• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AJ has been huge

scottt

Quote:

Looks to me that the dude is finally in shape; I think he was out of shape early in the season. He is able to get up a down for an entire game now.

I agree. He looks like he's in better shape, and they said he's been putting in some extra work on his jumpshot, and it's been paying off. Tonight was a glimpse of what the Hawks could be if when they get some production out of the PG spot.

Quote:

I predict that many of the board's frequent posters -- i.e. the Haters -- will be virtually silent tonight.

Why?

1) The Hawks won.

2) Marvin was huge.

3) AJ was huge..

Got em 116 - 111 tongue.gif

I guess AJ was worth it after all. Man I hated that meltdown at home last year against the Jazz.

REVENGE...load em up and shoot em boys tongue.gif

Quote:

I predict that many of the board's frequent posters -- i.e. the Haters -- will be virtually silent tonight.

Why?

1) The Hawks won.

2) Marvin was huge.

3) AJ was huge.

Oh, how these "fans" must be steaming right now.

Sorry, D.

Naw, he'll find something wrong with Marvin. Something like he only scored 3 points in the 4th quarter and legit #2 picks step up late. It will be something along those lines.

BTW, the two people who actually think that Chill is better than Marv may want to think again.

Quote:

Quote:

Why?

1) The Hawks won.

2) Marvin was huge.

3) AJ was huge.

Oh, how these "fans" must be steaming right now.

Sorry, D.

Naw, he'll find something wrong with Marvin. Something like he only scored 3 points in the 4th quarter and legit #2 picks step up late. It will be something along those lines.

BTW, the two people who actually think that Chill is better than Marv may want to think again.

He'll ignore the fact that Marvin played the entire game when we needed him due to injuries and foul situations, and he'll downplay his production as weak on a per minute basis.

Something like "Any role player could put up those numbers with that much PT"...

Thing is, role players are rarely asked to play entire games for their teams, unless they're SERIOUSLY valuable to their team's chances of winning.

Marvin should have had e)

Well Marvin SHOULD have 21 points if he plays the whole

Marvin plays the game the right way and there are a few who just don't get that fact. He plays a very unselfish game, plays within himself, cares about shot selection, plays defense, and is generally a very intelligent and cerebral player.

He made two great tip backs tonight that kept possessions alive. On both he had no chance for a rebound but cleverly got enough to knock it away from the Jazz players and out to a teammate. We scored on both plays. Those plays do not appear in the box score but those type of plays win basketball games.

Marvin has a very high IQ and is only 21. Horford has a similar IQ. We need guys that play smart basketball.

How is Marvin vilified by anyone here anymore? Seriously, that's messed up. Why does a bright, energetic, hustling, classy 21 year old have to apologize for anything? And he is clearly still growing in his game. He is still a ways away from his cap. I read a post from somebody earlier who questioned his work ethic. You just have to wonder where this crap comes from.

Quote:

Quote:

AJ was the man tonight.

This looks like the guy i remember watching in an Indy uniform a couple of years ago. It has been a long time since we had a pg who played an all around game like that.

Bob "triple double" Sura, remember? banghead.gif

Yeah i do unfortunately. Thanks for reminding me...NOT.

why didn't he play like this the first two times he was here?

i remember a few years back when he was here...

i absolutely hated him...

but now im warming up to him as he can hit an open shot now and seems to be a steadying presence for our team at that position.

Really, the key now is if he can bring this type of game consistently. He's no spring chicken.

Getting rid of Lue is the best thing that happened to the team. He kills the Hawks and should only play in an absolute emergency.

AJ is far from a great PG but he manages the game better and gets the ball where it needs to go most of the time.

Imagine how good this team would be with a real NBA quality PG...AJ is a little long in the tooth and that is a concern. With a true NBA PG this team goes to the playoffs.

Quote:

Really, the key now is if he can bring this type of game consistently. He's no spring chicken.

Getting rid of Lue is the best thing that happened to the team. He kills the Hawks and should only play in an absolute emergency.

AJ is far from a great PG but he manages the game better and gets the ball where it needs to go most of the time.

Imagine how good this team would be with a real NBA quality PG...AJ is a little long in the tooth and that is a concern. With a true NBA PG this team goes to the playoffs.

I agree with all of this. I hated the AJ pick up last year. But if he's here, he should be playing.

Woody is such an idiot. He should have been playing AJ long ago. I think he doesn't like the way AJ bucks him, like that WTF? look the other night. It is so obvious that he is better than Lue in every way. If AJ had been playing we could be a few games higher in the standings. We were just throwing games away with Lue. This is why Woody will kill us if we get in the playoff mix. Unless we have a perfect storm of injuries that force him to not suck. smirk.gif