DavidSomerset

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fizdale_081804_225.jpg

"I may be high 24/7, but I'm still better than Woody"

What do you want me to tell you, Woody is a horrible coach. We win in spite of him because we have a lot of talent. We have seen hundreds of examples. Tonight is the first night in Woody's career that it looked like there was an actual coaching strategy that won us a game, and the first thing out of Smith's mouth was that the defensive strategy that won the game was all Fizdale. There's no surprise here, it's a pattern. Woodson blows. He was an excellent assistant who doesn't cut it as a head coach at this level.

For all the hate he gets, our win production has been about what any reasonable fan should have expected given the circumstances since he's been here.

How on earth could anyone possibly expect more than 13 wins in 2004??

Expecting more than 26 wins in 2005 was unrealistic...I think we actually OVERACHIEVED that year.

In 2006, I expected 33 wins, but given all the injuries to our BEST players, 30 sounds about right.

This year, we are 10-10...IMO, we shouldn't expect anything more than 40 wins from the talent on this team.

We have to understand Woody has been coaching THE youngest team in the league since he's been here...People just have disillusioned goals.

Our production has matched about what I would have expected from this team no matter who is coaching.

And the ASG won't fire him if we make the playoffs. Woody is just a joke, the worst head coach I have ever seen at the NBA level.

You wonder what would happen if a Fizdale took over because with the right coach this team takes off. With Woody we are wasting the current squads window of opportunity.

My dislike of Woody has nothing to do with our record in any of the years since he's been here. Our record sucked because our team sucked. I watch the vast majority of the games and I dislike him because he is a horrible coach with no offensive system, horrible substitutions, doesn't understand how to manage the flow of the game (timeouts, subbing hot players out / cold players in), how to manage the flow of the season (run JJ into the ground until he wants to quit, and I could go on and on. Forget the record. He is an absolutely horrible coach.

i doubt fizdale huddled the guys up 10 minutes before the game and told them the secret gameplan. he's an assistant for a reason and that's to help the head coach out. it's about time they started to pull their own weight. with that being said, congrats to the coaches tonight for stopping a team that had beaten the celtics. i don't see how people can call any of the coaches sorry after they just get finished destroying one of the better teams in the league.

Quote:

Fizdale_081804_225.jpg

"I may be high 24/7, but I'm still better than Woody"

What do you want me to tell you, Woody is a horrible coach. We win in spite of him because we have a lot of talent. We have seen hundreds of examples. Tonight is the first night in Woody's career that it looked like there was an actual coaching strategy that won us a game, and the first thing out of Smith's mouth was that the defensive strategy that won the game was all Fizdale. There's no surprise here, it's a pattern. Woodson blows. He was an excellent assistant who doesn't cut it as a head coach at this level.

LMAO at the "I may be high" statement....Good Stuff

Which I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you on, the only thing that matter is wins and losses.

And in his time here, he's done as good of a job in that department as anyone could have reasonably expected...He has actually OVERACHIEVED, IMO, one of those 3 years, and was about right on par the other two.

As long as he keeps producing in accordance with my expectations from the perspective of wins and losses, I'm not going to complain.

For the record, given our schedule in the early part of this season, I believe we are OVERACHIEVING at this point to be 10-10...I expected more of 8-12.

I'm very happy with where we are at the moment.

Quote:

Which I'm sure a lot of people would agree with you on, the only thing that matter is wins and losses.

If the only thing that matters is wins and losses, then you have to drop the excuses and his record over his career is HORRIBLE.

You can't say ignore his horrible coaching all that counts is the record, and oh by the way ignore his horrible record as a coach because it's not his fault.

I've got to say...tonight the Hawks looked like a well coached team. And BK's philosophy is paying off right now too, with all the long athletic versatile players we've got on the court at any moment. Joe, Marvin, Horford, and Smoove are looking like they've got some chemistry going and I'm loving it. Glad we didn't trade Josh Smith like I wanted us to do.

His record as a coach is HORRIBLE because he was put into a HORRIBLE situation with HORRIBLE talent compared to other teams.

This is the first time in his coaching career that he has even had average NBA ready talent.

We have had the youngest team in the NBA the past 4 years...What kind of record would you expect??

You have to look at the situation, not just his record compared to ALL other NBA coaches.

All those other coaches had different rosters and different situations...now Woody is really starting to turn it around.

Hope he keeps it up.

If Franchises just looked at the record of the coach instead of factoring in his situation, I'm pretty sure people like Jimmy Johnson (1-15 his first year with the Cowboys) wouldn't have had the success he did.

Patience.

If Woody doesn't get us to the playoffs this year, I support him being fired, but there's no point in having unrealistic expectations.

Quote:

I've got to say...tonight the Hawks looked like a well coached team. And BK's philosophy is paying off right now too, with all the long athletic versatile players we've got on the court at any moment. Joe, Marvin, Horford, and Smoove are looking like they've got some chemistry going and I'm loving it. Glad we didn't trade Josh Smith like I wanted us to do.

You gotta give Kudos to Woody for using the vet Lorenzen to frustrate Dwight and along with AJ lending leadership on the court.

Quote:

Great defensive game plan, and just an overall good coaching job by the head man.

Put aside the hate, and admit he did a good job.

10-10 with this team at this point in the season with the eastern conference looking the way it is works for me!

grin.gif

The game plan wasn't his.

Injuries forced him to play better players.

But I will give him props for benching Salim, the brick sniper, in favor of AJ and Mario in the second half.

Quote:

The game plan wasn't his.

That's just such a horrible argument, because EVERY NBA head coach gets TONS of ideas from their assistants, this is nothing new.

I mean, it was funny as hell though when Smith said that, but it's still not a fair criticism of Woody IMO, and I'm one of his biggest haters.

If we can get Woody to worry about defense, get Fizdale or Bender to do substitutions, and then Larry Drew to work solely on offense, we should be fine.

For example, Fizdale stand up and direct offense during games, etc.

Just do NOT let WOody touch our offense and we will be fine. he is a very good defensive coach

... or even close to it, Woodson would be exposed to the rest of the world as the completely horrible coach that he is. It's like we're in a bubble or something. No one has paid attention to us for years. If there is more attention on the team, there will be more scrutiny of the coach.