• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Reef for #5 pick? and other ESPNInsider musings...

johnnyde

At least I think it would. This is still a 3 man draft with a significant dropoff (at least for now) after 3. I think Denver will take Carmelo at #3 and move Rodney White (or maybe Tskitishvilli) rather than trade for multiple picks. I know I would.

If we wanted to move from #5 to #3 (assuming we could make a deal with Miami), I think Denver would want #5 and probably JT for #3. I'd rather have Bosh and JT than Carmelo but Toronto may very well take Bosh at #4. I agree with you that I would NOT take Ford with the #5 as long as JT is around so if Toronto took Bosh, I'd look at Lampe or Kaman at #5.

Interesting stuff.

Kaman scares the living [censored] out of me. I haven't watched him play, but for someone to just "pop up" on the radar like he has, esp. playing inferior talent on a regular basis...well, I just wouldn't take him unless I'd seen a lot more game footage from him.

Everyone says he has game but I have to at least see some clips before I would even consider taking him at #5.

Lampe has performed well against Europe's best so I might lean toward him over Kaman but sight unseen, I would be leery of taking either of them at #5. That being said, I'd take one of the two of them over Ford at #5 for OUR needs.

couldn't agree more. Lampe's proven himself on a much bigger stage, just look at Manu this year. Ford is not right for us really, not without a sg not named JT.

but not becuase he just popped up on the season, that can happen if you play in an unknown basketball college.

Kaman is quite good, took that college to the NCAA.

Very athletic, quick and a nose for rebounding

HOWEVER

Kaman has attention deficit disorder, and only stopped taking ritalin prior to playing basketball in college. It seems to have worked out ok for him, but with the significant increase in physical demands on the body the NBA will provide I myself am a little worried about that and scared to take him with such a high lottery pick.

ADD's nothing to really worry about, seriously. If he has it, no big deal. I'm not sure what the L's stance on using ritalin would be (it's an amphetamine, i.e. low grade cocaine). It's seriously not an issue that should be held against someone, esp. in a sport.

• Premium Member

I think Denver would be willing to move down...

However, I think it would cost us more than a 2nd to move up 2 spots.

Possibly... the 5th pick in this draft and a future first. I think Kiki is smart. He'll do it.

Then... What would we do with Anthony?

We're talking about:

JT/Jones/Anthony/Grob/Theo?

Is that how we would lineup? Our would we then try to move Grob for a PF/C?

Maybe Detroit takes Grob for Cliffy/Filler?

Maybe Grob to NY for Thomas/Ward? I doubt this one.

Maybe Grob to Boston for Vin "the Dough" Baker... This would happen if Dunleavy is GM.

Grob/Hendu to Houston for Rice/Cato. Ouch... Maybe Rice/Griff/Filler.

Grob to Dallas for Lafrentz... If it wasn't for BYC, I would say this was an option. Grob/Dickau/Nazr to Dallas. Lafrentz to Denver. NVE/Camby to Us?

Would that be a squad of hurt jokers or what:

Theo/Camby/Anthony/Jones/JT (NVE).