• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What position(s) do u think we need to address?

cyman3

the most?

As of now:

PG- Terry, Email

SG- Johnson, Glover

SF- Newble, Kukoc, Crawford

PF- Abdur-Rahim, Henderson, Smith

C- Ratliff, Mohammed

i dont see room enough for a second rounder, JV, Mottola, or Bowdler.

I think our main concern is at SG (Johnson still not ready?). I think Johnson should be our 6th man this year and we should try to get a PRIME TIME SG (Eddie Jones would be nice).

If the world was perfect, we could get Jones with just KUKOC + SCRUBS

I think Slim was just starting to show us what he had at the end of last season. I have no worries about sticking him in there at the 2...

...or 3 if we trade for a SG. I think the only position we really need to address is the SG/SF. I say that because Dermarr has the ability to play the 2 or 3.

It's really a blessing that we have guys with so much versatility. JT at 1 or 2. E-Mail at 1 or 2. Slim at 2 or 3. Newbie at 2 or 3. 'Reef at 3 or 4. Theo/Nazr/Leon at 4 or 5. It gives us a lot of freedom to play along with rotations.

Anyway, if we do make a trade, I hope it would be for a 2 or 3 (Jones/Mash/Spree). If not, I'd pick up Prince if he slips to us in the draft. Or, just get a solid banger off the bench.

Which means a stronger bench.

I have faith with the players in our starting lineup.

but when the bench comes in, i start getting worried

We need to have good players get off the bench. This year, we gonna have people like MOHAMMED + KUKOC + E DAVIS(starters of last year) come off the bench.

This should be our turnaround season!

Toni is fairly worthless now and Email just plain sucks.He

would only start for one other coach in the league.That

doesn't say alot to him.

We need to get Murrey or Marshall to start at SF.

• Admin

We've got a young PG who is getting better every day. We have a young SG who plays D and is getting better every day. We have a gritty SF who can chip in points and play D against the best in the league. We have an All-star PF who should get better as his team improves. And we have a young, excellent defensive center who, if his training pays off, should give us something few teams in this league have. I'm content to give these guys some time to improve and see how far they can grow. It has worked for other teams that are currently at the top and it could work for us.

The real question marks for us are in bench depth. Everyone liked to talk how we had this talented bench last season but the truth is it was only deep and talented on paper. Every one of those guys, except JV, was wildly inconsistant and would have had a hard time earning minutes off the bench for a better team.

I think we have an excellent backup C in Nazr and a solid backup PG in E.Davis. APart from that we are nothing but questin marks. Hanno, Bowdler, glover and CC are quesion marks and have yet to prove they can come in off the bench and provide anything consistant. If we give our young stars the time to grow and improve (which showed results last season) and improve our bench I like our chances.

Now this doesn't mean we stand pat and don't improve in spots that could use it (SF). But I don't see any need to do anythign rash at this moment. Newble can still improve and give us everything we need to match the growth of this team for another year or two. After that it's wait and see. But if he can improve to the point of giving us a consistant 12-13ppg up from his 8-9ppg of last year, then we'll be fine.

SF - First

SG - Second.

BU PG - Third.

C - FOurth.

These are our top 4 priorities. SF because.. We cannot really count on Toni. We need another scorer.

SG. IS it Slim or do we move him to the 3. Is it Glover or is he trade bait. Do we put Theo out there for a guy like Eddie Jones?? I'm working that deal!!

I'm pretty happy with what we'll have next year. I wouldnt mind a trade, especially one that would get us a proven third scoring option but I'm slowly starting to think that may not happen. If we cant make a big move then I'd most like to see us pick up a SG or SF that we could count on to hit the outside shot. I think we could even get this in the draft as long as we go for a mature college player like Juan Dixon or maybe one of the Europeans.

I think we could use some help at the small forward position. IMHO, we need more than just 9-11 points a game from the starting position in order to become playoff contenders. It's one thing if Shaq was on the roster; completely different with this lineup, no disrespect to SAR and JT. I feel its been a position where the Hawks have been lacking for years, since you-know-who got traded. Look at the folks we've had there ever since; Stacey Augmon, Ken Norman, Ty Corbin, Laphonso Ellis, Jim Jackson....'nuff said already. I also wouldn't mind seeing a shooter finally arrive on the squad as well. I know Terry can fill it up with anyone but how about that one guy off the bench that everyone in the building knows not to leave open, like Steve Kerr or Dell Curry were in their prime (wait a minute, they're still playing? Hmm..) When was the last time the Hawks have had that kind of 3-point weapon coming from the bench?

What about the Clippers' Piatkowski? He's a good veteran shooter who could give us a three-point threat off the bench? Of course, the Clippers are probably going to trade up for a higher pick, but he might still be available without costing us JT, Theo, or SAR.