• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Has anyone heard who the Hawks will carry at Shaw?

KB21

I can't find anything on it.

The players that I've heard or read will definitely be playing for Atlanta in the Shaw Summer League:

Dan Dickau

DerMarr Johnson

Chris Crawford

Leon Smith

Theo Ratliff

As far as new players, I've heard:

Udonis Haslem

Miles Simon

Cookie Belcher

Alain Digbeu

Has anyone heard of any other players that will be playing for Atlanta in the Shaw Summer League?

Miles Simon might have a shot at making the team. Check out his CBA stats from last season:

23.0 ppg, 5.1 apg, 51.5% FG%, 46.5% 3P%

As far as Dion Glover goes, his basketball camp coincides with the Shaw League, so I doubt he will be playing.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect that Haslem will make the cut, but there have been some interesting developments...

One of which is Cookie Belcher's agent have removed him from the Hawks summer plans due to the Dickau drafting.

He didn't want to compete against anyone, so maybe its for the best....

The Hawks have Dickau, Johnson, Glover, and Crawford going from the main team...

Chris Carr, Bryant Notree, Alvin Mims, Rick Hughes, Mario Bennett, Chris Christofferson, Casey Shaw, Miles Simon, C. Brewer, L. Bullock, and G. Brown will all come to ATL to work out to try and go to Shaw....

I am going to write a piece about it for next Monday...Very basic, and not likely to be more than what you just read...lol...

How is Glover going to play when his basketball camp is at the same time?

Chris Carr has NBA experience. A couple of names that jump out, other than the ones I've mentioned, are Elvin Mims and Casey Shaw.

Chris Christofferson is another Todd MacCullough, IMO. He should have been drafted in the 2nd round, but he is a big oaf.

i think christoffersen should definitely come to camp..he's another big body to bang..

i think udonis would be good for the team..he's got a good attitude and would work really hard..a banger... also remember there was a guy named charles barkeley that was undersized and flourished...

no, i'm not comparing him to charles but using him as an example to show that if you work hard enough, you can flourish..rebounds and defense are our week points..

actually, Udonis Haslem was a wasted talent on the Gators. He is a solid NBA Power Forward. Would be a quality backup at worst. I hate the gators and loved that guy. If only NBA rules were simple enough to let you cut the excess baggage (Davis, mottola, etc) without salary cap hits. I'm under the impression though that Ratliff was going to play in the summer league. from the July 2nd Q. A. with Babs, here was his response.

Ask the Hawks GM - July 2

Q - "Who will recieve the majority of the playing time at the small foward position this coming season? Will it be split between Dermarr and Toni? As of now, who would be the starter? Also, will DerMarr play in the summer league and could that have an impact on his role this year? I want to commend the Hawks on what I consider their third consecutive successful draft. I forsee Dickau as a fixture in our lineup for years to come and David Anderson as a player who could blossom into a solid big man in the NBA. The only player who I would have rather seen taken would have been Grizzard. What was the deciding factor in passing on Grizzard in the second round? On a side note, I was a big fan of Smush Parker. How do you think he will fare as an undrafted free agent?" -- Michael Rice

A - Thank you for your comments. DJ will compete for time at big guard and small forward with Glover, Kukoc, Crawford and Newble at this point....barring any trade that might occur before we start the season. DJ, Crawford, Glover, Ratliff and Dickau are planning to play in the summer league. We passed on Grizzard due to our full roster and his injury. We will have 12 players if we re-sign Newble and we needed to select a player who would not come over this year to play. Also, our doctors felt that Grizzard will miss about 6 months and we need 12 healthy bodies this season after last year's struggles with injuries. Thanks for your interest.

So Demarr, Chris Crawford, Dion Glover, Dickau and Ratliff. Anyone know if this has changed and what is that source of knowledge?

Never disrespect the Gators again we are the finest college atheletes in the country. Football thru Women's Golf. I am proud to be part of that tradition.

You do make a good point about Haslem though, I said before I love Haslem's style of play. I just think that he has been misused so long at center. One of the big dissappointments for him was that Kwame Brown didnt come aboard. He was going to get to play PF when he came in. But believe me Haslem is going to be a project at PF. I could live with replacing Hanno for him, anybody who plays streetball deserves a chance.

-BlackHawkDown aka GatorHawk aka ATLGator

who disrespected the gators....I just personally can't root for em'....I live 30 miles from Athens.

But Haslem is a stud. He's a 1 year bench player to learn the NBA game and become familiar in PF block....but after that....he should be coming off someone's bench. That guy is a load. Reminds me alot of Charles Oakley in his youth. A banger with a body.

I don't know now Dolfan there are a lot of talented teams out their in Football. Georgia being one of them Miami better watch it's back.

I happen to work for the Football team at UGA and they are fool of talent.

What WR core compares to Terrence Edward, Damien Gary, Fred Gibson and Reggie Brown? And those are just the guys you have heard of.

Then at quarterback you have a two headed monster in David Greene and DJ Shockley.

The offensive line has 5 seniors on it. Stichcomb, Breedlove etc...

And of course there is Mark Richt calling the plays.

Yes Georgia is very talented. On my Miami Dolphins messageboard one of the main posters is a Bulldog fan and a Hurrican fan. I know full well how good Georgia is supposed to be........only time will tell, but I cant see anyone beating the Canes this year. They just have too much talent and the best coach in football.....

ATLien I like your post so I won't call you a loser but I will say this UGA is garbage. I had a full scholarship + HOPE money to go to UGA and didn't even think about taking it. I hated them going up (GO JACKETS). And now I really hate them after becoming a Gator. I have alot more to say and plenty more insults to throw out but since I like you I will leave it alone.

GO GATORS