• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has anyone heard who the Hawks will carry at Shaw?

KB21

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, why would anyone want to be a thug? Thats like being a wannabe taliban member. Thugs are worthless pieces of trash that this country doesnt need. Just because Miami intimidates other teams, especially the Gators, does not make then wanna be thugs.

Tell me, when was the last time UF beat Miami? Why has UF repeatedly REFUSED to put Miami on their schedule? Because they CANNOT BEAT MIAMI!!!!!

Did you forget the Sugar Bowl less than 2 years ago? Let me provide this recap for you......

a-wayne-mifl-010201.jpg

In reply to:

NEW ORLEANS - The Miami Hurricanes can call themselves Sugar Bowl champions. National champions would be nice, too.

Playing for a possible share of the national title, the No. 2 Hurricanes defeated No. 7 Florida 37-20 Tuesday night, with Ken Dorsey passing for 270 yards and fullback Najeh Davenport scoring two touchdowns.

Miami (11-1), hoping for a performance that would give voters in the Associated Press media poll reason to name them No. 1, struggled early before finally putting away the Gators (10-3).

The Hurricanes won the in-state battle that turned into a Bourbon Street brawl, and now must wait another day to see whether the victory will mean yet another split championship in college football.

"I feel like we are champions regardless," Miami receiver Santana Moss said. "We did what we had to do. I'm going to root for Florida State, because they're in the state. If they don't do their part, I won't be mad."

The issue of a split title is moot, of course, if No. 1 Oklahoma defeats No. 3 Florida State in the Orange Bowl on Wednesday, in the Bowl Championship Series national title game.

But if 12-point favorite Florida State wins, the AP title is up for grabs and the voters will have to decide whether Miami is their champion.

"We beat the No. 1 team in the nation, the No. 2 team in the nation and six teams with winning records," Miami coach Butch Davis said, recalling a season that included victories over Florida State and Virginia Tech. "I think our kids deserve every opportunity to be called national champions."

Miami held a considerable 53-point lead over Florida State in the last AP poll.

Were the Hurricanes impressive enough?

Not until Davenport scored with 4:21 left after Florida quarterback Rex Grossman's second interception of the night was this game secure. Hurricanes' mascot Sebastian the Ibis sensed it, running onto the field and drawing a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

A few minutes later, the Hurricanes were jumping around at midfield. Then the wait began. Dorsey said he'll be watching the Orange Bowl intently.

"If Florida State wins, we have a great shot at being co-national champions," Dorsey said. "If Oklahoma does it, we can't do anything about that. They'd have my vote for fighting through the tough season they had."

Miami hopes to get credit for a small comeback of its own.

After a Dorsey interception, Florida went ahead 17-13 on Earnest Graham's 36-yard touchdown run early in the third quarter.

But the sophomore quarterback responded by moving Miami 80 yards in 12 plays, capped by a 19-yard touchdown to D.J. Williams. A third-down, roughing-the-passer penalty by Gerard Warren kept that drive going.

After Florida stalled, Daryl Jones returned a punt 44 yards to put the Hurricanes in striking range, then Davenport responded with the play of the game.

Linebacker Marcus Oquendo-Johnson had perfect coverage on Davenport and looked like the intended receiver, but the fullback reached over his helmet and snatched the ball away for a 10-point lead.

Another impressive point for the Hurricanes: They won with their leading rusher, James Jackson, injured most of the games and Moss playing with a hurting back.

"They're a better team than us," Florida coach Steve Spurrier said.
"They made more plays when they had to. They played with more discipline and more purpose. They're just a lot better team than we are."

Among the factors voters will consider when they decide on a champion: Florida State's 30-7 victory over Florida in the final regular-season game and, of course, Miami's 27-24 win over the Seminoles back in October.

They'll also look at a 10-game winning streak, an offense that averaged 42 points a game and a defense that made big plays when it had to all season.

Miami showed parts of all that against Florida - but also failed to capitalize on abundant opportunities.

A lot of this may have had to do with Florida, an overlooked underdog that came into this game hoping to get a good start on next season.

Spurrier was at his devious best. On two occasions, he pulled out one of his favorite tricks, the Emory & Henry Formation, where only three offensive linemen remain near the ball on the line of scrimmage. He uncharacteristically looked toward his running game to provide power, and it did.

When Graham scored on the play after Keiwan Ratliff's interception early in the third quarter, the Gators had the lead and the Hurricanes were simply concerned with winning the game, not the national title.

"Florida has too many great playmakers to shut them down," Davis said. "They're going to make some plays. You have to withstand the storm and minimize the damage."

Experience helped the Hurricanes do just that, and they started to look like champions toward the end.

Clinton Portis ran for 98 yards, most after Jackson went out, to keep the Miami offense moving. Moss had 89 yards in receptions even though he was hurting.

Jeremy Shockey, who caught the winning touchdown in Florida State, caught four passes and one touchdown, which gave the Hurricanes a 10-7 lead early.

Miami won its 10th straight since its 34-29 loss to Washington put it in what coach Butch Davis called a "single-elimination" situation.

This was no playoff - that's several years away - but the Hurricanes felt they had done everything they could to add to the national titles they won in 1983, '87, '89 and 91.

This was, however, a once-fierce rivalry that had been on hold for 13 seasons.

The Gaydors might not even finish in the top 10 this year. They got damn lucky that Grossman decided to stay, but with Berlin and Spurrier jumping ship, plus losing some of their best playmakers and having a new coach they will be hurting this year. As usual they will be the 3rd best team in Florida, and ARR you are right UGA would kill them.

Well let me tell you I am on the fiel at every practice and everygame and you better get ready, because the age of Donnan is over.

No longer will the players be doing their own thing and cutting practice short etc..

Donnan had no control over the team how can you have Champ Bailey, Seymour, Stroud, Quincy Carter, Kendrell Bell etc.. on a team and not challenge for the National Championship?

Richt has righted this ship and these boys are working hard. Not only does he work the boys but he also cares about them. Coaches have Bible study together as do the players and you are held responsible for what ever you do. Whoever you are you get on the Richt ship or your gone plain and simple. There is no special treatment for Quincy Carter's.

I am just warning you look out. The Big Dawgs are coming.

When was the last time the Gators beat the Canes? As fas as Berlin is concerned, he isnt our starter. You might remember the Heisman finalist Ken Dorsey? The guy that torched your team in the Sugar Bowl and made a mockery of college football last year without his 2 best WRs Santana Moss and Reggie Wayne.......live in denial if you want, but everyone knows the Gators are the 3rd best college team in Florida.......but please answer that question above and also tell me why Florida refused for so many years to put Miami on their schedule. I know both of those answers, but I want to see if you do.

Jay you are from the class of 92? If I remember right isnt that the year that all those rapes were going on in Gainesville? Man that was a sorry time for me because my GF at the time was going to school there and I was always worried about that.

Sorry to hear about you being a Gator though, but I guess it could be worse, you could have been a semihole. wink.gif

I'm not the guy that called the MVP a sissy you are.Maybe

you are just a idiot.Go and post crap like that on other message

boards and watch people laugh at you're rundown self.

Calling allstars and MVP's sissies.Who many allstar apperances

and MVP's is in you're trophy case?That's right...NONE.You

know nothing about the NBA.Well,only putting down players

that would school you in a basketball game.

Second,I don't even watch college football that much I just

wanted to see what you would say...but I do know one

thing,the Gators suck a fat one.lol

Also talking about how people that live in burbs don't work

hard.I can tell my dad putting in 43 years is likely alot more

hardwork than you have ever done.

And yet,you call me a hater for not liking somebody that "earns"

their money when you basically disrepect a man who has gave

43 years of his life to hard work at his job.Seems to me you

have lots of problems.

But I know nothing about nothing right?

I will remember"If he can't play at rucker park he shouldn't be playing"

Who would even want to go around the skanks at rucker park.Talk

about trash.Why don't one of you're rucker park guys go win a MVP.lol

Very foolish indeed.

Okay Gator Hater, I will tell you why Miami got dropped. B/c they of atheletic administrators not fear as you imply. Notice we didn't play Miami in Basketball either.

Besides if Tenn hadn't got lucky this year you would have played us and you wouldn't have that sissy championship your so proud of. We will see what happens this season.

GO GATORS.

PS Even if we are 3rd in sports we are securely 1st in academics, UGA is garbage,#1 reason I turned down the scholarship, and UM is a 30K/year waste of money. Shows there idiots they never recruited me. Anyway I will bet we take you out in everysport, we aready beat you in baseball. LOSERS!!!!

And because you can offer nothing but insults as usual without being able to intelligently debate something I would suspect no less.....but if you can ever find a way to act like an intelligent person then please feel free to answer when the last time the Gators Football Team beat the Miami Football Team?

By the way I could care less about the baseball or basketball teams at Miami. I am not a Miami basketball fan and I am impartial to the baseball team as I really dont enjoy college baseball much.

Stop whining

You really remind me of Pat Buchannan Always whining about how the American worker got screwed. Lets see you go to UGA, which proves your no scholar.

But while I've got you what do you know about Alain Digbeu I know he is from Europe but I hear he isn't a sissy baller though. What do you know about him and what is your take on him.

PS WHat do you know about me? Nothing. But I know Your "MY WORST NIGHTMARE" Oooh Im sooo afraid.

I thought you were talking about the entire atheletic program. It would take hours to enumerate the litany of reasons for the Canes probable defeat. But I will say this, And I know it for a fact, the Gators didn't play their A game against Miami a couple of years ago.

If youre not a Gator you're Gatorbait.

PS WHat do you know about me? Nothing. But I know Your "MY

WORST NIGHTMARE" Oooh Im sooo afraid."

Why don't you answer my questions...How many years of hard

work have you put in?How many trophies do you have?Or do

you hang around Rucker Park all day with the thugs?They spend

their days trying to get a buck playing a basketball GAME while

REAL people WORK for a living.

Basketball=GAME

Job=REAL WORK

"What do you know about him and what is your take on him."

Well I know it was a second round pick about 5 years ago and