HEY JOSH!!!!

Hawk88

There is a reason that you are wide open from the outside. YOU CAN'T SHOOT THE BALL!!!!!!!

Lord help me but this is painful to watch. He is hardly able to draw iron.

This really makes me wonder about his attitude. Can the coaches not tell him to shoot less frequently? Is he not coachable?

Help, it is totally frustrating.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I love it. The rest of the team has to combine for 50+% tonight to make up for his bad shooting.

Someone please make a youtube video of all his bricks this year, and shower all the NBA forums with its url.

His shot selection is very frustrating but he is a Hawk man! You can't tear him down like that. The fans aren't going to shame him into improving his game but they could make him bitter agaist the city.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I love it. The rest of the team has to combine for 50+% tonight to make up for his bad shooting.

Someone please make a youtube video of all his bricks this year, and shower all the NBA forums with its url.

His shot selection is very frustrating but he is a Hawk man! You can't tear him down like that. The fans aren't going to shame him into improving his game but they could make him bitter agaist the city.

Its good have AHF to calm me down. Thanks.

FWIW, he actually took a few nice shots inside that simply rolled out. Had he gotten the roll on them (he will most of the time) his percentages would've been much better. I wasn't too dissatisfied with his shot selection tonight with the exception of a FEW shots.

• Admin

It's hard to decide where to start with him. He obviously thinks he has the green light to throw up a shot or make a horrible looking drive to the hoop every time he touches the ball, but I'm not sure that's the biggest problem associated with him.

It bothers me that his team mates, mainly JJ, don't do anything to curtail this. I've seen JJ give them ball up to Josh because he as being pressure and despite JJ having the better position and more favorable matchup, he will move away from the ball and let Josh take it. This usually ends up being a bad 3pt attempt from 2ft behind the line or a weak layup attempt. I mean seriously, how can a guy with his athleticism be so inept when it comes to layups?

Another disturbing trend is that his coach never benches him for doing this stuff. He just stands there, arms crossed with that perpetual scowl but does nothing about the situation.

One thing that he does well is follow JJ, he's almost always the man to JJ's right when JJ has the ball, which sets him up perfectly to be the guy to get the pass and make a decsion on what to do next. Unfortunately he's just not making good decisions with it.

He needs someone on that team who will stand up and tell him enough is enough. We would shoot a higher percentage just by having him take fewer shots, that's how bad it is.

Quote:

Unfortunately, Josh is more a kid trying to earn a $12M paycheck than he is a Hawk. He's done that to himself. He's very talented but not playing for the team right now.

How does shooting below 39% from the PF position help your cause at a big pay day ?