• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

AVP-R not even as good as the 1st one

Blunt91

I caught AVP-R lastnight and even though I wasn't expecting much it still could have been better. There are no well known actors in the film. The one guy that I did know of had a small part in American Gangster as Denzel's drug addict friend. The Predator creature not only had to fight the Aliens but also the Predalien hybrid creature on his own. This is best serve to watch on DVD. The one bright thing about going to see the movie is the trailer for Harold & Kumar 2. Seems like it is going to be way more funnier than the 1st movie.

Worse than the first? Thats a humongous stepdown, seeing as how the first was absolute trash.

Even though I wasn't expecting much from AVPR, I had hoped this movie would somehow redeem itself after that abortion of a movie called AVP 1. After I saw the "red-band" trailer and saw all the glorious violence, blood and predator kills, I finally thought someone got it right. But with so much bad press and horrible word-of-mouth, makes me sad that someone could F this up for a second time. Come on, you have two of the baddest Hollywood creatures going at it, how can you screw this up?

• Moderators

Wow that sounds aweful. How can you not come up with a decent script for this movie?

I enjoyed Predator but really loved Alien & Aliens. Sad to see this abomination getting time on the screen.