• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woody's done by Thanksgiving

Sasquatch

This guy is a joke. Marvin comes out smokin while Joe is starting slow and who is the first man to hit the pine? Marvin! How is it that after seeing so many teams triple up on Joe he still has no answer. There is absoluetly no movement when they do that. If Joe starts out struggling put him in the post so he can get some rythm. Furthermore, if Marvin comes out smokin RUN SOME DAWGONE PLAYS FOR HIM!!!!!

What I can't understand is that time and time again we have a point guard that has a live dribble yet he just hands the ball to Smoove out beyond the key. What are they expecting Smoove to do from that far out that the point can't? As for the long rebounds on the 3s try keeping your hands up for starters!!! It's garbage like this that leads to flat performances like this!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

This guy is a joke. Marvin comes out smokin while Joe is starting slow and who is the first man to hit the pine? Marvin! How is it that after seeing so many teams triple up on Joe he still has no answer. There is absoluetly no movement when they do that. If Joe starts out struggling put him in the post so he can get some rythm. Furthermore, if Marvin comes out smokin RUN SOME DAWGONE PLAYS FOR HIM!!!!!

What I can't understand is that time and time again we have a point guard that has a live dribble yet he just hands the ball to Smoove out beyond the key. What are they expecting Smoove to do from that far out that the point can't? As for the long rebounds on the 3s try keeping your hands up for starters!!! It's garbage like this that leads to flat performances like this!

All I can say is my give a damn is just about busted.

Quote:

This guy is a joke. Marvin comes out smokin while Joe is starting slow and who is the first man to hit the pine? Marvin!

I have been saying this for the past 4 years. Woodson has TIMED SUBSTITUTIONS, he subs the same people in and out at the exact same time of every game. That's called not knowing how to make adjustments. Woody will sub out someone when his stopwatch goes off, REGARDLESS of how well the player is playing. It's probably the worst thing I hate about Woody.

Quote:

Quote:

This guy is a joke. Marvin comes out smokin while Joe is starting slow and who is the first man to hit the pine? Marvin!

I have been saying this for the past 4 years. Woodson has TIMED SUBSTITUTIONS, he subs the same people in and out at the exact same time of every game. That's called not knowing how to make adjustments. Woody will sub out someone when his stopwatch goes off, REGARDLESS of how well the player is playing. It's probably the worst thing I hate about Woody.

wow i never noticed that,but it seems like it

What a FRIGGIN outrage. Marvin had 5 points in middle of the first qtr, Hawks had 10 points total. Marvin scored half of our points and Woody just YANKS HIM. Are you an IDIOT WOODY?

YOU'RE FIRED.

P.S. yes I know there are many many many reasons why we lost tonight but this has been a problem for 4 years and clearly it isn't gonna be fixed. This problem alone is why we will lose MANY games with WOODY NO GOODY at the helm.

Quote:

Quote:

I agree. It does look like Woody has timed substitutions. Here's the problem though, if that's the case why does he need to take the floor with the team? Why not just give the sub sheet to Speedy ( or me for that matter, I'm doin just as much as him), because he definately is not calling offensive plays. How does Marvin come out and torch them for 13 in the first half and finish with exactly 13 in the end. To make matters worse, the last game Marvin finished with like 75% shooting and only gets 12 shots? I have not seen the stats by I'm thinking tonite was a similar debacle!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:

Believe it or not Atlas, almost every coach on every level of basketball does that, especially in the 1st half of games. Marvin comes out midway in the 1st, so that JJ can come out with about 2 minutes left in the 1st to give him a breather. Marvin almost always goes back in for JJ.

But my problem with Woody this game, is that he left his most explosive offensive weapon on the bench tonight, and stuck with Lue and Law, who just didn't have it tonight. Even JJ didn't have it going tonight.

And Marvin should've been back into this game at the 5 minute mark. No less than the 4 minute mark . . replacing either Lue or Horford.

Like him or not, a guy like Salim Stoudamire could've gotten us back into that game, if he came out hot. Ish . . we were down 14 anyway, so why stick with an ice cold Lue and Law, but leave Salim on the bench?

He just can't leave bullets in his gun like that.

I'll reinterate what I said before the season.

If the Hawks have less than 6 wins at the end of the month . . OR . . if at any time we fall 8 games below .500, Woody HAS to be fired. No if's, and's, or but's about it.

Quote:

Quote:

It looks like his subs pattern are for Lue to play most of the 4th and then at the last 1 min mark, sub in Law. This has happened the last two games and I wouldn't be surprise if he did this again tomorrow. Watch for it.

I used to try to defend this guy but he is so far beyond that with how bad he is.

Not only did we sub out Marvin but what the hell happened to pushing the ball up the floor????

I mean here we have a team where even the gosh damn Center can push the ball up the floor, yet we go completely away from that style of play.

Quote:

Quote:

LOL we're 1-2 and have played 3 straight playoff teams, and you are almost done. Not surprising. If the Hawks went 82-0 you'd be pissed because we didn't hold teams scoreless.

Dude. I see what you are saying about the 1-2, but keep in mind nobody is actually trippin' about the record that is the win loss column. The outrage here is the "broken record" that is Woody's continued trash. It's the same ol' stuff we're seeing that is drivin people nuts.

It seems to me teams ran the same defense at Joe last year, still no answer. Smoove finished with nice numbers, but still the shot selection. We gave up long rebounds like that last year and guys still R not getiing hands up when the shot goes up. Still no motion on offense. Still no respect from the refs. The list goes on.

It's not the win/loss column right now, it's this neverending pattern of behavior that will ultimately lead to problems with the w/l column and then it may be too late.

Quote:

Believe it or not Atlas, almost every coach on every level of basketball does that, especially in the 1st half of games.

northcyde, the thing is, the other coaches (the SMART ones) may stick to a SOMEWHAT timed sub, but they know how to make adjustments. When someone is playing exceptionally well, you don't take them out just because you wrote down pregame that should be when they come out. If you MUST take that player out, then get them back in as quickly as possible. This is something that Woody knows nothing about.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL we're 1-2 and have played 3 straight playoff teams, and you are almost done. Not surprising. If the Hawks went 82-0 you'd be pissed because we didn't hold teams scoreless.

Dude. I see what you are saying about the 1-2, but keep in mind nobody is actually trippin' about the record that is the win loss column. The outrage here is the "broken record" that is Woody's continued trash. It's the same ol' stuff we're seeing that is drivin people nuts.

It seems to me teams ran the same defense at Joe last year, still no answer. Smoove finished with nice numbers, but still the shot selection. We gave up long rebounds like that last year and guys still R not getiing hands up when the shot goes up. Still no motion on offense. Still no respect from the refs. The list goes on.

It's not the win/loss column right now, it's this neverending pattern of behavior that will ultimately lead to problems with the w/l column and then it may be too late.

I'm not defending Woodson at all. He sucks. My comment was directed solely at Hotlanta who is the biggest hater I've ever seen, anywhere.

Quote:

Quote:

This is so right, Woody is over himself.

biggun.gif GET HIM OUT OF HERE!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm not defending Woodson at all. He sucks. My comment was directed solely at Hotlanta who is the biggest hater I've ever seen, anywhere.

The term "hater" is only meaningful if the one that is the one being "hated on" is actually good or has accomplished something.

Quote:

Lol so basically Woody is a robot.

Timed substitutions?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard!

No wonder we can never keep any momentum!

No wonder the Nets go on 3-4 10 point runs.

Freaking dumb a-- has timed substitutions

Bus . . I'll make a bet with you.

I'll bet you that tomorrow night, Barbosa will enter the game between the 5 - 7 minute mark in the 1st quarter . . probably for Grant Hill . . no matter how well or how bad Hill is playing. If Hill is playing bad, he won't come out until that 5 - 7 minute mark.

( NOTE: The bet is off, if either Nash, Bell, or Hill picks up 2 quick fouls, and is subbed out for Barobosa, before the mandatory timeout in the 1st quarter . . which happens after the 1st dead ball after the 7 minute mark. )

If Barbosa comes in during that time . . you don't post on Hawksquawk AT ALL on Thursday and Friday. If he comes in later, or much earlier, I'll do the same.

Bet?

The problem is that the ASG are just as bad as Woody. How long have we all been calling for him to be fired? And nothing ever happens.

We hear up tempo but you know Woody doesn't coach up tempo. Every team in the league wants the Hawks to play at a slow pace and Woody complies.

His sub patterns are beyond hope. He has no feel at all for substitution patterns. Marvin should never have come out early, no coach removes his hot hand Northcyde. That issue isnt debatable.

I remember he used to start Ivey and pull Ivey at the same point in every 1st quarter and then Ivey would hardly play again the rest of the night. What the hell is that? Just bizarre.

Look, the Hawks are young, deep, and talented. But as long as Woody is the coach we will be leaving a lot on the table. But, remember, the owners are just as clueless. If Woody is kept this season will be lost, and the longer he's around the deeper the hole. The big problem is also that nobody but an assistant could even take the job at this late date.

I literally cancelled my season tix after 22 years because of Woodson. Woodson couldnt coach the Jordan Bulls to a title.