• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Throwing another name out there.

KB21

Marques Johnson on The Southern Sports Report suggested that Atlanta will be in a position where they have to select the best available guy, and he says they need to concentrate on what they have in house.

His suggestion on who the Hawks should hire was Alex English. Marques states that English has a great basketball mind, won the NBDL Championship a couple of years ago (though I think North Charleston lost to Greenville in the Championship), and is a good fit for the Hawks. He says he thinks he could be another Byron Scott.

Anyone have any thoughts on Alex English as a potential head coaching candidate for the Hawks?

Oh, Johnson's predictions for the major names:

Jeff Van Gundy to Houston

Paul Silas to Cleveland

Larry Brown to LA Clippers

I saw that, too. Food for thought, at least.

When Hawks have a coach hired by someone else and

they become a pretty good head coach, then we promote

another assistant to interm coach. Now, another assistant

is mentioned as a possible head coach.

Food for thought.

If our coaches are THAT good, why aren't we winning?

Hawks, as are all teams in all sports, compare to a picture

puzzle. The parts must fit together properly to form the

intended picture. Who will be responsible for putting our

picture puzzle {Team} together next season??

Food for thought.

Will Hawks scramble the pieces of the puzzle before next

season by trades, the draft, free agents, etc. so that

our pieces better fit together to form our puzzle?

I wonder --------------

http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2003/03/1...ptsnba1a16.html

This is an article talking about the wealth of knowledge the Hawks currently have on the bench in Alex English and Dominique Wilkins.

There is a need to spark fan interest there as well. According to the above article, fans flock to English and Wilkins to get their autographs.

I wonder how much Billy Knight had to do with the addition of Alex English? I'll have to check, but their careers may have crossed paths early in English's career when Alex played for the Pacers. If this is the case, what if Knight gets the GM job full time? Will he opt to hire English as the head coach over Stotts?

It is food for thought, and I would honestly rather give English the shot than hire Dunleavy to coach the team. I just really don't like Mike Dunleavy all that much.

Nique should atlest be promoted to assistant coach

he deserves that much and English might be a option

to look at since he has been with the team for year

now.

• Premium Member

If we had Larry B... He would give us a new team?

I don't know how, But I'm sure some people would be gone two days later. Maybe Theo?

However, if we keep to business as usual, fans wont be encouraged.

So change on every level has to happen....

BUT...

Look at the Falcons? Some expert should come fourth and describe how much changing the falcons did to turn it around?

All I can see is Vick and Dunn?

Brown very much wanted to re-acquire Theo this past year, but the management wouldnt let him, from what I remember.....who wouldnt want Theo? I would much rather have him at PF if we had a solid low post defender to play center, but that isnt likely to happen and Theo with the right coach is an all-star caliber C.

• Premium Member

Are you sure? I believe that Brown was really in charge of all personnell moves while he was in Philly. King as GM was just a front man to take the heat. That's why the Sixers traded so often.

As far as why trade Theo...

Stephen A. Smith wrote a report once that Brown may have disliked Theo because of his lack of toughness. Weather it's true or not, I don't know.. However, all we have to go on is that he did trade Theo before.