ourselve like Shelden, Milsap to name two.

All I'm saying is give some of these player time and the right SYSTEM and some of them will be ballers. I had always wanted Diop and Chandler when other didn't. If we had picked them up, we'd be the best defensive team period. So give Yi time and teams like Memphis will be pissed off (after the break and next year Yi, Gasol & Darko would be hell offensively and blocking wise, post defense not so much, but that can be taught)

Game time

Quote:

no way i will trade yi for horford now.

Most probably would not have traded Yi for Booozer after Boozer's rookie season either. But man look at Boozer now! I think Horford has a great chance to match Boozer's rookie numbers (10 pts, 7 boards, 25 minutes a game) but the pts and boards will be reversed if he gets Boozer's rookie minutes.

And as far as need goes, we needed a ten board a game man more than any team in the NBA. Horford is that man...

Quote:

Horford>>>Yi

Skill wise

need wise

for the hawks.

the end.

Actually, a forward tandem of JS/Yi is a perfect compliment to each other. If you look at my tag our greater "need" was a superstar prospect and a distinct mismatch advantage. I like Horford but I don't think we got either or an NBA center.

W

Quote:

Actually, a forward tandem of JS/Yi is a perfect compliment to each other. If you look at my tag our greater "need" was a superstar prospect and a distinct mismatch advantage. I like Horford but I don't think we got either or an NBA center.

W

Actually more than anything we needed a big down low capable of getting defensive rebounds which Horford has shown he is capable of doing ever since the first game.

We also do not get nearly intimidated inside the paint with him.

Im glad Yi can make perimeter jump shots but that is not what we needed

Quote:

Im glad Yi can make perimeter jump shots but that is not what we needed

Are you sure about that? Actually, I have been very impressed with Horford so far. However, in the long run I think Someone with Yi's skillset would be more valuable. I don't think Yi was the guy. His head is not right. He can do it all but doesn't seem to have much court awareness.

We do need another tall shooter. Especially with Woody's no ball movement jump shooting attack. Smoove is getting worse, not better and Marvin has no range. That leaves exactly one player who can get his shot off behind the line with someone on him or charging. That's not enough at the NBA level, imo.

Quote:

Quote:

Horford>>>Yi

Skill wise

need wise

for the hawks.

the end.

Actually, a forward tandem of JS/Yi is a perfect compliment to each other.

W

Huh? All of Yi's points are coming either from stand still jumpers or garbage points. He has no inside game at all and can't take anyone off the dribble.

The only difference between his game now and the CBA games i watched is that now he is actually making his jumpers.