• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jarrett Jack is available

capstone21

• Admin

I think we should try to acquire him. We are in need of a pg that can distribute and defend. I would think a combo of Jack and Law would be a nice combo for us.

How about some combo of Chil/Salim/2nd round pick for Jack/Webster although that may not be enough. Chil fills their biggest need at SF while we get a pg as well as a backup for Marvin and JJ that can shoot threes.

They don't need Jack since Blake and Sergio are also on the squad. However, I am having trouble finding the right value combo to get Jack here. Getting Chil makes Webster less needed since they also have Outlaw. However, Chil is a big upgrade over both of those guys.

Blake/Sergio

Roy/Salim/Jones

Chil/Outlaw

Aldridge/Frye/McRoberts

Oden/Pryz

A nice looking atheltic team for next season.

We would have

Jack/Law/AJ

JJ/West

Marvin/Webster

Smith/Sheldon

Horford/Zaza

We still don't have our offensive post play taken care of but we have a really nice PG combo and more three point shooting.

I'm no expert on trade value but I'd really like the Jack/Acie combo at PG.

Agreed I'd really hate to lose Chillz to get him though. I guess we gotta give something to get something though. Since Woody and BK should be held responsible this year if we don't make the playoffs, I would think there would be interest in getting Jack one way or another. The games that we had to deal with CP3 and TJF showed that we are hurting against rocket ship PGs.

P.S. - I'm not saying that Jack is as quick as those two, only that the JJ/Acie combo would be closer than AJ/Acie.

Quote:

I'd love to have Jack, but I don't think we mess with the roster at this point. AJ is playing well and it would be tough to lose Chill.

I would think that some of our expiring contracts would have value at the trade deadline, that may be the time to make a move.

If NY continues to play the way they are, they will likely want to dump some salaries come the trade deadline. Could pick up a backup center or pg????????

I agree adding Jack would be a benefit, especially if you really want to make the playoffs. But you have to unload some of these bad backup pg's we have first.

No way would I give up Childress for Jack. I am thinking Zaza or Sheldon and a PG.

Why is speedy still dressing up and sitting on the bench? They need to get that thief out of here.

The best deal I could come up with that might suit both teams is Jack, Frye and either Outlaw or Webster for Chills and Sheldon. Both Outlaw and Webster are playing great these days, so I'm not sure they would move either of them, plus they are in the luxury tax for both this year and next, so adding Chills to get his bird rights would just add further into the luxury tax equation. Of course, their owner is Paul Allen, who practically prints money, so maybe that's nto as big an issue to Portland.

Basically, Frye for Sheldon makes sense straight up. Frye is 3rd string right now for them behind Aldridge and LaFrenz, so he is expendable. Jack is in no mans land right now, as everybody (including Outlaw and Webster) at his playable positions (PG & SG) are playing well (Roy, Balke and Sergio). James Jones is playing great too, but I'm not sure he has close to the same value as Webster or Outlaw.

The other option is to take on additional salary (which the whole ownership court ruling thing blocks) in the form of Darius Miles or Raef LaFrenz, neither of which are appealing. Would anyone give up Speedy for Miles to make the trade work, knowing that Miles could be a cancer to the team if he was able to play again (which he is saying will happen in early 2008)? Speedy & Sheldon (and possibly Salim) for Miles, Frye and Jack?

The SG I would really target would be Giracek in Utah. He is unhappy, and he can shoot. Alot. He is very much like Salim, except taller, and Management wouldn't ever try to make him a PG like they've tried with Salim. This is where you could move a PG for a SG (Lue for Giracek). would seem to make sense for both teams.